This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game day thread: Week 13 2004 Broncos vs Chargers

This game is really important for us now. We could either take the division lead (we'd be tied, but have the tiebreaker over San Diego) or we could **shudder** go 2 games down in the division. That's why we need this game. Our backs will be against the wall so we'll see the true character of this team.

San Diego's offense has a lot of weapons, but we've always done good against LT and the run, so it'll be up to Drew Brees to beat us. We just need to pressure him and get him to make mistakes.

The last game we won with NO running game. Hopefully that'll be different with Reuben this time and Jake has been solid lately.

So lets get out and cheer our A$$es off for this game and take the West back!!

Go Broncos!!!!!
    Mike Shanahan
    64.29%
    Jake Plummer
    32.14%
    Jason Elam
    3.57%
    Ashley Lelie
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

We need LB, corner and safety blitzes. COllins was too comfortable in most of yesterday's game.
    sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

This is the make or break game.
      Superbowl 50 Champs!

Comment

I also think that we should have Champ on Antonio Gates for some plays, kind of like what we did with Gonzo in the Chiefs game.

Their D is good against the run, but last time we didn't have Reuben at RB. But their pass D is very bad, so Jake should have another big game against them.
        Last edited by DenverFanInGB; 11-29-2004, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Bailey should cover Gates at all times... he is their number 1 WR... I know he is not a WR, but he is Brees fav target...

Comment

The chargers are going to beat up an already hurting denver team coming off a tough game and into san diego where the crowd will be nuts and the chargers havent scored under 34 since week 2 at home. Denver will be lucky to keep it within 10
            2016 AFC WEST CHAMPIONS: STATED WEEK 7 SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS

Comment

and we havent allowed LT to rush for a 100 yards aganist us in a very long time. in fact he averages 50.1 yards against us. take LT out and your done i dont care about brees,gates,mccardell LT out=you out

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeShadow
                and we havent allowed LT to rush for a 100 yards aganist us in a very long time. in fact he averages 50.1 yards against us. take LT out and your done i dont care about brees,gates,mccardell LT out=you out

Nice post! No really, have you watched any games this season?!? You really buy this? LOL cool, hope Shanarat thinks the same thing. We're 7 wins of the last 8 games with LT injured. He's almost 100 percent for the last two games but we've been winning games, nay dominating games, where he averages well under 100 yards per game.

Pay attention!

Broncos are getting owned on Sunday, period.

Comment

This is gonna be the closest game either will play in the regular season. At the start of the year I was Baileys biggest fan and ecstatic that we got him. But poor showings against Chad Johnson and Jerry Porter (for gods sake!) have damaged my confidence in Champ. He HAS TO bring his A game or Brees will have a big game. Denver does seem to have LT's number and we really are the best team in the league for stopping him so it'll come down to Brees and Champ and the Denver secondary. That'll decide who wins this one
                  Terrell Davis (to Mike Shannahan) at SBXXXII, "Coach I cant see," to which Mike replied, "We dont need you to see on this one, it's a bootleg for John but they wont believe it unless you're in there."

Comment

it'll come down to Brees and Champ and the Denver secondary. That'll decide who wins this one

I think you hit it on the head IrishBroncoFan although something tells me we better not underestimate LT. We cant allow him to get loose either. Our secondary will need to step up and have the game of a lifetime, a game as if we were facing Peyton and the colts. We have to get to the quarterback this game.
                    http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Comment

what

Originally posted by jdslick
                      Tomlinson is not having his usual dominating year. The Chargers seem to be more than just him this season. Go ahead and ignore everyone else and key on Tomlinson. You lose....

you have to key on LT. are you kidding me? every team that play the chargers always key on LT. he is thier best offensive weapon. if we start to lose because thier TE goes off then the defense will have to make changes but when you come into a game against the chargers the 1st key is stopping LT. denver's key is that thier offense has to get out to a early lead and take LT out of the offense and then concentrate on the pass defense better than they did last sunday. A player like LT can take over a game and make the passing game that much more efficient. he has to be stopped first then you slow down brees.
                      Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

(A) dont overlook the new LT....(B) dont count on Champ to do all the coverin////we could use the others in the secondary.....but most importantly dont let brees stand back and see all his targets...McCardell is a sneaky WR. And for the guy that started this thread....hats off to one of my fav QBs in the league there in GB.

Comment

I think Spragan has the speed to cover Gates. I say he stays on him like flies on **it. And maybe even double cover him with Lynch and Spragan, while Wilson and DJ blitz the hell out of Brees and tackling LT in the backfield as much as possible. McCardell is a sneaky WR, but he doesn't have the speed that he use to, so I can't see Champ really getting beat deep this game (or atleast I hope not).

Comment

I'm of the opinion that you need to go right at and attack players like Champ Bailey. So many times by shying away you're eliminating half the field or one of your big weapons. You need to make him make plays. The Bengals and Raiders did it and I think we should try it. Whether or not we're successful, remains to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by DanFouts
                              I'm of the opinion that you need to go right at and attack players like Champ Bailey. So many times by shying away you're eliminating half the field or one of your big weapons. You need to make him make plays. The Bengals and Raiders did it and I think we should try it. Whether or not we're successful, remains to be seen.
                              The thing is I play goalie in hockey and wen I dont get alot of shots I get rusty smae with Champ I think he needs more passes his way.

Comment

Working...
                              X