This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread: Week 2: 2015 Broncos vs Chiefs

Hello Broncomaniacs back for week 2 on a quick turnaround.

A mod will sticky this for us as soon as they can

Well game one was different. Rarely have I ever seen a board so devisive in a winning effort.
    Manning was sacked 4 times, CJ couldn't run the ball. Passing game struggled and we attempted 40 passes though that is contrary to what we heard Kubiak wants.

The D.... Brilliant, Fast, Dominant, Swarming, Brutal, Unrelenting and Game Changing.
    That was one of the most impressive efforts I've ever seen by any team in a game.
    They are well deserving of any kudos given.

The offense led us to 4 Field goals and McManus nailed 3 long field goals, so special teams stepped up IMO as well.

So with the quick turnaround we're off to KC for week 2.
    So how do we do in week 2 games. Well in the last 10 years we have went 9-1 in week 2 match ups
    8 Wins at home, 1 win on the road, 1 loss on the road.

Against he chiefs we have played 20 regular games in that span - We have won 14 of 20 games, of the 6 losses 4 were away 2 at home.

The last time we lost on KC was 2010 with Kyle Orton. Manning in the last 3 years has been 6-0 vs KC, A trend I hope continues this week.

I look forward to seeing how the D handles KC on the road and if they can be just as dynamic. KC will be pumped up for their season opener, they have some good defensive players in Berry and Houston. I'd love to see our offense do a bit better this game while our D clamp down on them from the start. Also glad to have Ward back on the field as well this week, it can only help.

As Sunday displayed, emotions run can run high here, Help the The Administrators out and follow the COC. Link attached.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...ode-of-Conduct

As I always: Go Broncos!!!!
    WIn the game so I can focus on my fantasy team on Sunday
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

First!

I've always wanted to do that.

Gooo Broncos!!!!
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Durrrrnnnnnnn me too.

Thanks Elway .... and :

sigpic

Comment

Always a tough time in Arrowhead, this should be a hard fought slug fest.
        Both teams are still licking their wounds from last Sunday in this short week game.
        Denver’s “D” will continue to keep getting the ball back for the Broncos’ Offense !!!.

Broncos 42
        Cheffies 13

GO BRONCOS !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
        The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
        http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
        My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

2015 Week 2: Denver Broncos @ Kansas City Chiefs

Week 2 - Denver Broncos @ Kansas City Chiefs
          Date & Time: Thursday, September 17th, 2015; 8:25 p.m. ET
          Series Record: Chiefs lead 56-54
          Last Meeting: Broncos won 29-16 (11/30/14)
          Last Week: Broncos defeated Ravens 19-13; Chiefs defeated Texans 27-20

Week 2 pinned my beloved Denver Broncos against their division foe Kansas City Chiefs. This would be their first road game of the season. This is also their first primetime game of the season, let alone their first Thursday night game of the season.

Week 1 Recap:

The Broncos are coming off a 19-13 win over the Baltimore Ravens in a great defensive battle. In fact, the only touchdowns in the game came off of pick sixes, so there was no offensive touchdowns involved in the game. For the first time ever, I was impressed with Aqib Talib. I never was a fan of his, but I can honestly say that I was impressed with him. On Sunday, he came up with one of the pick sixes that would put the Broncos up and keep them up for good. The game-sealer came from ex-Raven Darian Stewart with his diving interception in the end zone to lock up the 19-13 win over the Ravens. Plus, Brandon McManus had a stellar day as well, getting his season started on the right note by going 4/4 on FG's. So that was good to see. Our front 7 was on point. DeMarcus Ware had a GREAT sack on Joe Flacco! Our defense kept the Ravens under 200 total yards, which was see. Offense needs to step it up, and I mean the ENTIRE offense! Not just Peyton, not just the offensive line.

Run Defense:

I was pleased with the run defense last Sunday. In fact, I was impressed with the entire defense. If I'm gonna analyze the Broncos/Chiefs game that's set to happen Thursday, I have to start on the run defense. Chiefs have a good running game with Jamaal Charles & Knile Davis. These are two guys that you have to contain. The Broncos have a good front 7 where they can go tit-for-tat with the Chiefs' running game. Also, Alex Smith likes to use the opinion, so he's not afraid to use his legs, either. The main goal in this game is to use our front 7 to utilize their running backs, and don't let either back get any sort of advantage. If our rush defense can utilize their running backs, it'll force the Chiefs to have to become a one-dimensional offense where they'll have to depend on Alex Smith to pass the ball a lot. If the Chiefs wind-up becoming one-dimensional where they have to depend on the pass, the Broncos will have them beat in that category. However, if the Chiefs' running game were to outlast our rush defense, this will have the makings of a shootout to happen.

Pass Defense:

I'm not expecting the Chiefs to pass the ball a lot since their bread-and-butter is running the ball, but I know the pass defense will win this battle. If our pass rush of Von Miller, DeMarcus Ware, Sly-Will, & Malik Jackson get rattle & get to Alex Smith and force him to get uncomfortable, he'll be liable to throw a pick or two. If the Chiefs were to get any sort of passing touchdown, either Knile Davis or Jamaal Charles will be on the receiving end of those passes, because their wide receivers seem to can't score touchdowns, and I doubt that drought will end on Thursday. And if Alex Smith has aspirations to throw a touchdown pass on Chris Harris, he can go ahead and cancel those plans because that s**t isn't happening at all. Speaking of Chris Harris, I'd put Chris Harris on Dwayne Bowe, then put Aqib Talib on Jeremy Maclin. I see those DBs winning the battle against those wide receivers.

