This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread Week 3: 2015 Broncos vs Lions

Hello Broncomaniacs back for week 3 after a nice 10 days off.

Hopefully the team put it to good use , got some rest and gave the O-line some videos to watch on how they are supposed to do their job , protect the QB and open up running lanes. We will see how it goes this week.

Heck of a win vs KC, Kudos to Kubiack to realizing there is a tie to try and play his way and a time to just let Manning get in rhythm. First half was not pretty with ducks and overthrows, but the 2nd half saw a more cohesive effort. Also thank to Andy Reid for his poor clock management skills near the end of both halves.

The D.... had some issues, I believe we had 4 personal fouls in that game. They kept the pressure on, were unrelenting and again had the game winning score. I don't love the flags, but I love the intensity, drive and teamwork. I hope the offense helps them out ealy on, esp the running game shows more signs of life. At least SUH is no longer there to terrorize that O-line.

Over the last 10 seasons we have went 5-5 in our 3rd game of the season. We went 3-2 at home, 2 and 3 on the road. Last year in week 3 we lost to Seattle after we fought to tie the game and go to OT.

In 20 seasons we have played the Lions 4 times. Twice on the road and twice at home. We won the first two time and then lost the last two times meetings. In 2011 it was a 45-10 beat down of us in Denver . Stafford had 3 tds, one to Megatron, who had 125 yards on 6 catches. The prior loss was in 2007 we loss 44-7. So basically they outscored us 89-17 the last two times. But the past is the past, and or D is so much better than what we had then.

The Lions are 0-2, and this game is there Home Opener, and it is a prime time game so like in KC they will be pumped up and loud. (Thanks NFL!)

Just to point out how funny things work out, my 2 starting rbs in fantasy this week are CJ Anderson (24 carries / 56 yards) and Ameer Abdullah (13 carries / 59 yards) Not looking good for me this week. But hey at least I have Alshon Jeffries and Dez Bryant on my team.

As each game day thread shows, emotions run can run high here, Help the The Administrators out and follow the COC. Link attached. They don't want to infract or ban you any more than you do.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...ode-of-Conduct

As I always: Go Broncos!!!! We're all staying up late here, make it worth the effort and kick butt!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Go Broncos!
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

Denver will take in lessons learned from the KC and Baltimore games.
      The Broncos’ “O” will come out with improved timing on blocks and pass routes.
      Please try to keep your QB upright as best as you can O-line and keep on gellin’ !
      Denver’s “D” will continue to keep getting the ball back for the Broncos’ Offense !!!.

Denver 42
      Detroit 13

GO BRONCOS !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

I like this scenario, come out swinging with the Peyton Manning shot gun put pints on the board quick and then switch to GKs offense running the ball and controlling the clock giving our D a chance to rest.

Maybe even give PFM a rest while letting the great Oz get some game time!

Comment

Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          sigpic
          2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
          2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
          BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

I might make some wings again for tomorrow night, or some pasta fagioli. I cant decide which!

Anyways, lets go Broncos!!! I cant wait for some Sunday Night Football!!! (Also, has anyone else wondered why they chose the Broncos and Lions for SNF?)
            sigpic

Comment

Woo finally! 10 long days later..

Hopefully Manning snaps out of it and starts playing average to above average. Been a while since we saw that, I'm sure the defense's back is tired. Run game needs life too, and going against the Lions' bottom 5 run defense should be great for that.

Coincidentally, Manning and Stafford are the two worst QBs this year according to PFF. Thankfully we have arguably the best defense in the league to make sure Stafford continues to be at the bottom.

I wouldn't bet on it, but if Manning shows up I say 38-7

Realistically though, defense saves the day 27-6

Comment

Go get em team! Go Broncos!

Comment

Who's afraid of the Lions?

sigpic

Comment

I've got the cinnamon rolls thawing and rising right now, and the stuff for the chilli out and ready to make first thing in the morning.
                    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

I've been waiting 10 long days for Sunday night!!

GO BRONCOS!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                      Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                      Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                      Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                      I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Everyone order Pizza Hut tomorrow for the game!
                        The Community Service Society at Silver Creek High School is having a nationwide fundraising event all day on Sunday, September 27th, to make a difference and honor Maddy's memory. All of the money raised will go to 5 charities, including Make-A-Wish. You can choose carry out or delivery, but the order must be placed online at www.PizzaHut.com, using the Coupon Code: CSS. Please help us get the word out and order some Pizza Hut online this Sunday! Thank you!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                        Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                        Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                        Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                        I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

I say offense continues to struggle, another low scoring game. 21-17, Broncos.

Comment

Hoping our offense can come out on fire and keep it that way. But I think if will be more of what we've seen the past 2 weeks. I think Broncos win but in a close frustrating game.

Broncos- 23
                            Lions- 17

Comment

3 games 3 different start times, and two road games. This is a tough 3 game stetch, but with a dinged up Stafford, I want to see us throw everything including the kitchen sink at him. If we can rattle him early, I could see up to 2 Defensive TDs. I'm worried about the Lions and chunk yardage, but I love this D so far. As for offense I want to see the run game get going, or at least start in the right direction. An added bonus could be if CJ scores today for my fantasy team.
                              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Working...
                              X