X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread: Week 17 2011 Chiefs vs Broncos

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL!!!

Well fellow Broncomaniacs, here we are once again. The final game of the regular season, After our 1-4 start we are knocking on the playoff doors.
    We have 2 ways of getting there, A win vs the Chiefs or a Oakland loss to the Chargers. I would rather break the front door down to the playoff then back in on 3 game losing skid.

Tebow is 7-3 as a starter this year. The last 2 weeks the Defense has been down and Tebow has been pressing and bad things have been happening, This would be a good time to turn it around. This will be KCs 2nd crack at Tim. The first game was a ball control game where Tebow completed 2 passes. We have moved a bit further away from the option since then and opened up the passing game a little more.

In the last 17 years we are 17 of 33 vs the chiefs. We are 3-2 over the last two years 1/2. We have won 12 of the last 16 home tilts vs them.

A lot can be made of the Tebow vs Orton thing. We let Orton go for a reason though. He couldn't get it done in Denver. He was 6 of his last 27 starts. Yes KC played great vs the Packers and had a low scoring snooze fest vs the Raiders last week that went to OT. They are scrappy and would like nothing better than to knock us out of the playoffs if they can. Elway-Fox-McCoy-Tebow need to show they made the right call with letting Orton go and keeping Tebow. Winning this game would do that.

I'd feel better if Dawkins was starting for the D - just have to put our trust in them getting back to form. Hoping Doom & Miller put him on the grass a few times!

As always hope for a good clean game with no injuries. Also please follow the Code of conduct and watch what you post here. If you see an issue report to the mods, there should be some here during the game to quickly respond.

I hope for a good game and another "W" and hope this isn't the last game day thread for the season! If it is I've had a blast with you guys another year.

GO BRONCOS!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Can't wait less then 24hr!!!!!!

Great post!! Go Broncos!!

Comment

So nervous, let's get it done.

Comment

:wave: Exciting times! Woo Hoo!

Gentle reminder: the first three quarters of this game may be extremely painful to watch.
        http://www.anchorsaweighcharters.com (No financial associations, usual disclaimers.)

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
          How do we have a gameday thread already? I'm not even hungover yet!
          I'm visiting relatives who are having a New Years get together, so it was do it now while I still could or have something that looks like Rainman would write up past midnight.

"Need a win.... def need a win...... 21 1/2 hours to Tebow...... 21.29 to Tebow.....21.28.... Kc is like Kmart - they both suck... fritos are fun...."
          The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elway View Post
            I'm visiting relatives who are having a New Years get together, so it was do it now while I still could or have something that looks like Rainman would write up past midnight.

"Need a win.... def need a win...... 21 1/2 hours to Tebow...... 21.29 to Tebow.....21.28.... Kc is like Kmart - they both suck... fritos are fun...."
            How is that any differnet than now???

Adopted Broncos:
            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
            Adopted posters:
            Everyone

Comment

Let's go Broncos

sigpic

Comment

Lets tear them up and rush KO since Battle isnt playing they will be passing a lot more

Comment

Originally posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
                  Lets tear them up and rush KO since Battle isnt playing they will be passing a lot more
                  I'm worried about Mccluster .. Can't let him get going or break big runs.. Jones is old

Comment

Originally posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
                    I'm worried about Mccluster .. Can't let him get going or break big runs.. Jones is old
                    Yes we have to watch out for him if we stay home we should be fine

Comment

By this time tomorrow, I'll be making preparations for my trip to Denver for the Playoff game next week.

Comment

Nervous and excited but have a lot of faith in the team that they will rebound and we will win the west tomorrow and host a playoff game next weekend. Happy New Year Broncos Nation let's start the New Year on a great start

Comment

Please, please win!!!! The force is strong with Tebow!
                          I adopt , mod of the stars
                          I adopt , you mess with him, you answer to me
                          I adopt , my conservative elephant
                          "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
                          God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
                          Adopted by the Greats: , , Thanks Guys

Comment

Please please PLEASE let's start the New Year with a WIN!!!!!!

Comment

Just win baby!!

GO BRONCOS!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                              Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                              Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                              Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                              I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X