This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Great summary all around. What I noticed from Manning was every time Manning was in the gun, it was a pass play and when under center, it was a run play. To me this telegraphs our plays to the defense, right?
    Manning was in for 19 plays, 9 from Gun and 10 Under.

What you say about the plays from Gun is true, all were passes.

However, only half the plays he ran from Under Center were runs. Three of the five pass plays were PAP, and two were straight dropback one of which was from empty which I found curious.

There were two holding penalties on runs from Under Center, both of which were on TEs; one on Green and the other on Daniels.
    Last edited by samparnell; 08-23-2015, 11:13 AM.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      Manning was in for 19 plays, 9 from Gun and 10 Under.

What you say about the plays from Gun is true, all were passes.

However, only half the plays he ran from Under Center were runs. Three of the five pass plays were PAP, and two were straight dropback one of which was from empty which I found curious.

There were two holding penalties on runs from Under Center, both of which were on TEs; one on Green and the other on Daniels.
      Thanks Sam, I knew you would come through and answer.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
        He played right where he left off last season. At least that is what it looked like to me. If Manning is playing like he does in December when it isn't even September yet...well, hope he can turn it around.

This isn't a Brock vs Peyton thing, rather just a little concerned about our starting offense after tonight. Time will tell, but I definitely expected more.
        Peyton hitting DT and Casey in the hands on 3rd downs and they drop 1st downs, Peyton is done!.....meanwhile brock throwing tds to both teams and completing less than 50% of his passes against a second string defense is fine. Gotta love preseason!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
          Peyton hitting DT and Casey in the hands on 3rd downs and they drop 1st downs, Peyton is done!.....meanwhile brock throwing tds to both teams and completing less than 50% of his passes against a second string defense is fine. Gotta love preseason!
          You're going to give peyton a pass for his receivers dropping passes but not Brock? Ok lol

And Peyton would have thrown that same interception there

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            You're going to give peyton a pass for his receivers dropping passes but not Brock? Ok lol

And Peyton would have thrown that same interception there
            Why is it Peyton's fault for the dropped passes? Brock gets all the credit for a great td pass and not seeing a linebacker and throwing a pick, I know he has some passes dropped, ( Nathan Palmer had a nice pass that he couldn't pull in but a penalty bailed the offense out). I'm not saying Manning looked great just pointing out what I noticed. Siemian continues to impress.
            sigpic

Comment

Given that you literally quoted me saying this isn't a Manning vs Brock thing, I'm confused why you had to make it a Manning vs Brock thing? Strange.

I never said there weren't drops, there clearly were. I said that he looked like December Manning to me. That more accurately extends to how the offense was run.

However, Manning did lead a couple guys too far and was behind on a 3rd and 17. I'm used to seeing a more accurate Manning. Perhaps you've seen him be more inaccurate before and I only recall the great throws he made, with the exception being late last year, i.e., after the Rams game.

But I will amend my previous post not to reflect Manning so much as the poor play was more a reflection of how the offense was run, despite some poor throws by Manning.

Also, by saying that he had some poor throws is also saying that most of his throws were good. But when we have such a great player under center, isn't it fair to expect great play?

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
                Given that you literally quoted me saying this isn't a Manning vs Brock thing, I'm confused why you had to make it a Manning vs Brock thing? Strange.

I never said there weren't drops, there clearly were. I said that he looked like December Manning to me. That more accurately extends to how the offense was run.

However, Manning did lead a couple guys too far and was behind on a 3rd and 17. I'm used to seeing a more accurate Manning. Perhaps you've seen him be more inaccurate before and I only recall the great throws he made, with the exception being late last year, i.e., after the Rams game.

But I will amend my previous post not to reflect Manning so much as the poor play was more a reflection of how the offense was run, despite some poor throws by Manning.

Also, by saying that he had some poor throws is also saying that most of his throws were good. But when we have such a great player under center, isn't it fair to expect great play?
                He did have some poor throws I agree. And the 3rd and 17 should been a pick. When I first saw the numbers I assumed Manning must have stunk it up, but when I watched the actual game I thought take out the drops and a couple penalties and we could have scoring drive oppurtunities.
                I try to find something to build off and I focus on each guys performance, not just the QB.
                Brock I think is fine, throwing picks in Preseason is the best time to throw them and learn, next time Brock probably takes the sack cause he had a dude in his grill on that one.
                This has never been a Brock vs Peyton thing for me, if Peyton is making the big bucks he is our starter, Brock is our future. That's how I view them, I respect what Peyton has done in the 3 years he has been here only Elway has taken us farther in all the years of our franchise.
                I'm also very excited about Brock, the day he is named our starter I will back him 100%
                Last edited by 58Miller; 08-24-2015, 08:28 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

He did have some poor throws I agree. And the 3rd and 17 should been a pick. When I first saw the numbers I assumed Manning must have stunk it up, but when I watched the actual game I thought take out the drops and a couple penalties and we could have scoring drive oppurtunities.
                  I try to find something to build off and I focus on each guys performance, not just the QB.
                  Brock I think is fine, throwing picks in Preseason is the best time to throw them and learn, next time Brock probably takes the sack cause he had a dude in his grill on that one.
                  This has never been a Brock vs Peyton thing for me, if Peyton is making the big bucks he is our starter, Brock is our future. That's how I view them, I respect what Peyton has done in the 3 years he has been here only Elway has taken us farther in all the years of our franchise.
                  I'm also very excited about Brock, the day he is named our starter I will back him 100%
                  Hopefully, we see a more crisp outing vs SF this weekend. Given this will be their last practice against another team before week 1, it would be nice to see our starters operate more under Kubiak's offense. Hopefully, that won't be an issue moving forward.

Brock wasn't as sharp as he was against Seattle, bit there were still some good signs. I feel like his INT isn't that bad. It wasn't good, but I think his poor throw on 4th and 1 is more concerning, IMO.

The defense should be a lot of fun to watch this year! I'm excited for them. Hopefully our mix of offensive schemes won't be a season long issue.

Lastly, I'm a huge fan of Manning. The last three years have been amazing and I love the class he brings to this team. He represents my favorite city well, which goes a long way for me. With that said, I am concerned about him, I fear his desire to play is still fully intact, we're just not sure about his body.

I hope Kubiak's plan to rest him early and often pays off in December, January, and obviously in Feburary! The magnifying glass is on him though, as unfair as that may be.

Comment

Working...
                  X