This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    Considering the amount of rules protecting QBs nowadays, we got lucky because the refs missed Edebali hitting Glennon's head during the play where Harris made the pick six.

I mean if we're going there, Edebali got to Glennon as he was throwing despite being clearly held on the play.

Comment

• Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
      I mean if we're going there, Edebali got to Glennon as he was throwing despite being clearly held on the play.
      Holding does not off-set with a personal foul. The refs would enforce the blow to the QB's head and give the Bears an automatic 1st down. If that happens during the regular season, Broncos fans would be made though the refs would be right. Players simply can't hit the QB in the head like that anymore. I think it's silly, but unfortunately these are the rules. I hope Edebali and his coaches see that issue and learn from it.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
        Holding does not off-set with a personal foul. The refs would enforce the blow to the QB's head and give the Bears an automatic 1st down. If that happens during the regular season, Broncos fans would be made though the refs would be right. Players simply can't hit the QB in the head like that anymore. I think it's silly, but unfortunately these are the rules. I hope Edebali and his coaches see that issue and learn from it.
        Point was that it wouldn't have come to it had he not been held. Therefore, it was a good play by the defense either way. It's a preseason game. I want to see the product there. The product was on the three plays the starting D was on the field. I'm not concerned about them missing a touch to the helmet penalty. It's going to happen at some point to every single team during the season. I'm pretty certain Edebali is aware he's not supposed to touch the qb's helmet. Sometimes, it happens. Especially if you're being held, it can be hard to have total control over your body.

Comment

• Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
          Point was that it wouldn't have come to it had he not been held. Therefore, it was a good play by the defense either way. It's a preseason game. I want to see the product there. The product was on the three plays the starting D was on the field. I'm not concerned about them missing a touch to the helmet penalty. It's going to happen at some point to every single team during the season. I'm pretty certain Edebali is aware he's not supposed to touch the qb's helmet. Sometimes, it happens. Especially if you're being held, it can be hard to have total control over your body.
          Yeah I am certain that he is aware.

Kasim is a very clean player and knows the rules inside out. He only got flagged once during his career so far and that was on a offside on punt team during his rooke year.

Comment

Working...
          X