This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Petero1818 View Post
    Well when your D can win you a game like that you have to be happy about it. On the offensive side of the ball, lots to be worried about. A confused O line, a poor running game, and perhaps most alarming, PM not doing much right. I saw timing issues overthrowing the long ball all game, some poor floaters and some poor decisions which is really weird. The pick 6 was a terrible throw and a terrible decision.
    The pick six was neither a terrible throw or decision. It was a terrible non call. Jimmy Smith clearly made contact with the receiver while the ball was in the air. Same exact terrible call as the pick six off Decker in the playoffs, same exact terrible ref who let's our receivers get mugged every game as well

Comment

• The D better strap it on all season. Cause this is the kinda game they are going to have to play every game. Manning just doesn't have it anymore, and I think that most people have realized it after the way he closed last season, the playoffs last season, the preseason, and last night. Teams are just going to cover our WR tight on the short routes and make PM beat them deep and he has proven that he just cant consistently hit the deep ball
      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
        The pick six was neither a terrible throw or decision. It was a terrible non call. Jimmy Smith clearly made contact with the receiver while the ball was in the air. Same exact terrible call as the pick six off Decker in the playoffs, same exact terrible ref who let's our receivers get mugged every game as well
        Nah I think that was just a poor throw

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          I agree that the receiver was mugged and it probably should have been flagged. However, that ball should have never been thrown. It was a terrible decision to throw there in that situation. That type of play is not going to get called often because the DB has the same right to the ball as the receiver. If the timing is even close to good and he is playing the ball and not the receivers body there is a low chance a flag will be thrown. Peyton should know that, but he has developed a tendency to leave his receivers hanging.
          Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
            I agree that the receiver was mugged and it probably should have been flagged. However, that ball should have never been thrown. It was a terrible decision to throw there in that situation. That type of play is not going to get called often because the DB has the same right to the ball as the receiver. If the timing is even close to good and he is playing the ball and not the receivers body there is a low chance a flag will be thrown. Peyton should know that, but he has developed a tendency to leave his receivers hanging.
            The DB may have as much right to the ball as the receiver but they are not allowed to go through the back of the receiver which is what Smith did before the ball got there. If he doesn't make contact before the ball gets there he doesn't tip the ball nor get an interception

Comment

Working...
            X