This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread: Week 17: 2014 The raiders vs The Broncos

Well here we are folks, the last regular game day thread of the year, but not of the season.
    We are in the post season... question is will we be playing next week or he week after?

I hope everyone had a nice holiday, we needed it after the Bengals game. That game also cost me a Fantasy Championship. I trailed by Six points and had Manning and CJ on my team and Peyton throws the int at the end instead of the TD. Game over man... game over.

Cincy had a good game plan to stop our pass rushers. Our oline struggled and Peyton threw 4 ints, some because he did not go through his progressions and read the D correctly. Special teams other than one return were god awful. It was a mess, even if he did throw for 300 yards. We had bad and dumb penalites and that Ref Bill Vinovitch that..... (fill in the blank) Let's hope that was our last bad game of the season.

So now it comes down to the Raiders game. A win ans we get the 2nd seed. A loss and all heck breaks loose around here. A loss and a Bengals wins means we drop down to 3 and host San Diego or Baltimore. Let's hoe it doesn't cone down to that.

Oakland has won a few games this year, they beat KC, 49ers and Buffalo. Carr has thrown for 20 TD while Peyton has 39. They have some fight in them and would like nothing better to end their season beating a division rival. They have nothing to lose and a loss helps there draft position, so it is win win for the Raiders.

All time Broncos are 47-59-2 vs the Raiders. (24-31 on the road vs them)

So how do we do in the 17 th game of the season. We are a pedestrian 5-5 in the last decade. Of the 5 wins 3 were at home / 2 on the road. Of the 5 losses 4 were at home 1 on the road. So we won 3 of 7 final home games... We did win the last 2 years vs Chiefs and Raiders. So if we don't beat ourselves we have a chance.

Peyton has over 4000 yards, but the last 3 weeks we have ran more times than we tried to pass. Either we are trying to keep his arm fresh, or establish a strong run game for the post season. Either way we need the O-line to do better than they did on Monday. Raiders give up over 120 on the ground per game so we would be wise to run it. On the ground the Raiders rushing avg is about 80 yards per game. I don't think we will see the D give up an 80+ plus run this game

Oakland started off strong against us in the first match up and then fell off. They have lost the last 6 times they have faced us. Let's make it 7 and take the week off

I hope it is a good game, it shouldn't be a hard game for Denver, but upsets happen. They just better not happen this week.
    Win Lose or Draw As always please follow the COC, report any violations to the Mod Staff so they may respond. I hope everyone has a good Sunday, enjoys the game and has a Happy New Year. As Always GO BRONCOS!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

First!

Raiders have had some close games. I hope Broncos go up by 21 and maintains the lead. We're still recovering from last week.

Gooo Broncos!!!!

Check out the chat room tomorrow!!
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Go Broncos!
      I really like Cheese.

Comment

Broncos Win !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
        The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
        http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
        My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Broncos GOOOOOO!!!!! Let's go into the tournament on a high and positive note!!
          sigpic

Comment

I sure the ST's & offense play ALOT better than Monday night hopefully get this win & a bye to rest up then see how it all shakes out...

Comment

BLAM! BLAM!
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Bye bye, Raiders!!!! (Get it???)

GO BRONCOS
                sigpic

Comment

Go Broncos!!!!!

Going to the game today!
                  Last edited by 80stheman; 12-28-2014, 10:32 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

The playoffs start today, that is all...

GO BRONCOS!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

tic tok hope that is the sound of a bye week.
                      The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

If we can't beat the Raiders handily at home in week 17, Elway needs to do some serious evaluating.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                        Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                        Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                        Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                        I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
                          The playoffs start today, that is all...

GO BRONCOS!!!
                          Have fun out there and bring your lungs!!
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I hope we go up big and get to play OZ a lot in the 2nd half and give Manning and some of our others a rest.
                            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Mostly I hope for a win, win means by and home game.
                              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Working...
                              X