This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caps lock

Another dumbars that forgot his cap locks and cannot spell.
    If you ain't a Bronco you don't know FOOTBALL

You can win one and think you are a winner and then you can be a Raider or a KC fan and still be a loser when you win!

Comment

• Yeah...and We Wanted Him Out Since Last Year....

Originally posted by Bronco D
      Dear Chargetts becareful what you ask for...You know Marty's record against the Broncos . Its like 1 for 100.. I like those odds..

--------------------------------------

BUT HE'S AMENDED HIS OLD WAYS AND VOWED TO WALK THE TIGHT ROPE WHEN IT COMES TO PERSONNEL DECISION.

THERE ARE SEVERAL PROBLEM FRONTS FOR YOUR TEAM:

1. WHO'S COVERING GATES? THIS IS A VALID QUESTION, SINCE HE'S IN THE HUNT TO BREAK THE TE RECORD OF 12 TD's; SO FAR, HE HAS 11 AND 5 MORE GAMES TO GO. BESIDES, NO SECONDARY HAS BEEN ABLE TO COVER HIM (THE FIRST MEET WAS A FLUKE);

2. WHO'S COVERING MCCARDELL, AND PARKER, AND OSGOOD - GUYS WHO HAVE ELEVATED THEIR GAMES TO ANOTHER LEVEL ; POST 3RD GAME...

3. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA' DO WITH LT AND CHATMAN WHEN THEY LINE UP SIDE BY SIDE?

THAT MY FRIEND IS A HEADACHE IF I WE'RE A DC OF THE OPPOSING TEAM.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOUR OPPONENTS AFTER SUNDAY!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

Comment

• This loss shouldn't be too surprising

If you factor in the fact that bad weather helps a team with larger bodies than smaller ones. We couldn't get any pressure on Collins, because he's got a mountain of men in front of him. Conversely, although Droughns had a good game, we couldn't get any yards in the 4th because our offensive line was too small to really move the mountain of fat between sapp and washington. Factor in that offenses have an advantage in weather like this because a receiver knows the route, while the CB has to turn around and not try to fall down. It was wet, slippery, and a generally crappy day. However the Raiders beat us, and they played well. Mammoth Lines will beat Finesse lines most of the time in this kind of weather. Yes it sucks that we lost, but if we take care of business in San Diego this weekend, we still control our own destiny. There is a lot of football to play left, and we've got some tough games ahead of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
          Ive said our Defense was overrated all season long. Its not a bad defense, we have some good pieces, but we are weak at the most important area on defense and since we didnt address it in last years draft, its not likely to be fixed for 2-3 seasons as our rookies from this coming draft learn the game.

Even though DJ Williams looks really good, we shot ourselves in the foot by passing on Wilfork, Udeze, and Smith. We could have gotten by and still dominated with Ian Gold or probably even Terry Pierce. We are NOT getting by without a dominating D-lineman. Allow me to explain some things...

A dominating D-lineman requires two blockers on almost every play. This means the fullback, TE, or RB is required to help block the pass rushing threat. This opens up the possibility to blitz because our blitzer has the chance to get through unblocked. Particularly the LBs are freed up to blitz at will.

However, we have no D-lineman who requires a doubleteam. What this means is that the fullback, TE, or RB is sitting back waiting to pick up our blitzer and then we will be torched to the open spot on the field because the blitzer was picked up.

Its not Coyer's fault. You cant blitz if your blizter is simply going to be picked up and blocked. Understand that we dont have big, aggressive DT's that clog blockers, and we dont have DE's that need to be doubleteamed. Our D-line may be the worst in the NFL. Its been not as exposed because our secondary and LBs are so good. And waiting for an aging Pryce to come back and dominate is not likely going to happen. Anytime a 300 lb man has spine problems, that generally spells the end of their career.

So, here's the deal....

