This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preseason Game 1 -- Broncos VS Seahawks

Well it's finally here preseason game number one vs the Seattle Seahawks.

Which match up are you most excited to see? Personally I want to see how well big sly performs at nose tackle going against Seattle's offensive line.

I think this should be a true test for him. Of course it is early and it is basically somewhat of a new position for him but I think he should do very well hopefully he gets plenty of playing time tonight and stays healthy.

Give me your thoughts on the matchups that you most like to see.

Brock Osweiler

Cody Latimer

Shane Ray

Ronnie Hillman for some reason

Any other Bronco who'd like to step up and showcase

Comment

Key matchups:

Denver's O-Line vs. Seattle's defensive front;

Denver's D vs. Seattle's O;

Denver's STs vs. Seattle's STs.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Brock Osweiler will get the start tonight as well. Should be pretty exciting to see what this guy has going aainst Seattle's so called star defenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
          Brock Osweiler will get the start tonight as well. Should be pretty exciting to see what this guy has going aainst Seattle's so called star defenders.
          As I just posted in the other thread about tonight's game, none of Seattle's 2014 safety and CB starters and their backups will be playing tonight except for Marcus Burley who played a little nickle CB last year when Jeremy Lane wasn't available (he didn't look that good btw)... so I expect Osweiler to put up some impressive passing stats... like maybe 275 yards and a couple of TDs.

If he struggles it won't be because he's playing against the LOB.
          "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

Except there will be no "star" pass defenders playing tonight as they are virtually all sitting out. But yes, it will still be interesting to see Osweiler play with most of the 1st team. I am also interested in seeing how Sly plays ... Broncos DL is somewhat questionable overall but especially at unknown at DT ... I hope Sly does well.
            Looking forward to seeing how Latimer plays too.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info guys ,the radio only report so much.

I spend most of my time working so it's kind of hard for me to stay up to par with a lot of this info.

As far as Brock Osweiler goes what if he doesn't perform well against Seattle's backups tonight or in the coming weeks?

Would there be reason to panic? Should we call for John Elway to find someone else ASAP to start grooming?

Do we see a dramatic change at backup quarterback? Or is john Elway suddenly stubborn as mike shanahan trying to make something out if nothing?

Comment

As far as Brock Osweiler goes what if he doesn't perform well against Seattle's backups tonight or in the coming weeks?
                From what I've read he won't be throwing to DT, Sanders or Daniels tonight but rather Latimer, Caldwell and Green... so any conclusions you draw should be tempered knowing he won't have the #1s to throw to.

How he responds to pressure from Seattle's D-line should be of interest... I'll be watching that closely.

That's the one area that Seattle has a significant upper edge tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post
                  From what I've read he won't be throwing to DT, Sanders or Daniels tonight but rather Latimer, Caldwell and Green... so any conclusions you draw should be tempered knowing he won't have the #1s to throw to.

How he responds to pressure from Seattle's D-line should be of interest... I'll be watching that closely.

That's the one area that Seattle has a significant upper edge tonight.
                  Our line is young but what is the thought on Seattle's o line. I know they lost their center and they didn't have best line last year so what is your thought on them?

Adopted Broncos:
                  (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                  (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                  (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                  Adopted posters:
                  Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post
                    As I just posted in the other thread about tonight's game, none of Seattle's 2014 safety and CB starters and their backups will be playing tonight except for Marcus Burley who played a little nickle CB last year when Jeremy Lane wasn't available (he didn't look that good btw)... so I expect Osweiler to put up some impressive passing stats... like maybe 275 yards and a couple of TDs.

If he struggles it won't be because he's playing against the LOB.
                    Well he doesn't have DT or Sanders so it's fair game

I like how you set it up for a win-win for SEA though in your scenario.

Comment

I will be watching the O-line closely to see how they hold up. This in my opinion will decide how our season goes. Hopefully they come together quickly and are not the concern they appear to be. If they can gel by the third or fourth game we should be good as long as Manning doesn't get hurt in those games.
                      sigpic
                      Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                      2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                      2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                        Our line is young but what is the thought on Seattle's o line. I know they lost their center and they didn't have best line last year so what is your thought on them?
                        Seattle returns three starters on it O-line... LT Okung, RG Sweezy and 2014 rookie RT Britt. With the trade of Unger to NO and letting LG Carpenter go in FA, Tom Cable is looking for the best available fits at C and LG. He loves athletic maulers with an attitude and he's got several to choose from.

In the mix at C are 2014 backups Lem Jeanpierre and Patrick Lewis, and journeyman Drew Nowack, who has been getting the most reps with the #1s in TC.. so I expect Nowack will get the start tonight and the other two will get their snaps.

In the mix at LG are drafted rookies Kristjan Sokoli (another Cable conversion from college DT to NFL OL like JR Sweezy), Mark Glowinski, 3rd year "vet" Keavon Milton and 2014 backup Alvin Bailey. Milton has been getting the most reps lately in TC so I expect him to start tonight... with Bailey and Glowinski getting some snaps as well.

Long term, Okung could be gone after this year and back-up Gary Gilliam or swing T/G Alvin Bailey could be the starter in 2016. Rookie T Terry Poole could also be in the mix but TC reports thus far for him have been so-so. RG Sweezy is also an UFA after this year and I believe that Seattle would like to retain his services but like Booby Wagner says "you can't keep everyone", so if they don't re-sign Sweeze, look for 2015 rookie Mark Glowinski to start in his natural position next year. RT Justin Britt played well last year as a rookie so I don't see any changes there for several seasons. Reports are he's stronger and in better shape than last year, where he played well in the run game and was okay in the passing game.

All in all, Tom Cable has done an admirable job piecing together Seattle's O-line. Their forte is run-blocking (duh) and their Achilles heal is pass blocking... which for Russell Wilson is a challenge to any O-line.

Comment

Excited to watch Osweiler play and he usually gets reps with the non starters so maybe chemistry there. This is simply a scrimmage for both teams to decide who to keep and who to cut. Seattle's O-line was a mess last year and I can't see them being that much better this year by trading away Unger. Most of the yards Lynch gets he simply powers for, although they are better at run blocking than pass blocking (like we were last year). I do want to see our o-line as well, but we all need to remember they will be a work in progress all season.

Comment

Another match-up I'm looking forward to is Seattle's PR and KR game against Denver's counterparts... mainly because I want to see rookie WR/PR/KR Tyler Lockett in action. The kid could be something special. He's got the heritage as his Dad and uncle both formerly played in the league... and all three starred at Kansas State.

He'll be #16.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys ,the radio only report so much.

I spend most of my time working so it's kind of hard for me to stay up to par with a lot of this info.

Would there be reason to panic? Should we call for John Elway to find someone else ASAP to start grooming?
                              Do we see a dramatic change at backup quarterback? Or is john Elway suddenly stubborn as mike shanahan trying to make something out if nothing?

why? he wont be playing with the starters at least for tonight, there will be little to no game plan, rather just seeing what works. we have a totally new oline other then our RG and this camp is basically the first time he has ever got real reps
                              sigpic
                              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Working...
                              X