This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game day thread: Week 16 2004 Broncos vs Titans

I wanted to post one of these and considering it is still 6:00 AM here(Got up at 3:00 to cook something for my wife ) not a better time to post it.

BTW Merry Christmas
    "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Merry Christmas, what did you cook BTW?

Comment

Pryce might play today!!

I read this on the Broncos homepage. He might play a limited role.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
      2. Taxes
      3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

its prolly to little to late this year for pyrce to help us....hopefully next year he'll be fully healthy and we get some help for him on the d-line...a big DT or another pass rusher would do wonders for us...

Comment

I just wanted to post my thoughts on this game and in fact the entire season. I have been a fan of Denver since I watched "The Drive" on a small 13 inch Black and White set many years ago. And after veiwing this team for so long you learn to recognize a teams personality and basically can sum up the feeling of alot of fans whether they will admit their true feelings or not. I dont have a problem with stating my disappointment of the Broncos this year and here it goes. Beginning with their first loss (Im not gonna recap them all...lol) I saw the reason for their demise now, in retrospect, and that is to say with the exception of a couple, Denver beat Denver in their losses this season. I know alot of you are saying "you're speakin as if this season is over" and unfortunately it is. Does it matter if Denver beats the Titans....not really, why embarrass yourself in the playoffs providing they can still make it. And many say football is a team sport, I agree, but individuals can certainly make the difference. Jake Plummer has almost certainly blew this season for the broncs single handedly!! Admit it folks he aint working. in the last couple or few losses what is it 8 INTs to 1 TD? And I remember a few being in the redzone in VERY winnable games. RBs, hold on!! Defense? I think numbers can be deceiving. It was said the broncos offense and defense were in the top 5 a couple of weeks ago? I find that hard to beleive. On that note how does the entities determine pro bowl play? While Ill still congradulate them I didnt see it in Lynch or Bailey. after 8 games I would have never guessed we'd be having THIS conversastion and Ill be damned...where did it fall apart? Can YOU put a finger on it? other defenses can. TO's killed all hopes. For the rest of this thread Instead of flaming others veiws which is probably coming.....tell me what youd do differently to keep from losing games....and after all is said or done, sum it up and the end of the thread and youll be suprised at how many agree with me and dont even know it. Merry Christmas to all and enjoy the game tonight and yes I mean this...GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JoviBronco
            Merry Christmas, what did you cook BTW?
            Dessert.
            "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Originally posted by jjbadd
              I just wanted to post my thoughts on this game and in fact the entire season. I have been a fan of Denver since I watched "The Drive" on a small 13 inch Black and White set many years ago. And after veiwing this team for so long you learn to recognize a teams personality and basically can sum up the feeling of alot of fans whether they will admit their true feelings or not. I dont have a problem with stating my disappointment of the Broncos this year and here it goes. Beginning with their first loss (Im not gonna recap them all...lol) I saw the reason for their demise now, in retrospect, and that is to say with the exception of a couple, Denver beat Denver in their losses this season. I know alot of you are saying "you're speakin as if this season is over" and unfortunately it is. Does it matter if Denver beats the Titans....not really, why embarrass yourself in the playoffs providing they can still make it. And many say football is a team sport, I agree, but individuals can certainly make the difference. Jake Plummer has almost certainly blew this season for the broncs single handedly!! Admit it folks he aint working. in the last couple or few losses what is it 8 INTs to 1 TD? And I remember a few being in the redzone in VERY winnable games. RBs, hold on!! Defense? I think numbers can be deceiving. It was said the broncos offense and defense were in the top 5 a couple of weeks ago? I find that hard to beleive. On that note how does the entities determine pro bowl play? While Ill still congradulate them I didnt see it in Lynch or Bailey. after 8 games I would have never guessed we'd be having THIS conversastion and Ill be damned...where did it fall apart? Can YOU put a finger on it? other defenses can. TO's killed all hopes. For the rest of this thread Instead of flaming others veiws which is probably coming.....tell me what youd do differently to keep from losing games....and after all is said or done, sum it up and the end of the thread and youll be suprised at how many agree with me and dont even know it. Merry Christmas to all and enjoy the game tonight and yes I mean this...GO BRONCOS!!!
              Let me address the highlighted area above.

You forgot about the two other TD's that Jake threw, the one to tater in the ENDZONE that he flat assed dropped wide open not a defender within 2 yards of him. Hit him in the hands and could not hold on to it.

Then the other one was the screen pass tater 11 minues to go in the KC game, this time tater caught it and ran like a wizard, was caught from behind and stripped of the ball on about the 5 yard line.

Now I realize that that would have made it only 3 TD’s and 8 Interceptions, but if memory serves correct a couple-three of those Interceptions were off the hands of his OWN receivers.

Do not blame the season on Jake.
              It takes two to complete a pass.
              It takes decent field position to win games.
              It takes stopping RUNBACKS for TD’s.
              It takes a pass a rush that puts some kind of pressure on the QB to make him throw the ball before he grows a beard.
              Our pass rush is so pathetic that they time it with an hourglass.
              It takes a team to show up for a game and play like they want to win.

Jake is one of the only ones that tried to win that game on Sunday against the chefs.

Comment

At this point, I am not lookingto blame anyone, the season is what it is. I am not thinking playoffs, all I am thinking is that I want a good game in Nashville tonight and I want the Broncos to walk away with the Win!!!
                The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

bronco30 its prolly to little to late this year for pyrce to help us....hopefully next year he'll be fully healthy and we get some help for him on the d-line...a big DT or another pass rusher would do wonders for us...

AMEN to that

Comment

Why was this moved? It belongs in the General Discussions section where it was originally put. It has to do with the game today.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                    2. Taxes
                    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
                      At this point, I am not lookingto blame anyone, the season is what it is. I am not thinking playoffs, all I am thinking is that I want a good game in Nashville tonight and I want the Broncos to walk away with the Win!!!

i agree i wanna see if were going to "mail it in" or show some heart n play hard flyin to ball, running hard etc...

Comment

lets go offense big drive here

Comment

nice run ruben that a boy

Comment

I love TiVo...I can rewind that play.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                            2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

does anyone know jakes QB rating?..........158.3?......i think so

Comment

Working...
                              X