X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread: 2017: Week 3: Broncos vs Bills

Hello Broncomaniacs,

AZ I know your out there waiting!

Here we are at 2 and 0 for the 5th straight year. 3 of those prior years we made the playoffs, last year... um well

So we're here fresh off of a beat down of Dallas. Dez was deflated and Zeke got zapped like never before. No Fly Zone lived uo their name for the most part. We had a bad fumble and bad Int, but overall we played well on offense. Trev was accurate, most of the game he had time to throw. O-line opened some lanes and the running game looked good.

Now comes one of the parts I don't like, A 1pm early start. The first of four that we have this year. Not a fan.
    Which brings me up to our weekly history lesson. In the last Ten Years we have went 5-5 in Game 3 of the season. We were 3-2 in away games and 2-3 in home games. So we actual did better in away games. The last 3 years we were on the road for game 3. We lost to Seattle in 14, We beat the Lion and Bengals in 15 & 16. So we have some history there.

How do we do vs the Bills.
    Elway beat the in 95 & 97 Griese beat them in 2002
    Cutler beat them in 2007 and lost to them in 2008
    Tebow had no magic for them in 2011, Peyton beat them in 2014. So it mostly favors us.

Through two games we lead them in passing and running yards per game. Tyrod Taylor has 2 passing TDs while Trevor has 6. Still they have LeSean McCoy who can run it, and Taylor as 93 rushing yards per two games. So containment will be a priority. D has been flying to the ball, and the Run defense was stellar last week, I hope the trend continues.

We need to be creative in the play calling. I think the Bills D will be ready for any Red zone bootlegs after last week. Also we need to stay healthy. Quite a few players got dinged last week. Also we need McManus to start nailing the long ones this season. We are in a 3 way tie for first and can't afford to lose players or ground. We need the Win. So hopefully the Broncos can win their first road game of the season and overcome the early start.

As a reminder, please be mindful of what you post. The mods do a great job here and can never receive enough thanks for the work they do. Please follow the COC and help make their jobs easier. As always looking forward to a great season. GO BRONCOS!!!
    Last edited by Elway; 09-23-2017, 09:37 PM.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Yes sir I am !!!

GO BRONCOS !!!

STOMP THE billz !!!

GO "D" --- SACK tyrod !!!

Broncos 42
    billz 13

Originally posted by Nomad View Post
    Just win the game, BRONCOS!:defense:

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Can't wait to see if our offense can pick up where it left off. Also not sure if I've heard an official word if Bolles will be playing - anyone know yet? Even if our offense struggles, it's really hard for me to imagine the Bills beating our D. Some people have been claiming this as a trap game - I really don't think that's the case. The team will be focused and ready to go.

GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Originally posted by OrangestJuice View Post
        Can't wait to see if our offense can pick up where it left off. Also not sure if I've heard an official word if Bolles will be playing - anyone know yet? Even if our offense struggles, it's really hard for me to imagine the Bills beating our D. Some people have been claiming this as a trap game - I really don't think that's the case. The team will be focused and ready to go.

GO BRONCOS!
        Bolles practiced this well but I wouldn't mind if they let him sit out this game to heal

Comment

Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          sigpic
          2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
          2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
          BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

Beat the rest of the slow poke mods and got the sticky

today is a good day.

can't wait for this game tomorrow
            Last edited by Remedy; 09-23-2017, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
              Beat the rest of the slow poke mods and got the sticky :cofffee:

today is a good day.

Agreed. Let's kick the livin snot out of the Bills!
              sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Have to respect Buffalo’s front seven (though it's a bit thinned by injuries). They have the firepower to potentially disrupt our ground game and force Trevor to throw early. Huge test for Siemian and our offensive line on the road!

The bad news for Buffalo, our defense has the firepower to completely blowup the game – it’s D-Day, baby!

To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

early start time never easy for us should be a good game n we can not turn it over another 2 x n keep up our run game n hopefully we can keep taylor in the pocket....sounds like both teams are with out starting LT's

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                    Have to respect Buffalo’s front seven (though it's a bit thinned by injuries). They have the firepower to potentially disrupt our ground game and force Trevor to throw early. Huge test for Siemian and our offensive line on the road!

The bad news for Buffalo, our defense has the firepower to completely blowup the game – it’s D-Day, baby!

yes hopefully we can get a good pass rush n keep up the great run D we have had so far but McCoy will be tough match up

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                      Beat the rest of the slow poke mods and got the sticky

today is a good day.

Hey, I eventually get here.

Now, AZ is fast. Two weeks in a row to be first?

Hey, AZ! You were right last week. I think you're right about this game.

Thanks, Elway! Great job as always.

Go Broncos!!
                      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Week 3. Early game. Can't wait.

GO BRONCOS
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bronco30 View Post
                          early start time never easy for us should be a good game n we can not turn it over another 2 x n keep up our run game n hopefully we can keep taylor in the pocket....sounds like both teams are with out starting LT's
                          I always believed it, but the early game struggles is actually just a myth. Since Elway took over in 2011 the Broncos are 13-4 in early games (76%), and 54-25 in all other games (68%). So we actually have a better win percentage in the early games. Also, of those 4 losses, 2 came in 2011, meaning we've only lost 2 early games the last 5 years.
                          Last edited by Broncos-R-Great; 09-24-2017, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Nervous as always. Hoping for an easy, non anxiety inducing win.. Oh, and no injuries.

Comment

Today is a GREAT day! Almost flew up for the game. I think we come out with the same game plan as last week, score early and force them to throw into the NFZ (We all know how that will go!) Great test early on for Trev and the OL.

I love the London game weekends, 15+ hours of football Go Broncos!
                              sigpic
                              ******** Adopt a Bronco 2019 | #70 Ja'wuan James :thumb: ********
                              ***** Adopt a Bronco 2017-18 | #72 Garett Bolles *****

Comment

Working...
                              X