Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wish my high school had a newspaper i guess a goofy ass morning show is alright LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Portis'HomeDogg
      I see your point lol
      Nice.......... Can I expect this weekly? lol

Comment

19-0 is right, total domination and Nebraska hasn't been the same since.

That year was amazing, and Jake was a big part of it. I remember the game with the Snake Pass, I think it was an away game at UCLA. He hands off to either a RB or reversing WR who runs to the right. He keeps going left and the player passes back to him! He catches it, scrambles and breaks tackles and gets into the endzone. That was the deal maker for that game.

Jake will never be perfect, as much as many of us would like him to be. But, there is no doubt he is a LEADER and always wants to win. I think he's in the perfect place and it is my hope he leads the Broncos back to the promised land.
        Victory and defeat are matters of the temporary force of circumstance.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

Maybe, it all depends on if I have the time

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
          RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
          Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
          -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

Originally posted by Portis'HomeDogg
            O.K. guys I need you to rate this from 1-10, It is for my school paper, it's the Thanksgiving Edition so it's very important, your input is appreciated. The article is due at 7:00 tomorrow so I need your input A.S.A.P

Broncos Ready to Start Late Season run vs. Saints.

After Starting 5-1, Denver Has Lost Two of the Last Three Games

The Denver Broncos haven't won a playoff game since the 1998 Super Bowl, and have struggled in the second half of the last three seasons.

Coming out of its bye, however, Denver is rested and ready to make a late-season run.

The Broncos look to keep pace with San Diego in the AFC West when they try for their second straight victory in a matchup with the New Orleans Saints.

Denver avoided a three-game losing streak heading into its off week with a 31-13 rout of Houston on Nov. 7.

The defense shut down the Texans all day, Jake Plummer threw four touchdowns without any interceptions and Reuben Droughns rushed for over 100 yards for the fourth time in five games.

Denver looked more like the team that started the season 5-1. Now the Broncos hope the time off will help it pull away from the Chargers in the division.

"I do feel a lot fresher going into the second half of the season," said Droughns, who had 30 rushing yards through four weeks but is now ninth in the AFC with 678 yards.

"This bye week helped me out tremendously," said Droughns "my legs are going to be a lot fresher, and I'm going to hit those holes a lot faster."

The Broncos have gone 12-12 to close out the last three seasons, and coach Mike Shanahan is looking to improve on that.

"You've got to start peaking in November and December and playing your best football," Shanahan said. "Then, you wait and see. It changes every year."

Denver could have safety John Lynch back for this game. He broke the bone above his tailbone Oct. 31, but trainer Steve Antonopulos was optimistic the veteran would be ready for the Saints.

The Broncos will probably be without defensive end Trevor Pryce again. Originally expected back around now after back surgery, Pryce is looking at early December.

"The good news is the back is fine," Shanahan said. "It's when he pushes off that he doesn't feel good about that. Hopefully, one day, he comes in and says he feels good about pushing off, and then he's ready to go."

New Orleans is playing its fourth straight game against a team from the AFC West,and is 2-1 in those contests after defeating the Kansas City Chiefs 27-20 on Sunday.

The Saints had dropped four of five before the win, due in large part to a defense that was allowing almost 30 points per game. Against the Chiefs, they allowed 497 yards but held Kansas City nearly 10 points below its average.

That was enough for New Orleans coach Jim Haslett to be happy on Monday.

"The yardage bothers me, but it really didn't because of who they are," said Haslett, whose team ranks last in the NFL in yards and points allowed. "That yardage doesn't win games; those points win games."

The Saints have made several changes to the defensive lineup since the start of the season. A trade brought cornerback Mike McKenzie from Green Bay, and he started his fourth straight game Sunday and got his first interception.

Fakhir Brown has replaced injured Ashley Ambrose at the other cornerback position. Strongside linebacker Sedrick Hodge is back in the starting lineup after being suspended for the first four games.
            Veteran Orlando Ruff, one of the team's best run defenders, has replaced rookie Courtney Watson at middle linebacker and made a game-saving interception at the Saints' 4-yard line with less than two minutes to play Sunday.

