This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    After watching the replay of the game, I feel really good about Siemian and his upside in this offense. He just looks like an NFL QB, in control of the huddle, in control of the calls at the line, making quick decisions that give players a chance to make a play in space. Siemian threw two sharp touchdowns back-to-back with quick throws; one was called back by penalty, but he found Jordan Taylor for the score on the next play. It's night and day between Siemian and Paxton Lynch.

I really want to see how far Siemian can go if he gets time to master this offense and does not have to spend an offseason splitting reps with the starters. The guy has what it takes from the neck up. If he can stop fearing for his job in a QB competition and be more aggressive instead of falling into traps throwing short of the sticks, he might become a viable starter in this league. I don't know what Chad Kelly will show next year, but I hope Siemian gets a chance to be the guy and keeps the job until performance or injury forces a change.
    Thus far it looks like the Broncos will improve with the run game - CJ looks healthy and Henderson is impressive. Incremental improvement with the line on pass protection could really make a difference for Siemian. Siemian was under pressure on the pass to Taylor for the TD. He has the potential to do a lot more with consistent pass protection and plays involving the TEs.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
      Can you give a summary.
      Sorry, that makes sense. Lol. Basically, he stated how it was obvious for all to see that Trevor has won the job. He further alluded that Elway is the true decision maker based on a comment made by Sanders last night. (Sanders stated the front office has a difficult decision, Sandy interprets that to mean not the coaching staff).

He also stated how poorly Lynch has played this preseason. And has been outplayed by many other rookie QBs.

He was very emphatic about the above topics, so much so that he got to his points more quickly than usual.

I'd post a link to the post game show, but not sure how from the app on my phone. I believe you can find it on the fans' website.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
        Sorry, that makes sense. Lol. Basically, he stated how it was obvious for all to see that Trevor has won the job. He further alluded that Elway is the true decision maker based on a comment made by Sanders last night. (Sanders stated the front office has a difficult decision, Sandy interprets that to mean not the coaching staff).

He also stated how poorly Lynch has played this preseason. And has been outplayed by many other rookie QBs.

He was very emphatic about the above topics, so much so that he got to his points more quickly than usual.

I'd post a link to the post game show, but not sure how from the app on my phone. I believe you can find it on the fans' website.
        Thanks. It's been really bugging me that Elway seems to be too involved in these matters. He needs to let the coaches coach and make the decisions.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
          Thanks. It's been really bugging me that Elway seems to be too involved in these matters. He needs to let the coaches coach and make the decisions.
          We only KNOW that he has a say in the deliberation, with an opinion. It is speculation that he has as much power as we say he has.

Comment

Working...
          X