X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread: Week 14: 2014 The Bills vs The Broncos

Welcome Broncomanics,

Here we are week 14, a one game lead over SD and a 3 game lead over KC with 4 to go. We are in a tie with NE for the best record but they own the head to head, so we need to keep winning and hope for some luck on the way. Speaking of luck, I have not seen so many balls bounce our way than they did in the KC game, normally we are on the opposite end of that, so It was nice to see.

This week we face the 7-5 Buffalo Bills. In the last 20 years we played the bills 7 times, 3 at home and 4 away. We've won 5 of those 7. Losing last 2 times. The last time we faced them was in week 16 of 2011. Tebow had replaced Kyle Orton a few weeks earlier but could not get his magic going and we lost. The following week we lost to KC in the final week, and their QB at the time had been the recently jettisoned Orton the unwanted. Now as the footballs powers would have it we get to face Orton again.

How do we do in our 13th game of the season, Well we are 7-3 over the last decade. Six of the seven wins came at home. Of the three losses all were on the road.

Since the St. Louis game we changed our offensive mind some. We ran over 300 yards the last 2 weeks with CJ gets +160 both weeks. The O-line is staring to look better. The Defense has seemed to catch fire since the 2nd half of the Miami game and I expect that to continue.

Since starting for Buffalo Orton passed 2000 yards with 13 TD and 5 Ints, Sammy Watkins has proven to be a great receiver for them. Manning isn't too shabby either. We have the 2nd most passing yards this season, DT has the 2nd most receiver yards, Sanders has the 4th.

In the last 4 weeks CJ has led the NFL in rushing yards and yards from scrimmage. We will need to continue to use him as Buffalo loves to rush the passer. In fact they have 3 of the top 10 sackers in the league with Mario Williams, Marcell Darius and Jerry Hughes . Denver has two top 10 sackers with Von Miller 11.5 sacks and Ware 8 sacks.

We seem to be making the changes at the right time, as it gets colder you want to have a good run game and a strong D. It looks like after a stumble we are getting there.

I hope for a good game, that no one gets hurt and we end the day with a "W"
    Win , Lose or Draw as always please follow the COC watch what you post and report any violations to the mod staff here.

As always GO BRONCOS!!!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Go Broncos!!!!!!
    HE>i

Comment

Broncos GOOOOOO!!!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

WooohooO!!!!!
        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
        sigpic

Comment

BLAM! BLAM!
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Awesome intro Elway....

Cheers to a great game with a W for the good guys in orange & blue !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I am modding here tomorrow, and drinking...sooo any negativity I am banning everyone... fair warning!

I am enjoying my first full day of football this season and no negativity is welcome!!
            sigpic

Comment

Um and as always......

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!

Cp for a great post..
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                Awesome intro Elway.... !
                Thanks Eddie, hopefully the team does well and makes it an easy modding day, I know what it like when it goes the other way.
                The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Go Broncos!!!!!!
                  sigpic
                  2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                  2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                  BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

Can't wait for the first time Orton goes into fetal position at sight of Miller and Ware.

also, I really want to hear a Tebow chant when Orton is on the field.

Comment

Broncos Win !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Go Broncos! Smack Orton around!
                        sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                        Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Their defense is the test we need!

Comment

Stickied this bad boy because EM was lazy

can't wait for the game tomorrow!!

Comment

There is no way we lose to the Bills led by the Fainting Goat.

GO BRONCOS!!!
                              sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Working...
                              X