Willie Whitehead, the team's most versatile defensive lineman, played for the first time Sunday after returning from offseason knee surgery.

"We're starting to feel comfortable together," Haslett said. "We need to win games and we're going play the guys that give us the best chance to win right now."

Standings: Broncos -- 1st place (tied), AFC West. Saints -- 2nd place, NFC South.

Broncos Leaders:

Offense -- Plummer, 2,282 passing yards and 19 passing TDs; Droughns, 678 rushing yards; Rod Smith, 44 receptions and 637 receiving yards; Ashley Lelie, 5 receiving TDs.

Defense -- Reggie Hayward, 3 1/2 sacks; Champ Bailey, 2 INTs.

Saints Leaders:

Offense -- Aaron Brooks, 2,129 passing yards and 11 passing TDs; Deuce McAllister, 470 rushing yards and 6 rushing TDs; Joe Horn, 54 receptions, 758 receiving yards and 5 receiving TDs.

Defense -- Charles Grant, 7 1/2 sacks; Ambrose, 3 INTs.

Broncos Team Rank:

Rushing Offense -- 137.8 yards per game (6th in NFL)
            Passing Offense -- 248.1 ypg (8th)
            Total Offense -- 385.9 ypg (5th).
            Rushing Defense -- 106.1 ypg (8th)
            Passing Defense -- 168.1 ypg (2nd)
            Total Defense -- 274.2 ypg (3rd).

Saints Team Rank: Rushing Offense -- 93.6 yards per game (26th)
            Passing Offense -- 226.0 ypg (13th)
            Total Offense -- 319.6 ypg (19th).
            Rushing Defense -- 149.0 ypg (32nd)
            Passing Defense -- 275.0 ypg (32nd)
            Total Defense -- 424.0 ypg (32nd).

I personally think I made it too long, I don't know what parts I should delete.

It might be a lil' lengthy but the stats are great on the upcomin match.

Gotta give it a 9.
            “The Oakland raiders are so bad.”
            “How bad are they???”
            “They’re so bad that they get ______ed by every
            Team”

04 plummer4presdnt 139
            10/11+ / 8 / 8+ / 9+ /11/ 10 / 9+ / 7 / 8 / 8 / 9 /7 /6 /6+ / 7

4th in Bronco pick'em

Comment

CBS - CBS SportsLine - AOL

Home | News | Scores | Stats | Schedules | Standings | Teams | Players | Rosters | Depth Charts

Preview

Denver at New Orleans
              NFL.com wire reports

Matchup Breakdown | Game Notes

NEW ORLEANS (Nov. 17, 2004) -- The Denver Broncos haven't won a playoff game since Super Bowl XXXIII, and have struggled in the second half of the past three seasons.

Coming out of its bye, however, Denver is rested and ready to make a late-season run.

The Broncos will look to keep pace with San Diego in the AFC West when they try for their second successive victory in a matchup with the New Orleans Saints.

Denver avoided a three-game losing streak heading into its off week with a 31-13 rout of Houston on Nov. 7.

The defense shut down the Texans all day, Jake Plummer threw four touchdowns without any interceptions and Reuben Droughns rushed for over 100 yards for the fourth time in five games.

Denver looked more like the team that started the season 5-1. Now the Broncos hope the time off will help them pull away from the Chargers in the division.

"I do feel a lot fresher going into the second half of the season," said Droughns, who had 30 rushing yards through four weeks but is now ninth in the AFC with 678 yards.

"This bye week helped me out tremendously. My legs are going to be a lot stronger and a lot fresher, and I'm going to hit those holes a lot faster."

The Broncos have gone 12-12 to close out the past three seasons, and coach Mike Shanahan is looking to reverse that trend.

