X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canadiansbronco
    replied
    Manning should go to DT more he was open all day especially in the 3 picks...

Leave a comment:

• theMileHighGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by aditheman View Post
    This game showed us tonight that we have a very solid defense. Also, we clearly let this one slip away, should have won it. Manning is to blame tonight, 3 INT's inexcusable for a guy we're paying soooo much. Also, Moreno with another fumble, sigh. Why do I keep wearing his jersey?
    He's not a chronic fumbler. Players make mistakes. McGahee had a fumble at a critical time and we went right back to him. KnowMo had a nice play to get us in position for the other touchdown.

Manning will get better too. It's only his second game and he fought till the end just like everyone else.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Black
    replied
    Haven't been here in a while but uh, are we still trashing Bey Bey? I recall all that talk about Decker being glued to Manning's hip in the off-season and the ensuing lovefest that promptly ensued here and how he was poised to have a huge year. Yet Demaryius has been the one consistently getting open and thus thrown to. His route running has improved by leaps and bounds from last year and his awareness and concentration was on full display tonight.

And let me be clear - I'm not trying to put DT on some pedestal over Decker. I think Decker will still have a good season once the offense begins to get into more of a rhythm, I just remember how unfair the opinions were that got thrown around about Demaryius i.e. all he does is run fast, he's just a big body, he still can't catch the ball, etc. etc. blah blah blah.

As far as the game goes, it was a tough loss but I think our defense played extremely well considering they had to work with a lot of short fields and we were down our primary nickel CB. Mike Adams is looking like a very solid FA signing. Champ is Champ, shut down his side of the field and was spectacular against the run. Despite the fact that they mustered zero pass rush for the vast majority of the game they still managed to play stout and limit the number of points this "explosive" Atlanta offense showed they could put up last week.

This game was lost in the first quarter. Turnovers kill. The Falcons DBs did a good job of disguising their coverages and that led to Peyton forcing some throws into places he shouldn't have. Penalties were also big momentum killers, we need Kuper back in the worst way. I think there were certain series we should have run the ball more because McGahee was pretty much having his way out there on those draws out of the shotgun.

Just have to look forward to next week and the Houston Texans.

Leave a comment:

• Amari24
    replied
    The Falcons are a really good team, that was a nice showing. 4 turnovers in the 1st half? Not good, BUT we only lost by 6 to one of the best teams at Home and it was an outer conference game, so not a huge deal. The Broncos had the chances, but just didn't capitalize. Hopefully we get Harris back next week, but Carter played a decent game.

Lastly, these replacement refs have to go. This game was hard to watch because the refs didn't know what the hell they were calling. It was inconsistent, convoluted, and most of the time just a huge mess and it only slowed the game down.

For a MNF game that was just unacceptable.

Leave a comment:

• VADER72
    replied
    neither is Tamme

Leave a comment:

• aditheman
    replied
    This game showed us tonight that we have a very solid defense. Also, we clearly let this one slip away, should have won it. Manning is to blame tonight, 3 INT's inexcusable for a guy we're paying soooo much. Also, Moreno with another fumble, sigh. Why do I keep wearing his jersey?

Leave a comment:

• JJBroncoFan
    replied
    Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    They were burning clock with the lead.
    I don't think it's getting across brother, I think he is frustrated, rightfully. They were playing to win, everybody saw it.

Leave a comment:

• Spitfire Riggz
    replied
    Damn that one hurt. A positive we can take away from that game is after FOUR turnovers to NONE for the Broncos, we still somehow lost by only 6 points..

Leave a comment:

• JJBroncoFan
    replied
    Originally posted by NYColt View Post
    Well, in fairness more than one analyst and former NFL player said that Decker really should've caught that pass
    I absolutely agree, which I also did last year with Tebow. My point is many a poster put sole responsibility on tebow for being a poor thrower, which is obviously not the case. That very play looked much like last year, poor effort on deep balls. Just pointing out that nobody is calling them out, and the motive is pretty obvious.

Leave a comment:

• theMileHighGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
    No they weren't. They were mixing up play calls for 3 quarters then in the 4th they went to run run pass punt. Did you even watch the game?
    They were burning clock with the lead.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_Rob
    replied
    Originally posted by charlespdk View Post
    I vehemently disagree. I think they played the same offensive style all throughout the game. They saw the Broncos getting it together and needed to score some more TDs but couldn't. What makes you say they took the foot off the gas? They were doing run, run, pass from the very beginning.
    No they weren't. They were mixing up play calls for 3 quarters then in the 4th they went to run run pass punt. Did you even watch the game?

Leave a comment:

• Turf Nazi
    replied
    Originally posted by charlespdk View Post
    I vehemently disagree. I think they played the same offensive style all throughout the game. They saw the Broncos getting it together and needed to score some more TDs but couldn't. What makes you say they took the foot off the gas? They were doing run, run, pass from the very beginning.
    I agree. Atlanta did not take their foot off the gas. These are professionals here (other than the refs), Denver made some obvious adjustments in their defensive package. They put Porter on Gonzalez and he didn't have a catch after that.

Leave a comment:

• JerseyAdam
    replied
    Originally posted by MAXFLI1010 View Post
    if we want the #1 seed it is. THINK ABOUT IT
    lol #1 seed doesn't = "must win" THINK ABOUT IT

plus you are assuming they will be the #1 seed. things change and happen, we are going into...week...3...

Leave a comment:

• JJBroncoFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
    Nevermind the fact that the falcons took their foot off the gas. game wasnt near as close as the score
    How you figure? Their d was still very aggressive and they were continuing to try to create confusion. Manning just figured it out. The offense went to more of a clock burning o but that's expected when you're up by 3 tds. Very normal game plan, we fought back and came up short, that's it.

Leave a comment:

• nic.zeman24
    replied
    Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
    They didn't. The Broncos adjusted on both sides of the ball.
    I know I was addressing a poster who said they did

Leave a comment:

Working...
X