Run Offense:

Now, flipping it over to the other side of the ball. Our offensive line will be going against another good front 7 in the Kansas City Chiefs with Justin Houston & co. Our offensive line wasn't up to par on Sunday, and that needs to improve. One thing I'd like to see from the offensive line is to open up the flood gates and create lanes for our running backs. The Broncos have a good running back tandem with C.J. Anderson & Ronnie Hillman. If our offensive line opens up, our running game can get over 100 yards on the ground in less than 20 carries, regardless of who's in the back field. One thing I'd like to see from my offense is a balance of play-calling between running & passing. That way, it won't be too much pressure on our running backs, and it won't be too much pressure on Peyton Manning.

Pass Offense:

Speaking of our offensive line & Peyton Manning, I definitely would like to see our offensive line step up because I don't wanna see Peyton on his a** a lot this season, nor having him slide down to take a sack. And Peyton isn't innocent from what happened on Sunday, either. There was some bad decisions he made, and there was one throw in double coverage that cause a pick six to happen. So there has to be some better decision making. I'm not asking Peyton & co. to eclipse for 400 yards, but I need them to do just enough so the defense doesn't have to carry them. I'm extremely confident that they'll get it going. No worries here! If our offensive line holds up, it'll open up Peyton Manning to take his time & make smart decisions where he can help extend long drives. For our wide receivers, I understand they won't catch every pass their way, but the easy catches need to be caught. No excuses! And for God's sake, let's get some offensive touchdowns, whether it's on the ground or in the air.

Coaching/Coordinating:

Most of the offense's miscues can be due to the chemistry of the HC & OC and the offense not being up to par. The Broncos changed personnel over the offseason, hiring Gary Kubiak as the new head coach & Rick Dennison as the offensive coordinator. So there's a little lack of chemistry lingering there, but it'll build up as the weeks go by, and once that happens, this offense will be off and running like it has over the last three seasons! Wade Phillips (the new defensive coordinator) did a splendid job with the defense, and I expect it to be duplicated again on Thursday.

Final Verdict:

I expect my offense to step up their game and come out playing better. A Peyton Manning-led offense don't struggle in first 2 weeks of the season, so I expect an improvement. Offensive line comes with it, our running game can open & our passing game can roll. Can't let that Chiefs' front 7 have a field day, because they can have that tendency of having a field day if you can't match them, so eliminate all possibilities of that early and often. Defense needs to shut down the Chiefs' run game. Make 'em one-dimensional. If they do that, the Chiefs are sunk. Last but not least, Brandon McManus got to keep his hot streak going. Don't get nervous. And that's that.

Score Prediction:

I see the Broncos offense stepping up and having a good game overall. Not great, but good enough. The Chiefs will get their points and score a touchdown or not, but if Charles & Davis get going, this could have the makings of a shootout. Assuming that the run defense limits Charles & Davis' day, I say the Broncos will win 34-17.

And that's my take! GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!
          ~ A-Fizzle ~

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
            First!

I've always wanted to do that.

Gooo Broncos!!!!

Way to go Peanut!!!! I was looking to see if you were around. :thumb:
            The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              sigpic
              2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
              2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
              BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

Tough Game

Was distracted some by the party (NFL Ticket - multiple TVs) but kept my focus on a challenging battle that showed the Broncos playing good, hard, poised football.

Congratulations are due as the team hung in there together and did not blow a hard fought battle with untimely mistakes, especially penalties. They could have run a bit more, but we all want Peyton to stay attuned to the beat of the game and not get bored maybe. Certainly he would like to open it up a bit more. Hopefully we can this week. However, ball control is paramount for SB pursuits, not run and gun theatrics. Besides, those long passes that barely missed will go our way more often than not, and the defense will win a championship. Isn't that way it should go - stifle their offense and win the field position?

KC has weapons but we can stop them. Then our offense will control the ball and the Broncos can show the league who's boss. Let's maintain the intestinal fortitude shown in Week 1 and hand it to the Chiefs for a substantial victory within the division.

Comment

I'm little nervous for this game playing in Kansas City is always tough place to play well and win but I have faith. This should be great game and good battle between two good AFCW teams looking forward to it.

Go Broncos! Here to 2-0. 😎
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                    I'm little nervous for this game playing in Kansas City is always tough place to play well and win but I have faith. This should be great game and good battle between two good AFCW teams looking forward to it.

Go Broncos! Here to 2-0. ��

Im a lil nervous aswell. The Cheifs front 7 is damn good, and add the fact that its their Home opener against the " Lead Dog " in Denver, on a short week, and they should be pretty amped up. The recent woes from the O-Line and Manning doesnt give any confidence in this game at all. Hopfully we can beat em at their own game. Deffence, and running the ball. If i reamber correctly, didnt Smith throw on us pretty well last season ? All but the last drive of the game ? Should be a good test for both sides of the ball. Excited and nervous all at the same time.

Go Denver !

Comment

Originally posted by Elway View Post
                      Way to go Peanut!!!! I was looking to see if you were around. :thumb:

You see invisible people.

That's okay. I see invisible posts.
                      Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Hey Elway, get Peanut to pay you overtime this week seeing as you've done double the work

Love these threads

Hoping to catch a portion of this game live and will be catching up with the rest of it during the daytime tomorrow

GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Something I haven't seen a big deal made out of anywhere except on local sports radio... If we win tomorrow night, we will have won a record 13 consecutive division road games... Not a team record, but an all time NFL record.
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                          Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                            Something I haven't seen a big deal made out of anywhere except on local sports radio... If we win tomorrow night, we will have won a record 13 consecutive division road games... Not a team record, but an all time NFL record.
                            If? When.

I saw one article about that. A lot about what's-his-'face's-mom.

Hey, it's late. Names don't exist at this hour.
                            Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

Comment

Go Broncos!
                              I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
                              I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
                              I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
                              "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
                              God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
                              Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

Working...
                              X