This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread: Week 10: 2012 Broncos vs Panthers

Greeting Bronco fans, fanatics and maniacs!

Welcome to yet another game day thread. Here we are the winners of 3 in a row sitting at 5-3 at the top of the AFC west. That doesn't mean we have anything in the bag yet, but if the team plays up to the potential it has, good things should be in our future. Each week can't be perfect. The Broncos let the Bengals back in the game last week. We had one great special teams play for a TD, only to later mess up with the ball at the 1 yard line. Peyton had an Int in the End zone and a second deep in our own territory. We rallied, but we should have not had to. Also AJ Green completed more receptions against Champ than he should have. What does it all mean, it means we are beatable. especially if we help the other team out. Our schedule ahead of us shouldn't be to hard, but that does not mean we don't need to play our best ball week to week. We are not just trying for playoffs, we need to try for a bye week.

Texans have a 2 game lead and tie breaker over us, we have yet to face the Ravens who have a one game lead on us. Colts are 6-3 but I think they will stumble some. At 5-3 we are tied with NE & Pitt. We beat Pitt but lost to NE. So each week is a must win unless we want to play on Wildcard week and than travel, rather than have a week off and host a game. This is all future speculation, we need to win this week first.

So tracking 17 years of records - going into the 9th game of a season we have a 14-3 record.
    Of the 14 wins 6 were at home & 8 on the road. and of 3 losses. 2 were at home 1 was on the road. Otherwise stated, we went 8-1 on the road over the last 17 years.

Our opponent is John Fox's old team the Carolina Panthers. The Panther's are struggling this year. They won last week against RGIII and I am sure they would like to have Cam Newton upset the the Broncos day. last time we played them was in 2008 an away game that we lost. Carolina has the 1Oth ranked defense, but VON MILLERS 9 sacks this year is something they will have to be aware of. I expect their dual running backs of Stewart & Williams will try to test us.

Hopefully we get a good game that ends up with another Denver Win. I don't like the idea of another road game esp against a team that doesn't have much to lose at this point. It can make them unpredictable. We got the Sheriff though, and I'll take our chances with him though. :thumb:

Win, lose or draw let;s hope we have an injury free game.
    As always please watch what you post, follow the COC and report and violations to the Modstaff so they can be addressed.

As always Go Broncos! We believe!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Gooooooooo BRONCOS!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Go Broncos!!!!!
        sigpic
        2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
        2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
        BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
          Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
          Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
          Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
          I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Go Broncos! I'm ready to watch the epic show down between the greatest team of all time and the broncos. This could be an early super bowl match preview! Wait what? The panthers are only 2-6? Ok then, lets take care of business get that win and improve to 6-3.

Comment

--- Go Broncos !!! ---

--- STOMP THE kitties !!! ---

GO "D" --- SACK newton (and smith too) !!!

Please, no injuries !

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
              The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
              http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
              My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by msusc View Post
                  Go Broncos! I'm ready to watch the epic show down between the greatest team of all time and the broncos. This could be an early super bowl match preview! Wait what? The panthers are only 2-6? Ok then, lets take care of business get that win and improve to 6-3.
                  that's what their fans would have you believe...
                  Last edited by Frenchy180; 11-10-2012, 08:47 PM.
                  :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                  Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Part of me can't help but picture Admiral Ackbar yelling to the Broncos, "It's a Trap!"

I hope we put them away early.
                    The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                      that's what their fans would have you believe...
                      They do have a point. Cam Newton is the second coming of John Elway, Steve Young, Joe Montana and Brett Farve all in one qb. And he's got such great leadership skills. We only have Peyton Manning to take on all of Cam's greatness. Its clear we don't stand a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by msusc View Post
                        They do have a point. Cam Newton is the second coming of John Elway, Steve Young, Joe Montana and Brett Farve all in one qb. And he's got such great leadership skills. We only have Peyton Manning to take on all of Cam's greatness. Its clear we don't stand a chance.
                        I know... I have no clue how our defense that allowed a whopping 213 yards to Drew Brees (who dat???) is going to hold the mighty Cam Newton under 500 yards tomorrow.
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                        Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Can't miss this game! The Broncos can't lose this game!

Peyton Manning certainly remembers this obnoxious man from the negotiations during the lockout:

Revenge game!!

The Panthers are a classless organization with an arrogant owner and I want to see John Fox smiling at the end.

This one's for John... Fox!
                          sigpic

Comment

Go Broncos lets see lots of this:

sigpic

Comment

Im a temporary Broncos fan this weekend. I hate the panties and would love to see them get beat down by the coach they ran out of town. Funniest part is if Denver spanks them (which is entirely possible due to the difference in talent all around) it could lead to the firing of the dud they replaced Fox with at the end of the season.

Also, nothing is better than watching the NFL's most delusional fanbase meltdown on their forum after a loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X