X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread: 2017: Week 2: Cowboys vs Broncos

Hello Broncomaniacs,

Welcome to week 2 of the NFL, This Episode: How bout them Cowboys.

A marquee matchup if there ever was. I don't think it will be the 51-48 shoot out in Dallas like the last time we met.

We last lost to the Cowboys in 1995 in week 2 at Dallas, it was Shanny's 2nd game as a head coach.
    Elway beat them in 1998, a route where TD had went wild with 2 runs over 60 yards.
    Griese edges them out in a win in Dallas in 2001 in a Thanksgiving game (26-24)
    Plummer beats them in Dallas on 2005 for a Thanksgiving game (24-21)
    Orton even managed to get the job done in 2009 (17-10)
    Manning in an instant classic in 2013.

So can Siemian live up the Legacy of the last 5 Bronco QBs who faced America's Team.

Week 1 was interesting. We had a good running game. Oline was horrendous in the pass blocking. Despite that Trevor made some great plays on the run. Special teams played well. Heck Fowler even caught 2 TDs. Refs blew some calls such as PI on the interception, which led to a Chargers TD and a blatant hold after Charles fumble which led to another TD. Still bad calls will happen during a game. The NO FLY zone gave up 2 TDs just a few minutes apart when we should have been finishing up the game and closing it out strong. A blocked field goal saved the day for us, it should not have been that close.

Now we need the No Fly zone to be the No Run Zone. Zeke is a bad boy out there and Dak can certainly roll out and move the chains with his feet. With Witten , Dez , Williams and Beasley out there they have a nice set of offensive playmakers. The D will be tested again. Hopefully the crowd will be part of it and make as much noise as they did last week. :thumb:

We have past history on our side, what about Week 2 history. Well in the last 10 years the Broncos have went 9-1 in game # 2. 7 of those games at home, 2 on the road. The only loss in 2012 which was Game 2 for Manning as a Bronco, having a bad day in Atlanta.

So can and will we get it done? There were some questionable calls on offense, some impressive throws by Trevor. Hopefully we get some pressure on Dak and get some sacks going. This will not be an easy game. Vance will need all the help he can get from his coordinators as this will be a major test for him and where this team is at.

We need the W, we need to come out of this game healthy, we are getting thin at some positions. Let's see if we can get the job done in this fantastic match up.

As a reminder, please be mindful of what you post. The mods do a great job here and can never receive enough thanks for the work they do. Please follow the COC and help make their jobs easier. As always looking forward to a great season. GO BRONCOS!!!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

GO BRONCOS !!!

STOMP THE cowgirls !!!

GO "D" --- SACK dak !!!

Broncos 42
    cowgirls 13

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

You are pretty damn quick AZ!!
      The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elway View Post
        You are pretty damn quick AZ!!
        Like I said Elway, fool me once.........
        Glad to have you back with us for your 13th consecutive year Official Game Day Thread !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
        The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
        http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
        My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

I am looking forward to this game!

The trenches are going to define this game. Last week our run defense looked much better than last year so I think defensively we aren't in as bad shape as if we played Dallas then. If we neutralize Elliot and make Prescott beat us with his arm we stand a good chance.

On opposite sides, we saw some encouraging spark from the offense. Siemian made some mistakes you'd expect from a second year starter but also showed some impressive skill with crisp throws in tight windows. Of course much of that is overshadowed by our OL on the right. Thankfully Leary is cleared to play though he is listed as questionable; I hope he can make it and I hope McCoy and VJ work to help the RT. Fortunately, we aren't facing a relentless pass rush like we did with Bosa and Ingram - that should offer precious time. With Leary and better run blocking I think we stand a good chance managing the clock and keeping the score close.

Have a great game and no injuries

Go Broncos!

Comment

Looking forward to a great game!

GO BRONCOS!!!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
            Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
            Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
            Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
            I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              sigpic
              2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
              2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
              BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

I have our defense on fanduel. I hope they strip sack and intercept all game.

Comment

The Big D, will be Denver’s defense. Dak is about to get shelled.

Go Broncos!!!!!
                  To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Go Broncos!!!
                    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Yay. Game day thread.... can't wait.... get to sit and watch this one! The world better leave me alone!

But I'll be watching everyone here.......
                      sigpic

Comment

What does everybody want to see? I wanna see Talib pick 6, Miller strip sack for a td, and Trev throw for 350 yards. I dont think were gonna see much rushing this game. Yet, I bet we have a game plan for this game that is gonna surprise them.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                          Yay. Game day thread.... can't wait.... get to sit and watch this one! The world better leave me alone!

But I'll be watching everyone here.......
                          And I'll be watching you.

Comment

Emmanuel Sanders made two great statements in his presser:

First was asked about the media and how "they" are claiming the Broncos as underdogs.

He said, who's "they?" Why should we listen to "they?" Don't know any "they."

Then he was asked about playing against "America's Team."

He said, all 32 teams are "America's Team" because we all play in America. Lol

Gotta love it. Great answers Eman. :clap:
                            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I am excited.
                              I get this one on TV and at a reasonable not so unearthly hour!
                              I just hope the Broncos don't fall asleep in the 4th quarter this week!

Comment

Working...
                              X