Denver's secondary is Super Bowl calibur, as are our LBs. However, a bad D-line negates both of those facts. A QB sitting back there with all day to pass will beat our secondary, and we cant blitz our LBs because they will just be blocked because our D-line doesnt compress the pocket or demand doubleteams.

The truth is we are going to be beaten by teams like Indianapolis and New England until we can sign playmakers on the D-line. Realistically, this is going to take several years. Plummer's contract will prevent us from signing any marquee FA's and the only way is to develop pass rushers through the draft. But since we passed on the very best D-linemen draft of the last decade last year and since this year is weak for D-linemen, we won't be winning anything for several years unless we strike gold on some no-name DE or DT.

So, please quit blaming Coyer, you don't know what youre talking about. You cant blitz if your blitzer will just be blocked. A team is only as good as its O-line and D-line. We have a great O-line and crappy D-line which means we are an average team that may miss the playoffs. Though, even if we get in, with this year's team, we cant beat Indy or NE.

This is a good post, but I would say that had the field been dry our smaller DT's might have been able to get good penetration, however with the conditions being that they were, they weren't able to penetrate because of loose footing. I think given a dry surface we can get a pass rush, is it consistent? No, but it can be in spurts, and it also allows for us to use speed guys like chucky more effectively.

Comment

• Yep, can't deny the fact that we really couldn't move the ball on offense in the first half, our defense played great considering Raider dominated the field position in the half...but you can't also deny that Broncos were up 24-13 in the 4th, THATS what really hurt...we gave up a 11 point lead in the 4th to the Raiders!?! and the fact that they beat us on a 4th down conversion adds to the low blow..

but I'm over it...what WE ALL should be focused on is next week... its a must win game, and I watched these Chargers against the Chiefs...couldn't really gauge them based on them playing the erratic Chiefs, but nothing too fancy, they give up points and their offense is stoppable...now lets see if we can pull out the W...

pssst..and no snow ..
            fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

• I don't have a link or know that one is out there but here is the pic.

L.Tayler - M. Farr - L. Saban - R. Jackson - F. Little
              C. Gilchrist - G. Mingo - A. Haynes - G. Gonsoulin - J. Turner - W. McDaniel

Comment

• Originally posted by #7fan4ever
                Players do not make the call for a bomb to a rookie in the back of the end zone in the snow with a slippery ball!Not to mention the lack of passing,did Jake call that?
                I think not.When they key in on your running game pass the dam ball! It aint rocket science!When you run the same guy play after play after play after play the defense even the dumdars faiders get smart to your next move.
                A big lead was blown in Mile high!I cant stand it! To the faiders off all teams!
                I am gonna call Dr Phil!My anger is getting outta hand!

Your correct about the play calling. They send in a play that has multiple progressions, the other options may not have been as wide open as Watts was and he has made lots of big time catches in his career playing football.

Plus if Jake would have forced a throw and not made it either by having the DB make a good play or intercept you'd be calling for his head. In this case Jake made the right decision and for what ever reason Watss could not come up with the catch.

It should not have come down to a couple of last gasp plays in foul weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jrhampton
                  Your correct about the play calling. They send in a play that has multiple progressions, the other options may not have been as wide open as Watts was and he has made lots of big time catches in his career playing football.

Plus if Jake would have forced a throw and not made it either by having the DB make a good play or intercept you'd be calling for his head. In this case Jake made the right decision and for what ever reason Watss could not come up with the catch.

It should not have come down to a couple of last gasp plays in foul weather.
                  I have held my temper all season and said it has to get better,But i am seeing the same thing repeat week after week,even when we win it is not as sweet as it should be becuase of bad calls throughout the game as a whole.

You can win one and think you are a winner and then you can be a Raider or a KC fan and still be a loser when you win!

Comment

I have held my temper all season and said it has to get better,But i am seeing the same thing repeat week after week,even when we win it is not as sweet as it should be becuase of bad calls throughout the game as a whole.

Just watched the end of the tape again and Watts touched the ball with his Right hand it altered the flight of the ball. The game was in his hand!

