X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won it with Tebow and Orton sooo.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
      When was the last time Manning (or Denver, for that matter) went into Foxborough with suddenly the most effective ground game in the league, and what will likely be a top 3 defense? Belichick isn't going to get to game plan for a 1-dimensional team (against whom he's 1-2 against in the playoffs, mind you).

They aren't unbeatable, and I'll take Denver against anyone in the NFC. That includes Seattle. Like New England, Seattle didn't play this version of Denver.

The wild card here in this is Manning may be healthy and relatively fresh by then. What in the world is a defense supposed to plan for? The defense is stopping everything right now and forcing turnovers. How many times can you give the ball back to Denver and not pay for it?

The Red Zone offense has declined lately, but that's a direct result of Manning doing less, as well as the absence of Julius Thomas. I have a feeling we'll see something special the next two weeks.
      Well said.

Comment

The Red Zone offense has declined lately, but that's a direct result of Manning doing less, as well as the absence of Julius Thomas. I have a feeling we'll see something special the next two weeks.
        I'm hoping that "something special" rolls out when playoff time comes around. I'm loving the way the team has been battling through and finding a way to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by southern cross View Post
          I'm hoping that "something special" rolls out when playoff time comes around. I'm loving the way the team has been battling through and finding a way to win.
          I agree with this.

Part of me hopes that the Broncos have been "sandbagging" a little bit, so they can unload in the playoffs without teams knowing exactly what to gameplan for. I don't know if that's the case, but I'm hoping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Socnorb11 View Post
            Part of me hopes that the Broncos have been "sandbagging" a little bit, so they can unload in the playoffs without teams knowing exactly what to gameplan for. I don't know if that's the case, but I'm hoping.
            Would be nice, wouldn't it?

Comment

• I liked watching the game. A road win against a tough team is a very good thing. The players played well. The Bronco coaching staff excels at developing them.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

When was the last time Manning (or Denver, for that matter) went into Foxborough with suddenly the most effective ground game in the league, and what will likely be a top 3 defense? Belichick isn't going to get to game plan for a 1-dimensional team (against whom he's 1-2 against in the playoffs, mind you).

They aren't unbeatable, and I'll take Denver against anyone in the NFC. That includes Seattle. Like New England, Seattle didn't play this version of Denver.

The wild card here in this is Manning may be healthy and relatively fresh by then. What in the world is a defense supposed to plan for? The defense is stopping everything right now and forcing turnovers. How many times can you give the ball back to Denver and not pay for it?

I think anytime you win against a good team within the division on the road is a good win.

However, to say this is the 'most effective ground game in the league' is a bit of a stretch. They are running more and certainly running better than they were earlier in the season, but the fact is that they have become a committed rushing team...not necessarily a great rushing team. For the second straight game, their featured back rushed for an average of less than 3 yds per carry. They failed to convert several 3rd and shorts, and couldn't find the endzone from the 1 when running it three straight times.

I agree that the defense is one of the best units in the league..and that is certainly a difference from last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  I liked watching the game. A road win against a tough team is a very good thing. The players played well. The Bronco coaching staff excels at developing them.
                  It was a good effort. There was a lot that just frustrated the hell out of me (especially in the end of the 1st half) but the bright thing to take away from it is this was a win against a division opponent on the road. We've had a lot of trouble on the road and the Chargers have always played us tough.

Still frustrating but we're sitting in decent shape to take the #1 seed at this point (at least as long as New England loses to the Bills defense like I think they will)
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                    It was a good effort. There was a lot that just frustrated the hell out of me (especially in the end of the 1st half) but the bright thing to take away from it is this was a win against a division opponent on the road. We've had a lot of trouble on the road and the Chargers have always played us tough.

Still frustrating but we're sitting in decent shape to take the #1 seed at this point (at least as long as New England loses to the Bills defense like I think they will)
                    That is possible. Stranger things have happened. "It ain't over 'til it's over" ~ Yogi Berra
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      That is possible. Stranger things have happened. "It ain't over 'til it's over" ~ Yogi Berra
                      Yep. I have a habit of going through Broncos fandom stages, over analyzing on game day, calming down the next day, feeling good by mid week and then back at it again on game day While the lack of a balanced attack and the frustrating clock management got me riled up this week I'm coming out of this game far more positive than I have in weeks. The Bills beat the packers, one of the best teams in the NFL right now and I think they are one of the few teams that could mange to take the pats down. If we win out and the bills beat the pats top seed is ours.

here's to hoping!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                        Yep. I have a habit of going through Broncos fandom stages, over analyzing on game day, calming down the next day, feeling good by mid week and then back at it again on game day While the lack of a balanced attack and the frustrating clock management got me riled up this week I'm coming out of this game far more positive than I have in weeks. The Bills beat the packers, one of the best teams in the NFL right now and I think they are one of the few teams that could mange to take the pats down. If we win out and the bills beat the pats top seed is ours.

here's to hoping!
                        Its boring and frustrating to watch but it works, Manning cant get into rhythm though if hes throwing so few passes. However, I think the goal is to prove we can consistently do it so teams start taking it more and more seriously and till then we use the pass only when needed. I doubt Gase and Peyton want a nearly 60% rushing play attack (though it works for the seahawks.) Still Peyton needs to get used to being in this offense a bit more then he has hes used to the spread a little to much and I think hes getting a bit flustered because the reads and routes are a little different
                        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Working...
                        X