X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CoryWinget81
    five thousand, 800 and uh
    • Dec 2006

I still think Tebow is having trouble reading defenses. I'm watching a few plays before the half and he winds up, stops, tucks like hes going to run and thinks "oh wait, I gotta throw" so he pulls the ball back up and looks for somewhere to throw, and no one is open, so he runs right into the LB.

I wanna see what Quinn can do with the twos. Can't compare Orton in this, because Orton played one series.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Buenacolt11
      Practice Squad
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by thenewera44 View Post
      A few things I can tell you. One, Tebow wasnt that impressive, but there doesnt seem to be this giant gap between him and Orton. Not the gap that we read about in the "official" reports from Denver media.

Orton seems to be exactly who he is. I dont need to go into anything more, since everyone already knows.

Quinn is real intruiging. I know 3rd team all of that, but I like the way he looked.

That is all that is needed to be said.
      I agree with this 100%. Tebow didnt look all that good to me. You look his stat line and think he played well but most of his completions were off the mark, he is slow as the polar ice cap getting away from the center and while he is great at keeping a play alive, he doesnt go through his progressions and he's way too quick to run.

Quinn I though looked really good. His passes were crisp and accurate, his footwork was solid and he found the open guy.

Orton is Orton.

Comment

• HUMCALC
        Football Immortal
        • Jan 2011

If we'd done that to Romo, there'd have been yellow all over the place. Another example of us being the red-headed stepchild of the NFL
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• broncos1997
          Special Teams
          • Mar 2008

Moore was decent and Carter got beat a few times (well not so much BEAT as he should have been there to make the play when he wasn't). Miller got into the backfield multiple times and didn't look lost when the play came to his side.
          disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

• HUMCALC
            Football Immortal
            • Jan 2011

It sounded like he had a good game. I'll see it tonight
            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• fightinglee
              Bench Warmer
              • Jan 2009

"Dangt kid, cant you just go into the fetal position like Orton?"

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                team preacher
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                But the one big difference - Elway had that arm. Oh, that arm. It was so easy to overlook everything else when he would load up and let that ball fly. What an arm.

If Tebow had an arm like that, I don't think much else would even matter.
                Yes, he did have an arm, and it was quite impressive to see the ball sail twenty yards over the receivers heads in the SB against the 49ers.

Tebow may not have Elway's arm, but no one does, and he probably has the strongest arm of all of the QB's on the roster. His arm is plenty strong enough.
                sigpic
                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• JellyBean2144
                  Practice Squad
                  • Jul 2003

I think that we did well. First game of the preseason. The offense looked a little ok. I will really have a fee l by week 3. Right now it is too early to tell how good/bad we are going to be.

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                    team preacher
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by teutonic7777 View Post
                    Chris Simms and Brady Quinn are worlds apart. Simms should be a bag boy at Kroger, not an NFL quarterback. Quinn looks like a good QB out there that has improved. He is a competitor and wants to be a leader. Simms was never that guy.
                    That's the second time I've seen someone say that, and I think it's completely wrong.

Prior to getting his spleen ruptured in Tampa, Chris accomplished more as an NFL QB than Brady Quinn ever has.

My comparison is completely legitimate. Until Brady proves he can play against a starting caliber defense and not wet his pants when the pressure comes my opinion remains unchanged.

the end..

sigpic

Comment

• -Rod-
                      #TeamBroncos
                      • Mar 2008

Did Chris Simms break out of his shell in the 2009 preseason? Be careful.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Artamentous
                        Practice Squad
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                        Our front office is about 3 weeks old...how have they failed at anything? Most of these guys have not really hit or been hit for 8 months.
                        is it? Joe Ellis has been around awhile right? And Xanders?

It's not new. But this lack of depth goes back to how bad Shanahan was on drafts, it continued with McD it seems.

Comment

• Buenacolt11
                          Practice Squad
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                          I am fairly convinced that many here that are so skeptical that Tebow can learn not to take off did not watch John in his early years.

That was the big nock on John (other than an awful completion percentage) his first few years. John would take off and scramble too quick. It happened on every drive it seemed. The first couple of reads wouldn't be open, or he would sense a little pressure, and John was off to the races. Sometimes he scrambled to buy more time to throw. Sometimes he took off and ran with the ball. John averaged close to 250 yards rushing for the majority of his career....even his second to last season.

Now, having said all of that I understand that most here remember the pocket passing John Elway from the mid to late 90's, but in no way was John a pocket passer for the first half of his career.

John was also known to be wildly inaccurate on his short range throws because he sometimes threw the ball too hard for anyone ten yards away to catch. This was in the first 5 or 6 years of his career.

I don't think this fan base really wants another John Elway because this fan base wouldn't recognize the next John Elway if he bit said fan base on the butt.

Additionally, spare me the, "don't compare Tebow to John" rants, or the "you're a fan of a player" rant. I was a fan of this team when most of you were just a gleam in your daddy's eye.

I understand Tebow is not John, but I firmly believe he can be something special, and I also recognize there are many parallels in their game.
                          Well, Im fairly certain I dont fall into the "gleam in daddy's eye' crowd but even so, I dont care who you compare to whom. But since you brought it up, Ill point out the glaring difference between Elway the runner vs. TT the runner. Elway scrambled but always kept his eyes down field. He ran when there wasnt another option. Tebow on the other hand, doesnt get his first option, he tucks the ball and goes. Timmy is a big strong guy and he can keep a lot of plays alive. But he needs to use his arm as his preffered method of play making, not his legs.
                          Can he learn? Well, thats the difference between Michael Vick today and Michael Vick early in his career. Vick now uses his legs to keep plays alive while keeping his eyes down field. If nothing develops, then he's off.

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                            team preacher
                            • Mar 2008

Willis crack-back block...aaaah yeaah!!!

This should be in the running for, "Best Hit of the Preason". People are so comsumed with analyzing Tebow's mistakes they missed something beautiful on this play!

Check out Willis's crack back block. It can be seen at the thirty second mark.

It's a thing of beauty. You'll notice as the play continues the homeboy who got lit up was not in the mood to get off the ground too quickly.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
                            sigpic

Comment

• elecshoc
                              Samurai anyone?
                              • Oct 2008

After two weeks of practice at least it didn't look like a total disaster. I think they'll be ok.

sigpic

Comment

• Hoserman117
                                Pwnin' Nubz
                                • Dec 2006

Moore and Miller were on the field like 2 drives, you'll never get any info on your starters after the first game.

Carter looked good I thought, did a good job picking through blockers to stop the bleeding on some plays.

Comment

Working...
                                X