This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    Every time Sloter plays he pulls ahead of Lynch. Even with Sloter's screw ups tonight.
    Yep, 100% true. Based on performance in actual play on the field this year, Lynch can't even hold Sloters jock.
    sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
    Sig by: MHS

Comment

• Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
      I guess my point would be that Thompson has never really looked as good as some fans wanted to believe. Tonight he showed more than he ever has after 3 or 4 years. However long it's been. So, I think it's too early to toss aside a talented rb that was in a poor system for his running style as a rookie, coming off a knee injury.

Let's just wait and see if he truly has improved as much as rumors said. Thomson will find a roster. But he doesn't need to be on this roster.
      Not sure I agree. He's looked good in preseason before but doesn't really seem to show up during the season for whatever reason.

Comment

I think you could fashion a more cohesive, competent, and competitive Offense for Siemian/Sloter than you could for Siemian/Lynch. Siemian and Sloter mesh more as they can do more of the same things. Maybe Pax could learn for a year on the scout team and develop his own style.
        Pax needs to ride the pine on IR and not waste a roster spot.

Comment

Slight difference. Cousins was chosen early as a backup plan to rg3. Sloter was chosen as a camp arm. No matter what happens to him the rest of his career, he's already exceeded expectations and will always have this preseason to be proud of.
          Agreed. He's earned a spot somewhere on a team, which is extremely hard coming from an undrafted status. He may go the path of Romo as well and become a franchise QB if he can keep on playing this way.
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

I guess my point would be that Thompson has never really looked as good as some fans wanted to believe. Tonight he showed more than he ever has after 3 or 4 years. However long it's been. So, I think it's too early to toss aside a talented rb that was in a poor system for his running style as a rookie, coming off a knee injury.

Let's just wait and see if he truly has improved as much as rumors said. Thomson will find a roster. But he doesn't need to be on this roster.
            My motivation has nothing to do with being a fanboi for Thompson. I'd rather keep Ridley than Booker as well.

Either way though, Booker is going to stay so we're going to find out what he has because of his draft status, one way or another. I just don't think he has it in him when it really comes down to it; but we'll find out one way or another.
            sigpic

Comment

I think you could fashion a more cohesive, competent, and competitive Offense for Siemian/Sloter than you could for Siemian/Lynch. Siemian and Sloter mesh more as they can do more of the same things. Maybe Pax could learn for a year on the scout team and develop his own style.
              I cant agree more. Every time I hear people talk about having two game-plans 1 for Trev one for Pax it infuriates me. If paxton cant run a normal NFL offense he shouldn't be here. I have never understood why anyone would pick a QB from a spread offense collegiate system. They dont do well. Trev/Slot meshes very well, you can keep the same gameplan for both guys. Well said.
              https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FN_zd9ZXMAUYam4?format=jpg&name=large
              BCMB Div I | BCMB FF Smackdown

Comment

• Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
                Pax needs to ride the pine on IR and not waste a roster spot.
                They won't put him on IR, because if he's on IR then he can't practice. They definitely will not do that to a 1st round pick in year two. So he's going to be active whether we want it or not, unfortunately.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
                  They won't put him on IR, because if he's on IR then he can't practice. They definitely will not do that to a 1st round pick in year two. So he's going to be active whether we want it or not, unfortunately.
                  that's where I think it stands as well. Unfortunately as badly as I want Sloter to make the roster as our #2, I really don't think it can beat the FO politics. If Lynch goes to IR his career as a Bronco is essentially over. His best chance will come being a backup in the toughest schedule in the league. It really does reflect back to how much the FO really does treat players based on draft status and how premature it was to say that Sloter could not play the #2 no matter what. Really shortsighted imo now with what we have just seen.
                  Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Yeah, it's the 3s but:

15 23 220 65.2 9.57 32 1 0 110.8
                    That is sure to get someone's attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                      Not sure I agree. He's looked good in preseason before but doesn't really seem to show up during the season for whatever reason.
                      Once isn't a trend. If the idea is that he looked way better before his injury than he ever did last year, we can't just fault him for something that happened once. If the coaches saw enough in him before his injury, then I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. Especially considering that even if you keep Thompson or Ridley, it's not like they're going to impact the game offensively. Unless at least two injuries occur, of course. Which could happen I suppose.
                      Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 08-31-2017, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                        that's where I think it stands as well. Unfortunately as badly as I want Sloter to make the roster as our #2, I really don't think it can beat the FO politics. If Lynch goes to IR his career as a Bronco is essentially over. His best chance will come being a backup in the toughest schedule in the league. It really does reflect back to how much the FO really does treat players based on draft status and how premature it was to say that Sloter could not play the #2 no matter what. Really shortsighted imo now with what we have just seen.
                        In fairness, it might seem shortsighted based on your assumptions. We do not know the reasons for decisions that have or have not been made.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                          Yeah it kinda bothers me how the FO handled all of this, and bothers me even more that Vance came out and said that so matter-of-fact that Sloter had no chance. It gives credence to the idea that the FO is just using Vance as a puppet.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                            Yeah, it's the 3s but:

15 23 220 65.2 9.57 32 1 0 110.8
                            That is sure to get someone's attention.
                            wonder if there's a compilation of all 4 games for him. That'll probably make a statement more than anything
                            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• CJ Anderson ran against 3s well and he's been a good back. This "against the 3s" argument is kinda pathetic and a straw man

Comment

• I may be crazy, but I've been more impressed with Orion Stewart than Carter in each game I've watched this preseason. And Stewart played for Baylor. As a kstate fan, I hate Baylor. So, I'm definitely not biased toward him. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X