X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
    Actually, there were.
    Everyone that played real poorly in that game will not be getting time in our game this Thursday. I never said only the starters play. However, even the guys that played that will get time as our depth guys did not play poorly. They can't make up for all of the players that'll never make it on a team.

Comment

• Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
      Actually, not that many. The only players who will possibly get any meaningful snaps and more than just a couple plays, played very well, too. But, even they couldn't make up for the guys that won't make the roster.
      Two things, First, what is a meaningful snap? As i mentioned above, a game can be broken down into 5-10 significant plays that turned the outcome of the game, if a backup happens to be in for those plays, that seems pretty significant.

Second, lets see, roughly, who played against AZ that is on the roster.

Zaire Anderson
      Shaquil Barret
      Kapri Bibbs
      Devonte Booker
      Riley Dixon
      Lorenzo Doss
      Adam Gotsis
      Darius Kilgo
      Casey Kreiter
      Conner McGovern
      Brandon McManus
      Corey Nelson
      Will Parks
      Kyle Peko
      John Phillips
      Jordan Taylor
      Dekoda Watson
      Kavyon Webster

To name a few, thats 18 players, there could be more but I don't have time to watch the game again. From my understanding, 18 is actually more than a few.

This leads me to my next question, how important was our depth last year to our season/Superbowl run? Everybody played. If there are 7 ish inactives that means 10 or so of the guys mentioned above will most likely play. And given how most played against az, I'm not inspired. If we're counting on our starters as much as you seem to be, we better hope we don't have any more injuries all season. I hope I'm wrong, as I want a 16-0 season followed by a second consecutive SuperBowl title!

Comment

Everyone that played real poorly in that game will not be getting time in our game this Thursday. I never said only the starters play. However, even the guys that played that will get time as our depth guys did not play poorly. They can't make up for all of the players that'll never make it on a team.
        We better hope that the names listed above don't play, well, the few names that did play well, such as Taylor, will not play, or he may if Latimer and Fowler are still injured. Hope we don't see our Dixon, Doss, Kilgo, Gotsis, Nelson, Phillips, Parks, etc. Not sure who will relieve our starters, but lets hope it's not most of the guys from the list above. And again, that list is not an exhausted list. Just a quick from memory list.

Comment

If any from the list do play, I'll be sure to point it out to you.

Have a good rest of your weekend. I'll check your replies tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
            We better hope that the names listed above don't play, well, the few names that did play well, such as Taylor, will not play, or he may if Latimer and Fowler are still injured. Hope we don't see our Dixon, Doss, Kilgo, Gotsis, Nelson, Phillips, Parks, etc. Not sure who will relieve our starters, but lets hope it's not most of the guys from the list above. And again, that list is not an exhausted list. Just a quick from memory list.
            Let's remember that I said those in that game that will play any in the opener, played well. That doesn't mean they stood out like Taylor did. Just that they played well, so you shouldn't have been upset with their performance except for Lorenzo. I was disappointed with him.

Doss has been great all preseason/camp before last game, though. So I don't think it's fair to hold it against him for one bad game. But, he shouldn't play a whole lot unless someone gets banged up I imagine. I didn't know we were counting Dixon because he is a starter. Then Kilgo, Gotsis, and Parks all looked good in the game. I don't really remember Nelson that much, so maybe you're right about him?

But you have a good weekend too.

Comment

Working...
            X