Comment

• Nice hands.....flipper

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                      Just watched the end of the tape again and Watts touched the ball with his Right hand it altered the flight of the ball. The game was in his hand!
                      Rule one dont bomb to the rookie in the snow!

Comment

Rule one dont bomb to the rookie in the snow!

Why the kid had aught passes in the game, he was wide open I REPEAT WIDE OPEN. Everyone else was covered, the kid just needs to step up and make the catch.

Frankly we should have never been in that positon to have to come back to win it. Not being up by 11 points with with 13 minutes to go in the game. wiith Lynch intercepting the ball with 10 minutes left.

1-10-DEN2 (10:07) R.Droughns right tackle to DEN 18 for 16 yards (N.Asomugha).
                        PENALTY on DEN-D.Neil, Offensive Offside, 1 yard, enforced at DEN 2 - No Play.

1-11-DEN1 (9:41) R.Droughns up the middle to DEN 6 for 5 yards (S.Williams).

2-6-DEN6 (8:57) R.Droughns left guard to DEN 7 for 1 yard (T.Sands).

3-5-DEN7 (8:14) J.Plummer pass incomplete to R.Smith.

4-5-DEN7 (8:10) M.Knorr punts 34 yards to DEN 41, Center-M.Leach, out of bounds.

and then

1-10-DEN31 (6:06) R.Droughns left guard to DEN 34 for 3 yards (N.Harris).

2-7-DEN34 (5:24) R.Droughns right tackle to DEN 40 for 6 yards (M.Anderson, B.Hamilton).

3-1-DEN40 (4:40) R.Droughns up the middle to DEN 40 for no gain (M.Anderson).

4-1-DEN40 (3:48) M.Knorr punts 36 yards to OAK 24, Center-M.Leach. P.Buchanon to OAK 18 for -6 yards (M.Leach).

We lost the game because Mikey crawled in to his conservative shell and did nothing that the faiders did not know was coming.

Punting fo 36 yards or less twice did not help the matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jrhampton
                          Why the kid had aught passes in the game, he was wide open I REPEAT WIDE OPEN. Everyone else was covered, the kid just needs to step up and make the catch.

Frankly we should have never been in that positon to have to come back to win it. Not being up by 11 points with with 13 minutes to go in the game. wiith Lynch intercepting the ball with 10 minutes left.

1-10-DEN2 (10:07) R.Droughns right tackle to DEN 18 for 16 yards (N.Asomugha).
                          PENALTY on DEN-D.Neil, Offensive Offside, 1 yard, enforced at DEN 2 - No Play.

1-11-DEN1 (9:41) R.Droughns up the middle to DEN 6 for 5 yards (S.Williams).

2-6-DEN6 (8:57) R.Droughns left guard to DEN 7 for 1 yard (T.Sands).

3-5-DEN7 (8:14) J.Plummer pass incomplete to R.Smith.

4-5-DEN7 (8:10) M.Knorr punts 34 yards to DEN 41, Center-M.Leach, out of bounds.

and then

1-10-DEN31 (6:06) R.Droughns left guard to DEN 34 for 3 yards (N.Harris).

2-7-DEN34 (5:24) R.Droughns right tackle to DEN 40 for 6 yards (M.Anderson, B.Hamilton).

3-1-DEN40 (4:40) R.Droughns up the middle to DEN 40 for no gain (M.Anderson).

4-1-DEN40 (3:48) M.Knorr punts 36 yards to OAK 24, Center-M.Leach. P.Buchanon to OAK 18 for -6 yards (M.Leach).

We lost the game because Mikey crawled in to his conservative shell and did nothing that the faiders did not know was coming.

Punting fo 36 yards or less twice did not help the matter.
                          Hamp,Can you send these stats to arapaho on my thread : Shanahan has to go!
                          These are all the stats I am griping about, Bad calls!

Comment

Working...
                          X