This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RobertR View Post
    No pity for them from me. I remember all too well the days when they had no compunction about hanging 40 - 50+ points on Denver. These are good times for all of us who grew up hating them.
    I have to agree. I watched the Raiders of ole dominate us so beating them badly doesn't hurt my feelings at all.
    sigpic
    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

• Is it just me or should Peyton be "eased" into road games to settle down his jitters?

Let's be brutally honest: He gets them, and if he's unsettled his game noticeably suffers. And if he has a bad day, we all have a bad day.

What you do when you're bringing a backup QB into a game or a QB who's had a lot of incompletions is you give them some simpler throws like a slant, a screen, a checkdown or med range button hook. I noticed once he gets a feel on some easier completions, Peyton gets into a good rhythm with his longer stuff.

Comment

• once again way to many penalties 12-95yds we must stop this crap every o-lineman had 1 except clady...

Comment

• Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
          I have to agree. I watched the Raiders of ole dominate us so beating them badly doesn't hurt my feelings at all.
          Love that gif LOL.

Comment

• sigpic
            2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
            2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
            BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

• Originally posted by RobertR View Post
              No pity for them from me. I remember all too well the days when they had no compunction about hanging 40 - 50+ points on Denver. These are good times for all of us who grew up hating them.
              When I start to feel bad I remember Tom Cable running up the score in 2010 to the tune of 59-14. To heck with 'em.

Comment

• Manning had a bad game right up until that busted play where he dropped the ball off to Anderson for a 51 yard TD. There is no denying that. He was missing throws and threw an INT on his 2nd pass. The other pick wasn't his fault though. It happens to every QB. None of them are perfect. Look what Drew Brees did at the end of their loss today. Great players make bad decisions sometimes.

The last few times that Manning has started off bad it just kept snowballing from bad to worse. But not today. Today he was able to right the ship and the Broncos offense came roaring back to crush the Raiders in basically 2 quarters. That was impressive and I'm thrilled the game went down like it did because it proved that the team can still overcome some early adversity and get it done. That is something they haven't done in quiet a while. I know, it was against the Raiders and all of that, but that Raiders team has hung in there with some good teams this year and our defense basically shut them down the entire game until garbage time. That was tremendous today.

Anyway, no sane fan is calling for Manning to be benched but it is frustrating when things aren't going right and emotional people's mouths sometimes get ahead of their brains. Going to be a tough game next week in St Louis.

Comment

• We dominated the Raiders.

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtDiver View Post
                    Manning had a bad game right up until that busted play where he dropped the ball off to Anderson for a 51 yard TD. There is no denying that. He was missing throws and threw an INT on his 2nd pass. The other pick wasn't his fault though. It happens to every QB. None of them are perfect. Look what Drew Brees did at the end of their loss today. Great players make bad decisions sometimes.

The last few times that Manning has started off bad it just kept snowballing from bad to worse. But not today. Today he was able to right the ship and the Broncos offense came roaring back to crush the Raiders in basically 2 quarters. That was impressive and I'm thrilled the game went down like it did because it proved that the team can still overcome some early adversity and get it done. That is something they haven't done in quiet a while. I know, it was against the Raiders and all of that, but that Raiders team has hung in there with some good teams this year and our defense basically shut them down the entire game until garbage time. That was tremendous today.

Anyway, no sane fan is calling for Manning to be benched but it is frustrating when things aren't going right and emotional people's mouths sometimes get ahead of their brains. Going to be a tough game next week in St Louis.
                    It's not the bad start that mattered, it's how the team responded to the bad start

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                      It's not the bad start that mattered, it's how the team responded to the bad start
                      Also, no one in his right mind evaluates a player based on a single quarter of play. Manning had 5 TD passes in two quarters of play after the bad first quarter. That's superb quarterback play by ANY standard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cnon View Post
                        We dominated the Raiders.
                        Thats the bottom line. Congrats on a Raider BASHING guys:thumb:

Comment

• It was nice to win but its very concerning that the same issues we have had all season still show up. Lack of discipline, stupid penalties, questionable throws that lead to interceptions, iffy special teams, dropped passes, slow start, predictable play calling. If we had played a real team, we might have in trouble today. I hope we can somehow get these issues fixed but from what I've seen they are here to stay. On to the Rams
                          sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Working...
                          X