This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2017 Week 1 Preseason Thread - Broncos @ Bears

Are you ready for some football? (cue music)

Yes!!! Football is finally here even if it is preseason.

Interesting, last year our first preseason game was at the Bears.

So, tonight Siemian is scheduled to start though coach Joseph will have both play a quarter to a quarter and a half. Some of the 1s on the line will remain when the 2s come in with Lynch. Aside from the obvious spot at QB, a question that has lingered since last year, there are some other interesting things to watch for, a few are:

Offensive Line: Can they pull it together, protect in pass coverage and open holes for the running game? Lots of new faces here.
    RB by committee: we are deep at RB so every snap for each player is important.
    WR, behind DT and Sanders the fight is for #3. Fans seem to lean toward Taylor but STs may give Latimer (yes him) or Fowler the nod. McKenzie is a lock and will be in on returns as will Latimer.
    TEs, lots of room to stand out here
    STs, Coach Oliver is looking for solid STs play with VJ. I think they'll be aggressive but not at the expense of laziness and blown lanes

Lots of other things to watch for!

FOOTBALL IS BACK!!!!!

As always, stick to the site Code of Conduct, gameday rules are in full effect and our Mods are around for any needs. :thumb:

Go Broncos!

Wow, just saw the Denver Post article saying Miller to sit out tonight's game. Apparently they are trying to keep the injury bug we've had on defense from him. It's not an important game for him but I'll miss seeing him out there on the field

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
      Wow, just saw the Denver Post article saying Miller to sit out tonight's game. Apparently they are trying to keep the injury bug we've had on defense from him. It's not an important game for him but I'll miss seeing him out there on the field
      He shouldn't play any of the preseason games.

Comment

I'm ready for some bronco football. Here's to a successful first year as HC for Joseph. A successful year to whomever wins the QB gig and to the football gods to keep us healthy throughout the year. Also to all my fellow bronco fans on here may you all enjoy a good season with the team we all love!!!!
        :go:

Comment

Thanks for starting this, Rastic.

I'll miss seeing Miller, too, but see why they're doing it.

Enjoy the game, everyone!
          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Derby will be the best TE, assuming Butt doesn't play much this year
            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I am beyond ready for some football. Too bad Von isn't going to play, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
              :logo:Super Bowl Bound! AGAIN!! :smash:

Comment

And here we go. NFL Game Pass.
                Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Get the plays some on filed action, get them used to the speed of the game and get them out healthy. Don't care if we win, just don't get injured.
                  The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Really looking forward to watching both Henderson kids

Comment

Originally posted by Elway View Post
                      Get the plays some on filed action, get them used to the speed of the game and get them out healthy. Don't care if we win, just don't get injured.
                      Absolutely. I am looking forward to watching some of the battles though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuts4koi View Post
                        I am beyond ready for some football. Too bad Von isn't going to play, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
                        I know what Von can do. I want to see the other guys.
                        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

That's the way for the no-fly zone to get started.

Comment

no fly zone showing out

Comment

Beautiful start.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X