"You've got to start peaking in November and December and playing your best football," Shanahan said. "Then, you wait and see. It changes every year."

Denver could have safety John Lynch back for this game. He broke the bone above his tailbone Oct. 31, but trainer Steve Antonopulos was optimistic the veteran would be ready for the Saints.

The Broncos probably will be without defensive end Trevor Pryce again. Originally expected back around now after back surgery, Pryce is looking at early December.

"The good news is: The back is fine," Shanahan said. "It's when he pushes off that he doesn't feel good about that. Hopefully, one day, he comes in and says he feels good about pushing off, and then he's ready to go."

Jake Plummer will try to pick up where he left off before the Broncos bye week.

New Orleans is playing its fourth consecutive game against a team from the AFC West, and is 2-1 in those contests after defeating the Kansas City Chiefs 27-20 on Nov. 14.

The Saints had dropped four of five before the victory, due in large part to a defense that was allowing almost 30 points per game. Against the Chiefs, they allowed 497 yards but held Kansas City nearly 10 points below its average.

That was enough for New Orleans coach Jim Haslett to be happy Nov. 15.

"The yardage bothers me, but it really didn't because of who they are," said Haslett, whose team ranks last in the NFL in yards and points allowed. "That yardage doesn't win games; those points win games."

The Saints have made several changes to the defensive lineup since the start of the season. A trade brought cornerback Mike McKenzie from Green Bay; he started his fourth consecutive game Nov. 14 and got his first interception.

Fakhir Brown has replaced injured Ashley Ambrose at the other cornerback position. Strongside linebacker Sedrick Hodge is back in the starting lineup after being suspended for the first four games.

Veteran Orlando Ruff, one of the team's best run defenders, has replaced rookie Courtney Watson at middle linebacker and made a game-saving interception at the Saints' 4-yard line with less than two minutes to play against the Chiefs.

Willie Whitehead, the team's most versatile defensive lineman, played for the first time Nov. 14 after returning from offseason knee surgery.

"We're starting to feel comfortable together," Haslett said. "We need to win games and we're going play the guys that give us the best chance to win right now."

STANDINGS: Broncos -- 1st place (tied), AFC West. Saints -- 2nd place, NFC South.

BRONCOS LEADERS: Offense -- Plummer, 2,282 passing yards and 19 passing TDs; Droughns, 678 rushing yards; Quentin Griffin, 2 rushing TDs; Rod Smith, 44 receptions and 637 receiving yards; Ashley Lelie, 5 receiving TDs. Defense -- Reggie Hayward, 3½ sacks; Champ Bailey, 2 INTs.

SAINTS LEADERS: Offense -- Aaron Brooks, 2,129 passing yards and 11 passing TDs; Deuce McAllister, 470 rushing yards and 6 rushing TDs; Joe Horn, 54 receptions, 758 receiving yards and 5 receiving TDs. Defense -- Charles Grant, 7½ sacks; Ambrose, 3 INTs.

BRONCOS TEAM RANK: Rushing Offense -- 137.8 yards per game (6th in NFL); Passing Offense -- 248.1 ypg (8th); Total Offense -- 385.9 ypg (5th). Rushing Defense -- 106.1 ypg (8th); Passing Defense -- 168.1 ypg (2nd); Total Defense -- 274.2 ypg (3rd).

SAINTS TEAM RANK: Rushing Offense -- 93.6 yards per game (26th); Passing Offense -- 226.0 ypg (13th); Total Offense -- 319.6 ypg (19th). Rushing Defense -- 149.0 ypg (32nd); Passing Defense -- 275.0 ypg (32nd); Total Defense -- 424.0 ypg (32nd).

LAST MEETING: Dec. 3, 2000; Broncos, 38-23. At New Orleans, Mike Anderson rushed for an NFL rookie-record 251 yards and scored four TDs to lead the Broncos to their fifth straight win.

