X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread: 2017: Week 4: Raiders vs Broncos

Hello Broncomaniacs,

Well here we are after a rough week. Last week was littered with upsets across the NFL and back lash over protests from players and teams. On top of that our team decided to play some subpar ball and lose the game to the Bills. Trevor had 2 ints, we had a questionable fake punt call, and a ref whose undies were so tight he flagged Miller for joking with Taylor, which sealed the loss for us. Not that we should have been in that position to begin with.

So how do we right the ship, well Raider Hater week part 1 is a good start! Whether they are in LA, Oakland or Vegas, I hate them across the board.

Raider got smacked hard by the Redskins last week, it was enjoyable to watch, but it leaves KC one game up on both of us. We need this win. We need it bad. Last time we faced the Raiders they were without Carr and were a shell of themselves and easy pickings. In the matchup prior to that Mack ate the offensive line for breakfast and was all over Trevor as if he was giving out free piggy back rides.

We need the No fly zone to be strong. We need to be good vs the run. Don't let beastmode wear us out so the play action works. In the last 4 meetings Denver has did well vs Cooper and Crabtree. We gave up and average of 37 years to each of them per game and only one touch down to them during that period. Crabtree and Cooper currently lead the league in drops, lets keep the hits coming.

So how do we do in game 4 of a season, well thankfully better than our game 3 average. Over the last 10 years we have went 7-3. Of the seven wins 5 were at home , 2 on the road. Of the 3 losses they were all on the road. In fact we have won our 4th game of the season the last 5 years in a row, and 7 of the last 8. Still the Raiders will not be an easy out.

Next week is the bye week, so we really need to be 3-1 as opposed to 2-2. That would not be good. We are at home and the game is nationally televised. I am hoping we see the Broncos of weeks 1 & 2, and not the farce of a team that bungled it in Buffalo.

We still have a great run game, and Charles is starting to look like he is coming back to form. If we can get him and CJ pounding out the yards, Trevor should find success in the air if we can keep mack off his back for 3 seconds. Certainly hope we can.

As a constant reminder, please be mindful of what you post. The mods do a great job here regardless of if we win or lose, and they can never receive enough thanks for the work they do. Please follow the COC and help make their jobs easier. As always looking forward to a great season. GO BRONCOS!!
    Last edited by Elway; 10-01-2017, 01:56 PM.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

When a Mod can please edit the week 14 title to week 4 Thank you in advance!

Comment

GO BRONCOS !!!

BEAT THE faiders !!!

Denver 42

Oakland 13

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

hiya AZ, knew you were out there waiting to pounce

Comment

Originally posted by Elway View Post
          hiya AZ, knew you were out there waiting to pounce.
          Good to see you too Elway !!
          Yep, I've been waiting all week for this redemption game !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Go broncos!!!!
            I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
            I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
            I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
            "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
            God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
            Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

Great opening post!

I'm pretty confident in the broncos here, our defense is best suited to pressure pocket qbs and downfield offenses, which Oakland possesses.

I'll say 31-20

Comment

Broncos always lose them in two's...

BUT I'm not gonna be a Debbie_downer this week plus they don't even play defense in Oakland so I'm calling it now, Broncos 38-17

Comment

Broncos got this. Home game, best defense in the league.
                  Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

im ready to see talib vs crabtree round 2 see if he wears that goofy chain again lol and on more serious note we can not keep turning the ball over hopefully we don't tomorrow

Comment

Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      sigpic
                      2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                      2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                      BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

GO BRONCOS!! DUMP THE RAIDERS!!
                        Last edited by Nuts4koi; 09-30-2017, 10:02 PM.
                        :logo:Super Bowl Bound! AGAIN!! :smash:

Comment

When a Mod can please edit the week 14 title to week 4 Thank you in advance!
                          Got it.

hiya AZ, knew you were out there waiting to pounce
                          Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Good to see you too Elway !!
                          Yep, I've been waiting all week for this redemption game !!!

I was waiting, too, and got interrupted. Not that I stalk you.

Raiders always play us hard. Contain Mack, keep Carr on the ground...we got this.

Go Broncos!!!
                          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                            Got it.

I was waiting, too, and got interrupted. Not that I stalk you.

Raiders always play us hard. Contain Mack, keep Carr on the ground...we got this.

Go Broncos!!!
                            Watson vs mack ouch he will need help

Comment

Go Broncos!!!

To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Working...
                              X