• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Idk I thought Orion Stewart was a little better tonight personally
    I thought this as well.

Comment

• Great comeback win tonight!

Comment

• Well I'm not ready to give up on Lynch, but I am extremely disappointed in his play after tonight. The things we could have done with that pick

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
          He did look good. I wonder how he would have looked against 1st D, though. Could have looked totally different.
          Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
          Totally agree, and that's why coaches need to swallow their pride and let him run with the 2s at least next game.
          Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
          Paxton couldnt look good with the 2s or 3s and i doubt TS is any better than Sloter. Sloter appears to be more mobile, slightler stronger arm and keeps his eyes downfield..
          I was talking about Trubisky and our 1st D (see quoted post in my post). Just wanted to clear that up.
          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Hulkamaniac View Post
            Well I'm not ready to give up on Lynch, but I am extremely disappointed in his play after tonight. The things we could have done with that pick
            I know. We'll know more next week. If he plays well, he may have a shot at starting. If he doesn't, though, and Sloter does, I would name Siemian the Week 1 starter and put Kyle in the lead for #2.

Also, the people who defend Siemian and Lynch have to remember this: Those two aren't sacred cows. They aren't an Elway, Peyton, or Montana. They haven't won a darn thing in this league. So, if this Kyle Sloter guy is better, and shows it, the Broncos are doing the wrong thing by not making him the starter at some point this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by elway7777 View Post
              Practice squad? No, he better make the 53 man roster.
              He would get poached from the 53-man roster by Cleveland or some other hapless team with QB issues.

Comment

• I saw some flashes of hope last night, and while I know it is only the first pre season game of the year, the team reminded me a lot of the team from last year. That worries me right now, but I am not ready to hit the panic button just yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBBronco1 View Post
                  I know. We'll know more next week. If he plays well, he may have a shot at starting. If he doesn't, though, and Sloter does, I would name Siemian the Week 1 starter and put Kyle in the lead for #2.

Also, the people who defend Siemian and Lynch have to remember this: Those two aren't sacred cows. They aren't an Elway, Peyton, or Montana. They haven't won a darn thing in this league. So, if this Kyle Sloter guy is better, and shows it, the Broncos are doing the wrong thing by not making him the starter at some point this year.
                  I agree, but VJ already said he has no shot of making it to the 1's this year barring injuries to both Lynch and Siemian.
                  Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                    Tonight showed how ridiculous this QB competition is. All this is doing is hurting both players, Just name Siemian the starter, what's the point of dragging this out.

There's a reason Sloter looked the best, he's actually gotten to practice with the same guys every day
                    lol TS has had an entire season.. and didnt look better than sloter. nice try.

Comment

• Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
                      Sloter also played against the 3rd string defense and PS players for the bears. I think he'd be fine with the 2's, but for now we need to tap the brakes on the Sloter hype
                      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

When did I say that? I clearly said Sloter looked the best....

read/rēd/
                        verb
                        look at and comprehend the meaning of (written or printed matter) by mentally interpreting the characters or symbols of which it is composed.

Comment

• The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Well, what we feared is true. Billy Winn is out and done for the season with an ACL tear.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...fers-torn-acl/
                            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Siemian also looked good as a rookie playing against 3rd-team defenses and that's how he was kept on the 53-man roster instead of going to the practice squad. Then, one offseason later, he was competing for the starting job with Mark Sanchez.

Sloter made a nice throw to Marlon Brown, then threw a bad pass to Scheu that could have been intercepted and had enough time in a clean pocket to find McKenzie down the field.

Siemian is in a QB competition where he can't screw up with the starters and playing against starters, his offensive line failed him at least twice and there were too many penalties. Still, he finished 6 of 7 for 51 yards. Jordan Taylor was the open receiver on that 3rd-down play and he ran a route short of the 1st-down mark. His only incompletion was a ball thrown away because Max Garcia allowed inside pressure.

Just as it was a process for Siemian to impress the coaches, make the team as rookie and get to where he is today. It will be the same with Sloter. There is a long way to go before Sloter is in the conversation to be a starter for this team.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Considering the amount of rules protecting QBs nowadays, we got lucky because the refs missed Edebali hitting Glennon's head during the play where Harris made the pick six.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X