X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was just ugly.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
      I'm not sure Lynch will be as far behind as he was earlier this season. The line is poor but not sure Siemian is the answer at QB.

Comment

It was a terrible game by Siemian along with the rest of the team

Comment

• I guess Andy Reid looks too much like Santa Claus in that red Chiefs jumpsuit to lose on Christmas night.

Comment

• Sadly, the worst part of this is that I think that we all line back up next August for Kubiak Part 3. Kub's can't/won't change and we need too much new talent on the offensive side of the ball to rebuild in one off season. Love the Broncos but I'm afraid that we're headed for another post season drought stretch as long as Kub's is here. Guess that we need to enjoy this defense and Wade for as long as they last.

Comment

• Originally posted by azBRONCOSaz View Post
              Kubiak was 61-64 as HC of the Texans. 8-8, 9-7 happened a lot. There was one 12-4 season that amounted to nothing, and the next year the Texans went 2-14. Why make excuses for this coach?

People can be great coordinators, but that doesn't mean he will be a great, or even good, head coach. I still don't think that Kubiak would have gotten his job without his ties to Denver and friendship with Elway.
              His record in Houston was something I called out when he was hired. A lot of people said he didn't have the talent and eventually built a winning team. One of the issues was when Matt Schaub had a string of INTs and lost his confidence.

Kubiak did a solid job of managing the QB situation last season. Benching Osweiler in the San Diego game was a tough call - he didn't really know if Manning was ready to play. Although the defense was elite, Kubiak made a difference last season as HC.

This season he had two rookie QBs...Siemian was basically a rookie. The team was playing well in the win against Houston. We lost CJ after that game, then Janovich and Bibbs. I don't know how much Kubiak had to do with signing Stephenson and Okung - you saw Stephenson tonight. Atrocious play from Stephenson is not on Kubiak.

I question Kubiak's cal to keep going with Norwood over several games. I question his call to fake the FG tonight.

The biggest issue I have with Kubiak was offering a player to speak to the team first last week - great leaders do not delegate leadership. So for that kind of decision I question Kubiak's ability as a head coach.

He should have made other moves to get Stephenson out of RT - try Billy Turner.

I'm sure Elway will give it another season - then again you never know. We might see Kubiak step down.

The team literally fell apart after the first game against KC.

Comment

• Unless we get the Oline fixed, No Qb is safe aback there and no RB will get many yards. Trevor caused some of his own issues this season, but damn that line was bad. We could go after Romo, and he would get broken in two one week behind that line.
                The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elway View Post
                  In 60 secs 53 men will be calling their travel agents for their vacation plans.

Sounds about right!

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                    I guess Andy Reid looks too much like Santa Claus in that red Chiefs jumpsuit to lose on Christmas night.
                    Lol good one

Comment

• Well everyone this was a tough night. Try not to let football get you down. Enjoy your family and friends. If you are traveling get home safely.

The draft will be exciting as always and we know Elway will do everything possible to get this team back on top.

Peace.....

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Elway
                        In 60 secs 53 men will be calling their travel agents for their vacation plans.

Nah, they did that weeks ago.

Comment

• After the shouting match last week, the defense comes out and gives up the most yards since 2013, with that ridiculous Poe TD as icing on the cake.

How quickly things have changed since Bennie Fowler was streaking towards the endzone against the Chiefs in Denver. Since that loss, the Broncos have scored 13 points, 10 points, 3 points, and 10 points, and are 1-3 during that stretch.

Adding to that the Broncos have rushed for 104 yards, 18 yards, 58 yards, and 63 yards. Yet on defense the rushing yards they given up each game is 154 yards, 180 yards, 136 yards, and 238 yards.

If you can't run the ball or stop the run, chances are you are going to lose.

Comment

• Another depressing "fun" fact, the Chiefs ran for nearly as many yards just in this game (238) as the Broncos have total in the last 4 games combined (243)

Let that sink in....

Comment

With one guy to beat...and a least a bigplay
                              sigpic
                              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                                His record in Houston was something I called out when he was hired. A lot of people said he didn't have the talent and eventually built a winning team. One of the issues was when Matt Schaub had a string of INTs and lost his confidence.

Kubiak did a solid job of managing the QB situation last season. Benching Osweiler in the San Diego game was a tough call - he didn't really know if Manning was ready to play. Although the defense was elite, Kubiak made a difference last season as HC.

This season he had two rookie QBs...Siemian was basically a rookie. The team was playing well in the win against Houston. We lost CJ after that game, then Janovich and Bibbs. I don't know how much Kubiak had to do with signing Stephenson and Okung - you saw Stephenson tonight. Atrocious play from Stephenson is not on Kubiak.

I question Kubiak's cal to keep going with Norwood over several games. I question his call to fake the FG tonight.

The biggest issue I have with Kubiak was offering a player to speak to the team first last week - great leaders do not delegate leadership. So for that kind of decision I question Kubiak's ability as a head coach.

He should have made other moves to get Stephenson out of RT - try Billy Turner.

I'm sure Elway will give it another season - then again you never know. We might see Kubiak step down.

The team literally fell apart after the first game against KC.
                                I agree with much of your post. My main issue is the fact that Kubiak just seems very stubborn and inflexible. I see him as a guy who is stuck in his ways and is not willing to deviate from them even if it could help the team win. I am not an expert, but it seems like he goes with his scripted plays, which usually equal 4-5 series considering the teams continual 3 and outs,, the team gets behind, and then they try to put everything on the shoulders of a second year QB.

To me, a great head coach can evaluate the group of guys he has, collaborate with the coordinators, and then design a scheme that can play up their strengths and try to play down their weaknesses, even if it is different than the game plan that the coach feels most comfortable with. I don't see that in Kubiak. I'm not saying his offense is bad, but trying to force his style of offense for 2 years when he doesn't have the players to execute it sounds like bad coaching to me.
                                Last edited by azBRONCOSaz; 12-25-2016, 11:33 PM. Reason: ETA: Spelling Error

Comment

Working...
                                X