STREAKS AND NOTES: Broncos -- Denver is 30-2 under Shanahan when scoring more than 30 points. ... Darius Watts leads all AFC rookie WRs with 22 receptions. ... The Broncos are allowing the fewest first downs in the NFL at 14.3 per game. Saints -- Haslett is looking to join Jim Mora as the only New Orleans coaches with 40 victories. ... Brooks needs 11 completions and 38 passing yards to pass Bobby Hebert for second place in club history in those categories. ... WR Jerome Pathon is averaging a career-best 17.9 yards per catch.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Broncos -- 2-2 on the road; Saints -- 2-3 at home.
              STANDINGS

Team Standing W L T PCT Home Road
              Denver 2nd AFC West 6 3 0 .667 4-1 2-2
              New Orleans 2nd NFC South 4 5 0 .444 2-3 2-2

INJURIES
              OUT DT Luther Elliss (Calf)
              DE Trevor Pryce (Back)

QUESTIONABLE FS John Lynch (Back)

INJURIES
              DOUBTFUL OLB Derrick Rodgers (Back)

QUESTIONABLE TE Ernie Conwell (Shoulder)
              SS Steve Gleason (Hamstring)
              WR Joe Horn (Knee)
              CB Mike McKenzie (Knee)

PROBABLE RB Deuce McAllister (Flu)

Help · Account Info

© 2004, NFL Enterprises, L.P. NFL and the NFL shield design are registered trademarks of the National Football League.
              The team names, logos and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated.
              NFL footage © NFL Productions LLC.

Comment

No joe horn will make life miserable for the saints on sunday. I mean, horrificly miserable.

Comment

Plagiarism?????
                  "Go away kid, you bother me"....W.C. Fields

Comment

heh, looks like it...

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/[email protected]

Comment

I am new here but I do not understand all the bashing of Plummer because of his mistakes. It seems many on here are very short sighted, or maybe just such perfectionists, they can't abide any imperfection. The true measure of a good/great QB is his leadership, inspiration, and winning percentage. John Elway is a god on here and rightly so, however, the great John Elway had an average of over 14 pics a year and a career QB rating of 79.9. I assume these bashers would have been calling for his head also. Big win this week in NO!

Comment

Originally posted by riiiiick
                        I am new here but I do not understand all the bashing of Plummer because of his mistakes. It seems many on here are very short sighted, or maybe just such perfectionists, they can't abide any imperfection. The true measure of a good/great QB is his leadership, inspiration, and winning percentage. John Elway is a god on here and rightly so, however, the great John Elway had an average of over 14 pics a year and a career QB rating of 79.9. I assume these bashers would have been calling for his head also. Big win this week in NO!

They did call for his head. You have to realize how spoiled Broncos fans are. I mean...how many teams in the NFL only WISHED they were playoff contenders this year (*Cough* chiefs and raiders!!!)

All the Plummer bashers just don't remember Elways days. Heck, half of them never saw Elway play except on a highlight video and that is why they don't remember John's faults.

One thing he and Jake have in common though...they insipre the team to fight to the end and they find ways to win.

Comment

I dont think i have ever complained about jake, the most ive ever said is we shouldnt try an make him win a game like we tried to against atlanta, but i still love jake, when we have at least decent support for him he thrives
                          Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                          Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                          Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

^ Please! I don't think so!

Comment

you stole the article
                              your preview sucks
                              Last edited by BRONCOS_OWN_U16; 11-20-2004, 02:04 PM.

Comment

hey

Welome Riiiick!

The thing with Jake, as he admits, is he has got to let go of the split second emotion (ie. caused by a broken play on 3rd down) that drives him to try to win all by himself. He is working on getting a handle on that EMOTIONAL REACTION and turning the situation into a RATIONAL RESPONSE. No one feels the pain of a bonehead INT more than Jake. He is getting it, but it takes time to learn to calmly think instead of wildly react in those situations.

Incidentaly, some of those picks were tipped, etc, and not Jakes fault.

GO BRONCOS!
                                - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Working...
                                X