This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game day thread: Week 8 2004 Broncos vs Falcons

Man what happened champ getting burnt 3 times aginst Bengals that cant happen again espeacially agianst better teams. Lets not let it happen again So come on champ get back in the game aginst the falcons
    Benjamin Padilla

Champ

Originally posted by Padilla89
    Man what happened champ getting burnt 3 times aginst Bengals that cant happen again espeacially agianst better teams. Lets not let it happen again So come on champ get back in the game aginst the falcons
    Don't only look at the negative. Once he clearly fell down then he atleast got one pick from Chad Johnson.
    sigpic

Comment

that is the second time he fell down and gave up a touchdown this season...The other time he fell down when trying to cover M Clayton who caught the bomb and scored.
      The Denver Broncos - 6 Time AFC Champions ('77, '86, '87, '89, '97, '98)

2 Time NFL Champions ('97, '98)

Stomping on the Competition since 1960.

Comment

if you payed attention the grass was quite moist.... im not making excuses but that couldve been a reason why..... But IMO i think champ was nervous of all the fuss and media about him and chad

Comment

Champ seems to fall down a little to much sometimes
          I seen him fall down before in washington too so i dont know
          I think he bounce back this week against Peerless Price

Comment

Originally posted by Lynch Bailey247
            if you payed attention the grass was quite moist.... im not making excuses but that couldve been a reason why..... But IMO i think champ was nervous of all the fuss and media about him and chad
            everybody's gotta play on the same field. Just like when it rains or snows, everybody's gotta play in it...there's no excuse for anything.

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
            Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
            Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
            Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

Clayton pushed Champ over in the Bucs match. So that don't count. There was a slight bit of contact between Chad and Champ on that first TD too.
              sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

He 's only human (mucho Millions human), he did an excelent job considering the size difference.
                Oh and if ya watch the replay he stepped on Johnsons foot.

Comment

I'm looking for a different game called by MIke on Sunday!

I personallly have seen nothing but, run when you should pass, and pass when you need to run plays called by Mikey. I'm sincerely hopeing Shanny calls a game worthy of his (MASTERMIND ACCLAIM) -that really hasn't been around since the SuperBowl years.

The best encouragement I can give about Shanny is at least he's not afrAID TO GO ON 4TH AND DOWN anymore.

Comment

I just hope we get our TE's invovled in this one.. they were ignored last game.

Comment

Yes, C man is back I'd like to see him get some catches. It's a given he will!

Comment

Watching the game made me think they went into it a little too confident and played it like a "lets try this out" kind of game. Nothing really long, trying to establish the running, and were caught off guard be the excelent coverage for that kind of game.

Even during the play calling from the announcers was Cincy has the Denver defense off guard by going long and burning the corners a couple times. Denver didn't "shake it up" with diversity to put them on the defense.

Comment

Originally posted by jocool
                          I personallly have seen nothing but, run when you should pass, and pass when you need to run plays called by Mikey. I'm sincerely hopeing Shanny calls a game worthy of his (MASTERMIND ACCLAIM) -that really hasn't been around since the SuperBowl years.

The best encouragement I can give about Shanny is at least he's not afrAID TO GO ON 4TH AND DOWN anymore.
                          I think Shanny has been doing a great job of calling plays. He's had to overcome alot. First Sharpe and Mccaffrey has retired and Portis is gone. The first couple of games the problem was working Q into the offense. Lately its been Droughns. He hasnt been able to run the ball with anyone else because of injury. He also has had to call plays that work to Plummers ability. Play action and bootleg. This offense is alot more limited than we had in the past. I think he is doing good getting anything out of em.

Comment

I would rather have Shanahan's playcalling then our OC. Shanahan has the sense to develop his offense to his player's advantages, our OC wants to work on their disadvantages

Sonja Grimes, My Cousin, We Miss and Love You.
                            The Falcons Flock Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by daredevil25
                              I would rather have Shanahan's playcalling then our OC. Shanahan has the sense to develop his offense to his player's advantages, our OC wants to work on their disadvantages
                              Man what kind of play calling would shanny do with a weapon like Vick. That is a match made in heaven. Shanny probably would hardly ever throw the ball. He would run play side and let the running backs do there thing. But when he decides to bootleg Vick it would be deadly. Vick probably would throw 15 or 16 times a game for 250 or more yards.

Comment

Working...
                              X