X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neither is Tamme

Comment

• The Falcons are a really good team, that was a nice showing. 4 turnovers in the 1st half? Not good, BUT we only lost by 6 to one of the best teams at Home and it was an outer conference game, so not a huge deal. The Broncos had the chances, but just didn't capitalize. Hopefully we get Harris back next week, but Carter played a decent game.

Lastly, these replacement refs have to go. This game was hard to watch because the refs didn't know what the hell they were calling. It was inconsistent, convoluted, and most of the time just a huge mess and it only slowed the game down.

For a MNF game that was just unacceptable.

Comment

• Haven't been here in a while but uh, are we still trashing Bey Bey? I recall all that talk about Decker being glued to Manning's hip in the off-season and the ensuing lovefest that promptly ensued here and how he was poised to have a huge year. Yet Demaryius has been the one consistently getting open and thus thrown to. His route running has improved by leaps and bounds from last year and his awareness and concentration was on full display tonight.

And let me be clear - I'm not trying to put DT on some pedestal over Decker. I think Decker will still have a good season once the offense begins to get into more of a rhythm, I just remember how unfair the opinions were that got thrown around about Demaryius i.e. all he does is run fast, he's just a big body, he still can't catch the ball, etc. etc. blah blah blah.

As far as the game goes, it was a tough loss but I think our defense played extremely well considering they had to work with a lot of short fields and we were down our primary nickel CB. Mike Adams is looking like a very solid FA signing. Champ is Champ, shut down his side of the field and was spectacular against the run. Despite the fact that they mustered zero pass rush for the vast majority of the game they still managed to play stout and limit the number of points this "explosive" Atlanta offense showed they could put up last week.

This game was lost in the first quarter. Turnovers kill. The Falcons DBs did a good job of disguising their coverages and that led to Peyton forcing some throws into places he shouldn't have. Penalties were also big momentum killers, we need Kuper back in the worst way. I think there were certain series we should have run the ball more because McGahee was pretty much having his way out there on those draws out of the shotgun.

Just have to look forward to next week and the Houston Texans.

Comment

• Originally posted by aditheman View Post
          This game showed us tonight that we have a very solid defense. Also, we clearly let this one slip away, should have won it. Manning is to blame tonight, 3 INT's inexcusable for a guy we're paying soooo much. Also, Moreno with another fumble, sigh. Why do I keep wearing his jersey?
          He's not a chronic fumbler. Players make mistakes. McGahee had a fumble at a critical time and we went right back to him. KnowMo had a nice play to get us in position for the other touchdown.

Manning will get better too. It's only his second game and he fought till the end just like everyone else.

Comment

• Manning should go to DT more he was open all day especially in the 3 picks...
            sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• Rushing 118 67
              Passing 218 208

Hard to believe we out produced them but that's why turnovers are so powerful
              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddie Black View Post
                Haven't been here in a while but uh, are we still trashing Bey Bey? I recall all that talk about Decker being glued to Manning's hip in the off-season and the ensuing lovefest that promptly ensued here and how he was poised to have a huge year. Yet Demaryius has been the one consistently getting open and thus thrown to. His route running has improved by leaps and bounds from last year and his awareness and concentration was on full display tonight.

And let me be clear - I'm not trying to put DT on some pedestal over Decker. I think Decker will still have a good season once the offense begins to get into more of a rhythm, I just remember how unfair the opinions were that got thrown around about Demaryius i.e. all he does is run fast, he's just a big body, he still can't catch the ball, etc. etc. blah blah blah.

As far as the game goes, it was a tough loss but I think our defense played extremely well considering they had to work with a lot of short fields and we were down our primary nickel CB. Mike Adams is looking like a very solid FA signing. Champ is Champ, shut down his side of the field and was spectacular against the run. Despite the fact that they mustered zero pass rush for the vast majority of the game they still managed to play stout and limit the number of points this "explosive" Atlanta offense showed they could put up last week.

This game was lost in the first quarter. Turnovers kill. The Falcons DBs did a good job of disguising their coverages and that led to Peyton forcing some throws into places he shouldn't have. Penalties were also big momentum killers, we need Kuper back in the worst way. I think there were certain series we should have run the ball more because McGahee was pretty much having his way out there on those draws out of the shotgun.

Just have to look forward to next week and the Houston Texans.
                Very well said. Peyton Manning is acknowledging that same exact thing in his press conference right now that Atlanta did a good job on him in the 1st quarter and that its all on him. I do agree that the defense is really showing something and need to keep working on getting off the field. They have a tough test ahead of them with Houston, but I think we can game plan to stop Foster and put Champ on AJ. Should be a great home game.
                We are going with Plan A

Comment

• Jeez guys, yes Peyton contributed greatly to this loss with that horrible 1st quarter but if some how you thought you were going undefeated this year then you were living in a dream world. This was the guys first away game and just his second game in almost 2 years so you have to think he was a little jittery plus the Falcons were pumped up for this game. All will be fine and they should get back on track against Houston next week at home. Peyton proved that he is human as much as some would like to think he is a God Like he is not. All Great QBs have off days. It is when the off games become the rule rather than the exception when you need to be concerned. Still plenty of season to go yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                    Game over. Manning killed us in the first quarter. Not sure what he was doing and Moreno once again hurt us as well
                    We knew that there will be some gwoing pain. Not only the INT's but some other snaps showed that there are still some understanding issues in the O. There was for example a running play when Manning expected to had over the ball to McGahee, but he didn't start to run (Manning had to lay down). I bet some of the INT's to came from a miscommunicated route, etc.

Anyway, we should look at what was good, and contentrate on fixing the problems. I think the defense looked good tonight, we can build on it. And once the O woke up from the shock, they moved the ball quite well in the 2nd half. We put some 60 yards more on the table than the Falcons, and our drive resulted TD-s, so we can still put up point on the board. Btw, games like this usually ended up as blow-outs in the past few years. This time we at least fighted back, and had a slight shot to win the game at the end. I take that a good sign too.

Comment

• Highlight of the game

sigpic
                      2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                      2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                      BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

• Originally posted by MAXFLI1010 View Post
                        how disapointing. way to lay an egg denver. best be A LOT better before houston. HUGE HUGE HUGE game coming up. Dare I say "season maker or breaker'??? yes, it is A MUST WIN.
                        Week 3 is never a 'must win' unless you're 0-2 IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                          Highlight of the game

Still trying to understand where he found that celebration lol

Maybe Bernard Pollard on the hard knocks episode ?
                          sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                            Still trying to understand where he found that celebration lol

Maybe Bernard Pollard on the hard knocks episode ?
                            Maybe from this commercial lol

sigpic
                            2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                            2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                            BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

• I'm going to go into prognostication mode and say that both Caldwell and Hillman will be activated against Houston. Call me crazy.
                              sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

• Von Miller is a stud. That is my comment for tonight's game.

Comment

Working...
                                X