Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First of all here is the newest information on Lynch...

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=3479

I agree with the Defensive Line and the missing of Trevor Pryce. When you have a person that the other team has to "game plan" around especially on defense, your other lineman get the benefits of it. Trevor is that kind of person and hopefully he will come back fully recovered and have no setbacks.

Defensive line also cause turnovers. When you get a good pass rush on a quarterback you can make him scramble, fall, bat a pass in the air, make him throw quickly, make him throw before he wants to, create fumbles, etc. Trevor does all that and we need him back.

That is a huge missing ingredient and it will not help the Lynch will be out for two to four weeks. That will also hurt. Defense must step up but it will not be easy.
    Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos28
      It doesn't matter, we still lost. Manning almost threw for 500 yards as well but they still lost?

The reason why we lost is because Jake Plummer put us in that hole with his three interceptions and the Defensive Scheme of Larry Coyer's sucked. So if you eliminate that, maybe 21 of their 41 points that they scored would have been eliminated and he wouldn't have thrown so many passes. 499 yards is misleading when you have to throw it all the damn time because you're so damn far behind with little time on the clock.
      Well, he got us in the hole, but he almost got us out of it. You really gotta stop hating on him. He's not perfect- and he prolly already feels like crap. See, i'm not gonna bash on Denver fans, but the majority of Bronco fans think that we will have another Elway and we won't. Your going back to Elways years and your saying- wow look at the success. Griese did suck, but he had to fill Elways shoes and he wasn't as bad as people said he was. Now- when Plummer has a bad game- the majority of Bronco fans say that he sucks and all that. And when he has a good game- they say he's the next Elway- so which is it?

*Sigh* What i'm trying to point out here is that there are things called bad games.
      sigpic

Comment

• part of the reason Jake threw those 3 int's was because of the position the defense and the rushing offense put him in. The first one was all Jake, we were ahead, no pressure...and he makes a mistake.

The defense and the rushing attack (or lack thereof) is to blame here. We have a guy who throws for 499 and 4 TD's and we blame HIM for the loss??? What's w/ our o-line and our rushing? What's with our "Vaunted" defense? If we'd had Griese, we would have scored 14 points...not 28.

From what i've seen, most of these Broncos fans want Elway back, and any QB who doesn't measure up to him is hated on all the time. Elway's gone, move on! Plummer is a good QB. Probably not the top 5 in the NFL, but he's good. One game you sing his praises, the next you want him cut. hypocrites.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos28
          It doesn't matter, we still lost. Manning almost threw for 500 yards as well but they still lost?

The reason why we lost is because Jake Plummer put us in that hole with his three interceptions and the Defensive Scheme of Larry Coyer's sucked. So if you eliminate that, maybe 21 of their 41 points that they scored would have been eliminated and he wouldn't have thrown so many passes. 499 yards is misleading when you have to throw it all the damn time because you're so damn far behind with little time on the clock.

Wow...you totally just proved how biased you are. Why don't you go review the Colts game and tell us how Manning lost the game for them? Don't you think that if QBs have excellent games like Plummer and Manning did then they should win? Of course, so if they lose...it's logical to assume that the blame isn't on the QB for the loss...at least not entirely as you are so dead set in believing.

I don't care if you taped the game and blah blah blah it's Jake's fault he was intercepted, who cares... The fact is, the receivers, O-Line and Defense played like hell. With the O-line and Defense at the top of the list.

What's wrong with throwing it all the time? How is that a bad thing? Maybe he had to throw throughout the whole game because our running game was shut down. Why was it shut down? Because our O-line can't create holes! If Droughns can't even get through, there's problems. You're going to blame Plummer for the defective run game too? You might as well since he has nothing to do with what happens after he hands the ball off. Atlanta figured some things out and beat us....Shut the hell up and move on.
          sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

• Originally posted by motarque
            part of the reason Jake threw those 3 int's was because of the position the defense and the rushing offense put him in. The first one was all Jake, we were ahead, no pressure...and he makes a mistake.

The defense and the rushing attack (or lack thereof) is to blame here. We have a guy who throws for 499 and 4 TD's and we blame HIM for the loss??? What's w/ our o-line and our rushing? What's with our "Vaunted" defense? If we'd had Griese, we would have scored 14 points...not 28.

From what i've seen, most of these Broncos fans want Elway back, and any QB who doesn't measure up to him is hated on all the time. Elway's gone, move on! Plummer is a good QB. Probably not the top 5 in the NFL, but he's good. One game you sing his praises, the next you want him cut. hypocrites.

look i support jake,, do i like him ? yes,,, but we can be real, he does do good and we could go far with him, yesterday one int wasnt his fault ok but if you look at the rest over theseason they are his fault! i've said it before these are not a case of " i just didnt see the defender" these are "oh no the pocket is collapsing, think what to do what to do, i'm gonna stare at rod ,,keep staring ok now hes got a defender in front and in back ,,throw!. a competent qb does not jeperdize the win by throwing to a obvious covered reciever....period! he should run get a yard throw the ball away or take the sack and punt, but for gods sake dont just throw it up for grabs and hope it just all works out. i know he had a good game even though we lost but all his ints are not from just a great defensive play but jake choking and panicing and throwing right to the defender,, and until that is corrected i dont care if he throws for 500 ,stupid ints gotta go
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by AlWilsonOwnsU
              Everybody is blaming the defense as a whole...and Jake!!!

Well its neither...it all startes with the D-line!

two weeks in a row the opposing QB has been able to drop back and have all day to throw...my goodness Mike Vick could have read a book and ate a sandwich by the time those guys even made him scoot around!

Carson had alot of time last week and Vick did this week.

It will be a major addition when we get Trevor Pryce back...right now we have no one that cant be blocked one-on-one allowing a O-linemen to drop back and assisit anyone getting beat....whereas if Trevor doesnt get a double team the QB will go down...Man we need him back....

We had no penetration and our D-linemen were getting punked on run plays....WE MISS TREVOR!!!

This is the real problem....not Jake or the offense or the linebackers or the safeties or the coaching or the corners....the D-line!!!!!!!
              Im with you too, but i say that hayward has done a good job so far, we need a good dt though badly, a big boy like that junior in oregon.....
              Bronco fan from Packer Land.
              Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
              Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

• Originally posted by TheEdge634
                Chargers D is playing awsome, #1 against the run. And most of the passing yards come in garbage time,

Think about it the chargers have had 3 blowouts this year, tennessee, Jacksonville, and oakland.

Byron Leftwich threw th ball 54 times, playing catch up.

Billy Voleck threw the ball 58 times, playing catch up.

Carry collins threw the ball 40 times playing catch up.

All 3 of them lost by double digits, i think the defence is getting "empty" yards pinned on them.

One more thing LT hasn't been healthy since week 4. He should be near full stregth after the bye though.
                Which is why the Bolts worry me the most™
                This space for rent

Comment

• If we play poorly next week.. I'll be in panic mode.. I've calmed down since yesterday.. were at 5-3 and I'm pretty happy about that.. it's better than 3-5 at least.

Comment

Working...
                  X