Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Game Day Thread: Week 6: 2012 Broncos vs Chargers.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread: Week 6: 2012 Broncos vs Chargers.

Welcome to week 6.

I figured I would get this started at the normal time even though we don't play until Monday Night.

Many figured we would have a rough stretch at the beginning of the season. It appears they were right.
    We sport a 2 and 3 record. In the 3 losses we dug ourselves into a big hole early in the games and had to mount rallys. In those same games the defense started to come around, but always a bit too late.
    We had a chance last week. DT fumbles away the ball for the 3rd week in a row. Magahee cant make a 4th and one catch and fumbled in the red zone. Why a running play was called when we had the passing game going and time was a concern, I can't figure out. We've taken our share of licks in the first half of the season, but we have a chance to try and turn it around before the bye week. I'd rather has us be 3-3 than 2-4.

Over the last 17 years we sport a record of 13-4 in week 6 games. Of the 13 wins 6 were at home, 7 were away. Of the 4 losses 3 were at home and 1 was away. Otherwise stated we went 7-1 in away games over time.

So Monday night we face the Chargers again. Who routinely are picked to win the west, yet somehow manage to fall short, and the years they did win, they couldn't make it to the big one.
    We have 2 of the last 6 games vs San Diego. The Chargers played it close with the Saints last week, beat the Chiefs in week 4 and were totally humiliated in week 3 by Atlanta.

So who know which team we will get, on the flip side who knows what Denver D will be out there, the one with no run defense, the one where Dumerville is just a name in the game day program, the one where we get beat routinely by the deep ball? It is hard watching this D. It isn't all on Doom and Joe Mays we have a lot of gaps being exploited. Manning has been giving it his all and has fought to keep us in the game. If your open he will get you the ball, so I love the direction were trying to head in.

We're supposed to get better as the season goes on, the offense has months now to get used to Peyton so I would love to see them become more potent. You can't always get buy with a bunch of bubble screens. It is frustrating watching a team with so much potential falling short in games they can win. Hopefully Monday night they get it done and come out of the buy a cohesive beast.

Win or lose we ask all members to follow the rules of the COC and be mindful of what you post. If you see something amiss please report it so the Mod staff on duty can respond. Let's hope for a great game with no injuries.

As always no matter what the final score is GO BRONCOS!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Go Broncos!

Crush the Chuggers!
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Go Broncos!!!

sigpic
      2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
      2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
      BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

I'm sitting here wondering if I should move last week's thread and I see this one. Thanks for making my decision.

I can't wait until Monday!

Go Broncos!!!!
        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Go broncos.....I'll be cheering for ya from the mountains!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
            I'm sitting here wondering if I should move last week's thread and I see this one. Thanks for making my decision.

I can't wait until Monday!

Go Broncos!!!!
            Thanks Peanut I figured it was just as easy to stick to my routine of Saturdays at Midnight rather than wait til Sunday night and risk not getting it out there
            The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Comment

Let's got BRONCOS!!! It's time to take 1st place in the division!!! Bronco Gang, where's your flags!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Have to win this game. Win and the playoffs are pretty much a lock as our schedule really lightens up.

I betting Phillip is put on the ground a lot in this game.

Comment

We will break them

Comment

Are you ready for some footballllllllllll?

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

--- Go Broncos !!! ---

--- STOMP THE doltz !!! ---

GO "D" --- SACK rivers !!!

Please, no injuries !

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

It looks like the Raiders and the Chiefs are going to lose today...
                        I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

I don't believe in Dez Bryant. After what I've seen t his season, Dem Thomas all the way baby

Also - the Pats looks awesome today again - which is somewhat encouraging
                          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Who saw this hit on Welker? Ouch.

Last edited by MarkB; 10-14-2012, 02:23 PM.
                            sigpic
                            2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                            2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                            BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

Good god,I hate the patriots
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X