X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread: Week 13: 2014 The Broncos vs the Chiefs

Greetings to Week 13 Bronco Fans.

We are coming off a tough Win vs Miami. First half we played awful, missed a FG, Muffed punt and some Peyton overthrows . D though got angry and started balling that game. We had to score 22 points in the 4th quarter, but we did what we had to and got the "W"

Now we have a much harder task, to win in Arrowhead in a primetime. KC will be fired up trying to defeat a division rival at home, to make a push for 1st place in the West and to win it for Eric Berry.
    While I admire the team rallying to support him, it doesn't mean I want to see them Win.

We beat the Chiefs last year in our 12th game match up (35-28) , so we can do it again. Of course Peyton threw 4 TD to Decker last year in that epic match. We also needed Mike Adams to bat the ball away on 4th down in the end zone as KC was driving to seal the victory.

So how do we do in week 12 matchups? Well in the last 10 years we went 5-5, Winning 4 times on the road and 1 at home. Of the 5 losses - 4 were away and 1 was at home.
    So Basically the NFL has sent us on the road 8 out 10 times in Week 13 of the season, once to Oak, once to SD and this will be the 5th time since 2005 they have sent us to KC this same week.

Last week the run game was much better with 201 yards last week on 35 attempts, but it was frustrating to see early on when we were doing to almost try and prove a point at the cost of not passing and risk losing the game. Luckily that did not happen. Sanders made some great catches, Welker got a TD and DT was productive as usual. Julius was sideline, but Virgil Greens blocking was much needed.

The shuffled O-line needs to protect better, it seems like if it in not Franklin having issues it has been Vasquez and Ramirez. KC has some great pass rushers.

Run D needs to step up this game Charles is one of the best and KC is 6-0 when he scores a TD. KC loves ball control, they tried to keep us off the field in the second half of our week 2 matchup and almost won the game. Our pass rush needs to step up as well, the sacks seem to be falling off.
    A win games us a 2 game lead and he tie breaker over KC with 4 games to go. KCs receivers are more there to be run blockers for Charles than to make big plays downfield. KC passes for less than 200 yards and game, Denver over 310. Denver only rushed for 100 yards a game, KC 137 a game.
    Alex Smith has hit TE KEcle for 4 TDs this year, Anthony Fasano for 3 and Charles for 3. Charles also has 8 rushing TD to Kniles Davis 5.

Going to be a great game, hopefully Green Bay put a beating on NE earlier.

As always please watch watch what you post. The Mods do a great job here, but would like to watch the game as well, so please watch what you post, respect others, follow the COC and report any violations.

PS - Thankfully McManus is gone, lets see if Barth does any better.

Mod edit: PPS - Don't forget while you're posting in this thread, you can also join us in the chat room HERE

Good luck as always and GO BRONCOS!
    Last edited by RunYouOver; 11-30-2014, 04:31 PM.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Broncos GOOOOO!!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Go Broncos!!!!!!
      sigpic
      2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
      2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
      BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

Broncos Win !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
        The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
        http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
        My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Broncos Win !!!

Of course! GO BRONCOS!!!
          sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen sit back and enjoy the ride!!!
            sigpic
            The Bronco fan pledge;
            I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
            I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
            I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
            I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
            Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

hopefully after tonight we are in firm control of the division esp. if ravens beat SD will have 2 game lead w/ 4 games left...

we must contain Charles in both the run n pass game n not their TE kelce go crazy on us either...need to be real good on 3rd on both sides of the ball...

Comment

I like the number 13 - so meeting the Chiefs in this week can only be a good thing! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

I hope our defense gets back to playing like they were in the first half of the season. Actually I hope our entire team plays like they were in the games against SD, ARI, SF and MIA. It seems like ever since the loss to NE, we've gone into sputtering mode. Come on guys, get back to playing some great football.
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

We need to have all our i's dotted and t's crossed today, GO DENVER!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
                      We need to have all our i's dotted and t's crossed today, GO DENVER!!!!
                      Sounds like we're signing contracts!
                      Ah, can this game determine future contracts you ask?

Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

How about we start off fast today?

Please!!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                        Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                        Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                        Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                        I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
                          How about we start off fast today?

Please!!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!
                          What? No love for the 4th quarter come from behind heart-stopping, insanity-provoking, gray hair-inducing brand of football known as the Denver Broncos?
                          sigpic

Comment

Just 2 weeks a season I root against Denver, and this happens to be one of them. With that said, heres hoping for a good game with NO INJURIES for either team

Comment

A Bronco win would finish off a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend ! Go Broncos!!

Comment

Working...
                              X