This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    In fairness, it might seem shortsighted based on your assumptions. We do not know the reasons for decisions that have or have not been made.
    I really can't think of anything off the top of my head that doesn't scream politics as far as why Sloter may not get the backup position. If it's potential, well he made it pretty clear he has tons of that tonight. If it's the playbook, sure, maybe Sloter only sees a fraction of that of what is reserved for the starters. But it can't be as bad as going to the college-playbook level for Lynch. If it's because he hasn't played with the one's or built chemistry with them, I guess I could buy that, but neither would any vet that comes in that wouldn't be as familiar with McCoy's system.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 08-31-2017, 09:28 PM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
      CJ Anderson ran against 3s well and he's been a good back. This "against the 3s" argument is kinda pathetic and a straw man
      Dude, no one is arguing against Sloter anymore. Lol not everyone is willing to say he's the best on the roster and is a lock for the hall of fame. But, it feels like you're arguing at no one. They say he's doing this against 3's. That's a fact. It's not a knock on him. People are well aware that you can only play against those that are put out there against you. They're not saying he CAN'T be good because if it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
        wonder if there's a compilation of all 4 games for him. That'll probably make a statement more than anything
        The first 3 games he looked like this:

3 16 20 193 80 9.7 47 2 0 2 11 140.2
        Edit: Andrew Mason
        Last edited by Rastic; 08-31-2017, 09:39 PM.

Comment

CJ Anderson ran against 3s well and he's been a good back. This "against the 3s" argument is kinda pathetic and a straw man
          Haha, really? Then why are so many of the 3s cut immediately when teams have to trim down their roster?

Comment

• When you dominate the 3s and 2s that's always impressive. Always. Good players dominate scrubs. Why doesn't anyone say "carter is just going against 3s though?" Because he looks great that's why

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
              I really can't think of anything off the top of my head that doesn't scream politics as far as why Sloter may not get the backup position. If it's potential, well he made it pretty clear he has tons of that tonight. If it's the playbook, sure, maybe Sloter only sees a fraction of that of what is reserved for the starters. But it can't be as bad as going to the college-playbook level for Lynch. If it's because he hasn't played with the one's or built chemistry with them, I guess I could buy that.
              I would not be surprised nor bothered that the expectations for Lynch are higher. The team has an investment in him and want to realize a return. It's no different than any investment so that they might possibly prefer Lynch over Sloter doesn't bother me when looked at from a business perspective. It should be no surprise they may give Lynch some slack when it was known he was / is a project QB with a number of analysts seeing him as a 2/3 year project. Neither does it bother me that Sloter, with his only way of hanging on, goes out and turns heads. That's his only chance to get on the radar and he's done everything he could and done it well.

I get the passion and emotion we have for the team but I also, to a degree, can understand and accept the challenges the FO has with personnel. It's just a reality and doesn't have to have political motivation or any other negatives people might want to attach to it. I also get and understand that just like players on the field, the FO can and does make mistakes but what they eventually do with Sloter shouldn't be a millstone hung around their neck because it doesn't agree with what the fans want even if it turn out to be a dumb decision.

Comment

• Did anybody else think Sloter's bootlegs were beautiful?

The kid is energetic. It would be a great Cinderella story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                  I would not be surprised nor bothered that the expectations for Lynch are higher. The team has an investment in him and want to realize a return. It's no different than any investment so that they might possibly prefer Lynch over Sloter doesn't bother me when looked at from a business perspective. It should be no surprise they may give Lynch some slack when it was known he was / is a project QB with a number of analysts seeing him as a 2/3 year project. Neither does it bother me that Sloter, with his only way of hanging on, goes out and turns heads. That's his only chance to get on the radar and he's done everything he could and done it well.

I get the passion and emotion we have for the team but I also, to a degree, can understand and accept the challenges the FO has with personnel. It's just a reality and doesn't have to have political motivation or any other negatives people might want to attach to it. I also get and understand that just like players on the field, the FO can and does make mistakes but what they eventually do with Sloter shouldn't be a millstone hung around their neck because it doesn't agree with what the fans want even if it turn out to be a dumb decision.
                  I don't agree nor respect that on the front office perspective. We all know Lynch is hot trash and even worse than Brock - far worse. You're supposed to change your mind when presented with new data. If we try to stash Sloter away on the practice squad that would be unforgivable considering we didn't risk trevor getting away when he didn't play as well and we were more "set" at QB. JE better swallow his pride and move forward with the better player

Comment

I don't agree nor respect that on the front office perspective. We all know Lynch is hot trash and even worse than Brock - far worse. You're supposed to change your mind when presented with new data. If we try to stash Sloter away on the practice squad that would be unforgivable considering we didn't risk trevor getting away when he didn't play as well and we were more "set" at QB. JE better swallow his pride and move forward with the better player
                    Whether you agree with it and respect it or not does not make it less of a factor for the people who are actually in a position to make a decision.

And if Elway doesn't swallow the pride you seem to know he harbors, what then?

Comment

I agree with you here. And to Rastics point, I think it's equally bad business practice to pass on the most obvious best option, than to cling to something and ride it until then end because you've got s lot invested in it.

I'm not saying Lynch needs to be cut, but he needs a serious reality check because he didn't take this off-season seriously at all. It's like he spit in the face of the FO that put tons of faith in him.
                      sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                      Sig by: MHS

Comment

• Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
                        I agree with you here. And to Rastics point, I think it's equally bad business practice to pass on the most obvious best option, than to cling to something and ride it until then end because you've got s lot invested in it.

I'm not saying Lynch needs to be cut, but he needs a serious reality check because he didn't take this off-season seriously at all. It's like he spit in the face of the FO that put tons of faith in him.
                        I didn't get the impression that Lynch was not serious about the off-season. The impression I got was he might have been too concerned with the athletics than the study.

For what it's worth, I really think Sloter made an impression tonight. It isn't just that he went out and did well but he has shown a tenacity like a fighter, at least as far as we can tell. Lynch is a lock for the roster, whatever, it is what it is. I would not mind at all for them to carry Sloter.

Comment

agreed. You pick the best player, and it really should be that simple. One of the most stated Wall street quotes is "Cut your losses short and let your winners run" - even if that loss would be a high draft blue chip stock. The more the Broncos invest in Lynch and bypass talent that actually is producing the more the team is dragged down and the locker room completely lost. Already Siemian will likely feel the effects of this due to the lack of reps he received in training camp with the 1's, and now Sloter may not even be a Bronco by the start of the season due to the Broncos investing so heavily in Lynch.

Consider the fact that the Broncos are having to employ college-level plays in order to accomodate Lynch, that's how far behind he is going to be. If by next year he is just simply average, how many seasons, talented personnel, and contract extensions will he go through before he can play at a starter level?
                          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Wow, some of those throws Sloter made today....

The one where he scrambled to the left, and while running rifles it across his body and into the receivers chest.

How many QBs in the NFL can make that throw? And make it look so easy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                              Wow, some of those throws Sloter made today....

The one where he scrambled to the left, and while running rifles it across his body and into the receivers chest.

How many QBs in the NFL can make that throw? And make it look so easy?
                              Eleventeen

Comment

They won't put him on IR, because if he's on IR then he can't practice. They definitely will not do that to a 1st round pick in year two. So he's going to be active whether we want it or not, unfortunately.
                                He can go back to Florida and practice with his favorite QB instructor! Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X