Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gameday Thread - Preseason game 1: Broncos @ Dallas

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gameday Thread - Preseason game 1: Broncos @ Dallas

    Haven't heard anything from this guy in camp, has anyone even noticed this guy yet? Is his not being drafted until the last round justified? Any news would be greatly appreciated.
    sigpic

  • #2
    idk, but I hope we keep him as a backup DE

    Comment


    • #3
      I heard he had some good plays with a sack here or there.

      Comment


      • #4
        Alfred Williams a former DE said he likes him a lot. He understands how to play the position. He said something like no wasted steps. He thinks he will make the team and Jason Hunter will not.

        Comment


        • #5
          For those who have been to camp, does he look better than hunter? Is he playing on 2nd or 3rd team?
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
            Alfred Williams a former DE said he likes him a lot. He understands how to play the position. He said something like no wasted steps. He thinks he will make the team and Jason Hunter will not.
            Really, he thinks he'll make it over Jason Hunter? Well, I suppose if there's not much difference in talent, Beal will be the cheaper alternative because Hunter will probably make more than twice as much.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              Really, he thinks he'll make it over Jason Hunter? Well, I suppose if there's not much difference in talent, Beal will be the cheaper alternative because Hunter will probably make more than twice as much.
              He didn't say make it over him but when they talked about it he said Beal will make this team. Then in another conversation he was like he does not think Hunter will.

              I can see Dumervil, Ayers, Harvey, Beal being the 4 DE on the roster. Then at DT Warren, Thomas, Vickerson, Bunkley. Then have Jarmon as the swing guy.

              Comment


              • #8
                As expected, the Broncos moved Jeremy Jarmon to his natural position, LDE. The team created depth at the position. The current depth chart with the top 4 DEs: Dumervil, Ayers, Harvey and Jarmon. Beal is part of the 3rd team along with Hunter. He can still rise to the 2nd team. Veikune is in a tough spot. I have no idea if Fox likes to carry a 5th DE on the final roster. And considering Beal's success in college, he might be a risky choice for the practice squad.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                  As expected, the Broncos moved Jeremy Jarmon to his natural position, LDE. The team created depth at the position. The current depth chart with the top 4 DEs: Dumervil, Ayers, Harvey and Jarmon. Beal is part of the 3rd team along with Hunter. He can still rise to the 2nd team. Veikune is in a tough spot. I have no idea if Fox likes to carry a 5th DE on the final roster. And considering Beal's success in college, he might be a risky choice for the practice squad.
                  Yeh I don't know why he kept being referred to as a DT by people and John Elway even. Even in the media guide for 2011.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                    Yeh I don't know why he kept being referred to as a DT by people and John Elway even. Even in the media guide for 2011.
                    When the Redkins moved to a 3-4, they did not turn Jarmon into an OLB so he was labeled as a DT. But Xanders confirmed that Jarmon will be a LDE in the 4-3, the position he played in college:

                    http://www.stationcaster.com/player_...c=740&f=143681

                    go to Broncos Audio, Brian Xanders with Vic and Gary (between Daniel Fells and Dennis Allen)
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                      When the Redkins moved to a 3-4, they did not turn Jarmon into an OLB so he was labeled as a DT. But Xanders confirmed that Jarmon will be a LDE in the 4-3, the position he played in college:

                      http://www.stationcaster.com/player_...c=740&f=143681

                      go to Broncos Audio, Brian Xanders with Vic and Gary (between Daniel Fells and Dennis Allen)
                      Originally they did attempt to make him an OLB but then decided to have him play DE instead. They jerked him around by first making him cut weight then put in back on plus more.

                      http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ZFdI_blog.html

                      Jarmon is entering his third NFL season, but was out of place in Washington’s 3-4 defense. The team selected the Kentucky product in the third round of the 2009 supplemental draft with the intention of using him as a rush end in the 4-3 defense.

                      Then Mike Shanahan came aboard last year and ordered the installation of the 3-4 scheme. Jarmon first dropped weight to make the switch to linebacker, but then coaches had him bulk back up to play end. Jarmon battled injury last year and appeared in only five games. He should benefit from a return to the 4-3 defense, which Denver runs.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                        As expected, the Broncos moved Jeremy Jarmon to his natural position, LDE. The team created depth at the position. The current depth chart with the top 4 DEs: Dumervil, Ayers, Harvey and Jarmon. Beal is part of the 3rd team along with Hunter. He can still rise to the 2nd team. Veikune is in a tough spot. I have no idea if Fox likes to carry a 5th DE on the final roster. And considering Beal's success in college, he might be a risky choice for the practice squad.
                        He will carry 5 imo because Ayers will see plenty of work at UT. Beal may not be the 5th, being a natural fit for the PS.

                        This team would get a huge boost if Harvey or Jarmon live up to draft potential.
                        Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Beal has been making solid plays all around in training camp.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Official Pre-Season Game Day Thread: Broncos @ Dallas

                            Alright stop, collaborate and listen
                            Broncos are back for a brand new season
                            Doom, grabs a hold of Romo tightly
                            Throws him to the ground, daily and nightly
                            Will Champ ever stop? Yo, I don’t know
                            Toss up the ball, and he’ll roll
                            To the extreme Eddie rocks like a vandal
                            Light up Mile Hile and wax J-Jones like a candle
                            TD! Salute the crowd that booms
                            We’re killin’ Cowboy plays like a poisonous mushroom
                            Dawk, singing his pre-game melody
                            Sayin anything less than our best is a felony
                            Love it or leave it, Romo better gain way
                            Tebow hits bull’s eye, that kid don’t play
                            If there was a problem, EFX’ll solve it
                            Check out the score, it’ll leave Dallas sobbin’

                            Boys and girls, Broncos fans of all ages!! This is what we've been waiting for, what we were scared and worried that we might not see again!

                            For better or worse, Orton is the starter and whether Tebow (or even the mighty QWINN!) can unseat him remains to be seen.

                            Fox has his one-two punch in the backfield with Moreno and McGahee, and I we've added some solid players on defense!

                            Welcome back, DOOMervil! And Welcome Miller! It may be pre-season, but lets go show Garrett and his Cowgirls that the vaunted star on their helmet doesn't mean as much as they think it does!!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Go ORANGE AND BLUE!!!


                              Can't wait!
                              2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X