This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
    Agree with the Booker draft status. Only reason he's keeping a seat. Hate it, but it's going to be the reality.

On the last bolded part, I don't think you risk Sloter on the open market at this point. That'd be a huge gamble to try to get him to PS at this point IMO
    Or maybe there is some truth to how good and improved he looked before his injury. How would you know?

Comment

• Really? They decided to give this kid jersey #30?

Comment

• So who does Kyle Sloter resemble? Wonder if he is our own Kirk Cousins that wasn't the plan but couldn't be ignored
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by ABQBronco25 View Post
          Really? They decided to give this kid jersey #30?
          Well, it was either #30 or the letter "A".
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by worldsoutro View Post
            Hate to say Lynch is here for a while
            But they could stick him on IR and it with Sloters play tonight it'd be justified.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
              So who does Kyle Sloter resemble? Wonder if he is our own Kirk Cousins that wasn't the plan but couldn't be ignored
              Slight difference. Cousins was chosen early as a backup plan to rg3. Sloter was chosen as a camp arm. No matter what happens to him the rest of his career, he's already exceeded expectations and will always have this preseason to be proud of.

Comment

• Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
                I love all the Sloter "he's only good against 3rd string" eating crow.
                Not sure they're eating crow yet considering he's only playing against the 3s tonight.

That said, he's still a better backup option than Lynch who hasn't looked poised once all preseason against any team string.
                sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                Sig by: MHS

Comment

• So it looks like we are going 4-0 in the preseason. That's usually a good sign. We'll see what happens.
                  Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

Not sure they're eating crow yet considering he's only playing against the 3s tonight.

That said, he's still a better backup option than Lynch who hasn't looked poised once all preseason against any team string.

Every time Sloter plays he pulls ahead of Lynch. Even with Sloter's screw ups tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                      So who does Kyle Sloter resemble? Wonder if he is our own Kirk Cousins that wasn't the plan but couldn't be ignored
                      That's a spot on analogy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                        Or maybe there is some truth to how good and improved he looked before his injury. How would you know?
                        I guess I wouldn't know. I'm just basing it on the fact that he's never looked good yet in public.
                        sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                        Sig by: MHS

Comment

• Feel bad looking at Ward. You can see it on his face. It's rough.

Comment

• Sgt. Sloter did his job, make it hard for Denver to not keep him on the roster. I wonder if they regret making the statement there was nothing he could do to fight for #2 job. He looked like he made a strong case tonight.

Comment

I guess I wouldn't know. I'm just basing it on the fact that he's never looked good yet in public.
                              I guess my point would be that Thompson has never really looked as good as some fans wanted to believe. Tonight he showed more than he ever has after 3 or 4 years. However long it's been. So, I think it's too early to toss aside a talented rb that was in a poor system for his running style as a rookie, coming off a knee injury.

Let's just wait and see if he truly has improved as much as rumors said. Thomson will find a roster. But he doesn't need to be on this roster.

Comment

• I think you could fashion a more cohesive, competent, and competitive Offense for Siemian/Sloter than you could for Siemian/Lynch. Siemian and Sloter mesh more as they can do more of the same things. Maybe Pax could learn for a year on the scout team and develop his own style.

Comment

Working...
                                X