X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2017 Week 4 Preseason Thread - Cardinals @ Broncos

Cardinals @ Broncos 7PM MNT

The final preseason game for the Broncos is just a few hours from now.

By now expectations were that the QB discussion (what controversy?) would be settled by now and though Siemian has taken the starting prize, Paxton Lynch's injury against Green Bay and the expectation he may miss 2 possibly up to 4 games at the start of the season has thrust fan favorite Kyle Sloter in to the driver's seat tonight. (Generally first team offensive and defensive play little to no snaps in the fourth preseason game.) Siemian is the backup and coach VJ said basically he expect Siemian to play only if Sloter needs to come off the field to tie his shoes. Translation, Sloter, the game is yours.

For those who have wanted to see Sloter get more reps with at least the 2s, now is his chance to show something. He's a Bronco, we wish him well

Jordan Taylor will be the emergency backup QB. I really hope we don't need him. Taylor is a QB turned receiver and last played the position in high school.

If that isn't enough intrigue rumors now indicate Denver is "accepting calls" on safety TJ Ward. It's not clear what those rumors are or even if they are true but tonight eyes will be on Will Parks and specifically Jamal Carter who are on the depth cart behind Ward. Justin Simmons deserves attention as well at FS.

In a fourth preseason game I don't expect to see much of the 1s but I am interested in seeing who may getting a coveted roster spot for depth here. I think Garcia is all but gone. Can Sambrailo and/or Schofield hang on?

WRs. We know who #1 and #2 are but #3 and beyond seem still up for grabs. Early reports from camp suggested Latimer and/or Fowler were almost guaranteed with their special teams play but Jordan Taylor has really become a factor and may have the edge.

The last major stand out is the DL. We've had big injuries in camp to Wolfe and Crick and though both are expected back in time for game one, Shelby Harris has not-so-quietly been a standout for all the right reasons. He's a big body that has surprising burst and can occupy space as needed and agile enough to get in to the backfield. I really hope he turns in to something for us.

As always, stick to the COCs and enjoy the game.

He's to an injury free game

Go Broncos!
    Last edited by Rastic; 08-31-2017, 05:18 PM.

go team!!!
    2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Comment

Thanks for starting this, Rastic. You all only had to put up with me once this preseason.

Elway makes his return next week!

Go Broncos!!!
      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Tonight should be interesting. Hope there are no injuries, most importantly.
        Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
          Tonight should be interesting. Hope there are no injuries, most importantly.
          Totally agree. I usually tune out game four of preseason but this has intrigue written all over it.

Comment

Where everybody at?

Comment

Comment

No starters playing tonight, but they all dressed and participated in pregame workouts and play only in emergency situations - except DT. He didn't dress

Comment

Here we go
                  The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

looks like cardinals backups are going to have to use short yardage game
                    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                      No starters playing tonight, but they all dressed and participated in pregame workouts and play only in emergency situations - except DT. He didn't dress
                      DT naked?

Comment

Comment

Tyrique Jarrett looks a lot better now than he did coming out of college. That's good to see.
                          Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Well that didn't work well.
                            :logo:Super Bowl Bound! AGAIN!! :smash:

Comment

PRE4 is hard to watch

Comment

Working...
                              X