Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well as far as kickers go im not sure why you have them listed as not helping their cause. Yes they had kickoff coverage issues but they did good on fg from what i saw

In my opinion caldwell didnt help his cause. Only guy out there not catching everything.
    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• That's a valid point. The one issue I had with them was their inability to even get the ball to the endzone, let alone through the back of it. It's more the kick coverage that needs help, not the kickers themselves. I'll revise my post.

Agreed. If Caldwell makes this team I will make a petition to get him cut. Fowler did more for us in one preseason game than Caldwell did all of last year. No point in keeping him on the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by KapitalKrow View Post
        That's a valid point. The one issue I had with them was their inability to even get the ball to the endzone, let alone through the back of it. It's more the kick coverage that needs help, not the kickers themselves. I'll revise my post.

Agreed. If Caldwell makes this team I will make a petition to get him cut. Fowler did more for us in one preseason game than Caldwell did all of last year. No point in keeping him on the team.
        Sorry i didnt get to finish everything i wanted to say due to my lil monster(9 month old) waking up. I also wanted to say thanks for writing that up and i felt you were pretty much spot on
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by th3RUNT View Post
          how did Sly look out there?. dont remember hearing much about him
          not great. He was getting handled pretty well by Seattle's backup Oline and even getting pushed back 5 yards and spun around........
          sigpic

Comment

• The two things I liked a lots at night was our starting O-Line, and Shaq Barrert.

Our O-Line starting shaky in the first series and a half, but got better every snap. That will continue as the season goes on. Heck they could become dominate at the end of the season.

Nothing makes me happier than Shaq Barrett. People may have been happy with his pass rush, but I was estatic with his run D. He set the edge very nicely and never let a read option break him on the outside. He was always forcing the back inside to his help. Being from CSU I know he is very capable as a Pass Rusher. This man has been through a lot. In college he would drive 1+ hour a day from Fort Collins to Denver to work 12 hours of construction. He was trying to save as much money possible for his wife and child. He would then quit when football started. He is a high character guy. I couldn't be happier for him.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
              The two things I liked a lots at night was our starting O-Line, and Shaq Barrert.

Our O-Line starting shaky in the first series and a half, but got better every snap. That will continue as the season goes on. Heck they could become dominate at the end of the season.

Nothing makes me happier than Shaq Barrett. People may have been happy with his pass rush, but I was estatic with his run D. He set the edge very nicely and never let a read option break him on the outside. He was always forcing the back inside to his help. Being from CSU I know he is very capable as a Pass Rusher. This man has been through a lot. In college he would drive 1+ hour a day from Fort Collins to Denver to work 12 hours of construction. He was trying to save as much money possible for his wife and child. He would then quit when football started. He is a high character guy. I couldn't be happier for him.
              I was a fan of us picking him up as an UDFA last season. Glad to see him in the mix to make the roster and make an impact.
              A book I wrote

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                The two things I liked a lots at night was our starting O-Line, and Shaq Barrert.

Yeah Barrett was killing it. When he was drafted, I was thinking it was a token pick as a nod to the local school. A wasted maybe. Because I DON'T follow college football like I used to. Watching Barrett play last night impressed upon me that I was most likely very wrong about my initial thoughts - and was happy to be wrong. Because no NFL team can afford to waste their picks - even late rounders. (Sucks to be New England)

Now on to something different for a second....

Dont take this personally - Its just the OCD in me but I see this all the time and wanted to edumacate you in case you didn't know.

Dominate is a verb. "I will dominate you"

Dominant is an adjective. "they could become dominant at the end of the season"

Just a FYI

Because "by ear" or colloquially, these 2 examples sound the same. But written they are different. It's just that I see this written all the time this way. I usually never resort to correcting grammar on message boards, but in this case I think at least someone in here might learn the difference - maybe.
                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                  Yeah Barrett was killing it. When he was drafted, I was thinking it was a token pick as a nod to the local school. A wasted maybe. Because I DON'T follow college football like I used to. Watching Barrett play last night impressed upon me that I was most likely very wrong about my initial thoughts - and was happy to be wrong. Because no NFL team can afford to waste their picks - even late rounders. (Sucks to be New England)

Now on to something different for a second....

Dont take this personally - Its just the OCD in me but I see this all the time and wanted to edumacate you in case you didn't know.

Dominate is a verb. "I will dominate you"

Dominant is an adjective. "they could become dominant at the end of the season"

Just a FYI

Because "by ear" or colloquially, these 2 examples sound the same. But written they are different. It's just that I see this written all the time this way. I usually never resort to correcting grammar on message boards, but in this case I think at least someone in here might learn the difference - maybe.
                  Shaq Barrett was not drafted.

Comment

• did we pick him up as udfa right after the draft?

Comment

• https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/schedule

gamepass has a 7 day trial going if you want to see any games. Since I slept through the game, I went and signed up so I could see it.

If you decide to keep it, it's 99$

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                        did we pick him up as udfa right after the draft?
                        Yes sir, many Coloradoan fans were elated to get both he and Bibbs, two CSU Rams, as UDFAs.

Comment

Working...
                        X