This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MajorFriend View Post
    TS had a bad game, the game was over on the pick 6. It's probably the worst game he's had.

The coaching staff had a horrendous game. 27 of the first 36 offensive play calls were passes. We are a run first offense, we have been succeeding in the run, we can't win if TS has to throw more than 30 times and you called 27 passes in the first half. You can't run on 25% your plays with the game within one score and expect to win. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

And defensive coaching was probably worse. The Giants are down to scrubs off the street on receivers. You know their weapons are Engram and Vereen, and we cover Engram with LBs! The guy has a huge night and you knew going in he was the only one you had to stop. Pathetic game planning.

Add this to the fact that the media from everywhere was saying all week how the Giants had no shot, it's the coaching staff responsibility to make the players focus on this game. Playing a winless team is always going to be one of the most dangerous games you'll play. But the coaches clearly didn't get the players to take this week seriously. VJ didn't even take this week seriously and was looking ahead to KC. Then at half time you're down 17-3 you say everything is fine and you've done well so far? Wake up, everything is not fine. Sometimes it just seems the obvious always gets by this staff. Really really bad by this staff, and they had 2 weeks to prepare. But I bet nothing changes next week. Nothing has changed for the offense in 2 and a half years.
    When a team is selling out to stop the run because they don't think your QB can do anything to hurt them, you kind of have your hand forced. The only way to change that is for Siemian to make plays to back the defense off, and for the last 3 games he's been incapable of doing anything close to that. Expect to see the same thing next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red_Label View Post
      Makes me sick to think about the atmosphere in sports bars all over KC and Oakland tonight.
      Screw them. They lost today too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        When a team is selling out to stop the run because they don't think your QB can do anything to hurt them, you kind of have your hand forced. The only way to change that is for Siemian to make plays to back the defense off, and for the last 3 games he's been incapable of doing anything close to that. Expect to see the same thing next week.
        And that was exactly what happened last season...and he still struggles
        sigpic
        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• last 3 games we've scored

How many games do we have to wait till it is good enough. This game isn't just a single game that we can compartmentalize into a write off.

This offense needs to improve. McManus isn't helping things. If he makes his kicks, the whole complexion is different but those 2 INT's are the sole reason the Broncos couldn't climb back into this one
          Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

• Who got hurt in this game? I saw Watson was out at the end. Did we lose Sanders? and McKenzie too? And maybe Trevor
            Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
              Who got hurt in this game? I saw Watson was out at the end. Did we lose Sanders? and McKenzie too? And maybe Trevor
              Yes, yes, yes, and yes

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                last 3 games we've scored

How many games do we have to wait till it is good enough. This game isn't just a single game that we can compartmentalize into a write off.

This offense needs to improve. McManus isn't helping things. If he makes his kicks, the whole complexion is different but those 2 INT's are the sole reason the Broncos couldn't climb back into this one
                This offense lacks leadership, they need somebody who can make a play when things aren't going your way and turn it around.

I don't know what the answer is, maybe a QB change would spark them, but Brock isn't any better than Siemian, we saw that on his one drive. Since the Cowboys win, the offense has looked worse every week, it seems like Buffalo exposed them pretty bad.

I guess if there is any positives it's the the pretty much the rest of the NFL looks pretty bad too, it feels like this year it's a bunch of 8-8 teams dueling it out every week.

Comment

You go to battle with the army you have not the army you wish you had.

We don't have a QB that can make those plays so you have to have some offensive creativity, you have to help him out. Spread the formation, call some TE screens, and once in a while you just have to man up and run against the 8 in the box. It's bad QB play and bad coaching.

Comment

Nope. You're trying too hard to defend Siemian. He changed the play into a bad call, that shows a glaring lack of situational awareness. That play is his biggest red flag (and there were several) of the evening.
                    Not at all, no need to try, I am stating facts. Siemian checked into a play and we got across the first down marker. I'd call that a success until DT fumbles. He had a lot of bad moments tonight but that wasn't one of them. You are reaching too hard on this one, it's actually funny.

Comment

I feel like you can always tell how the Broncos will do in a game after the first drive by each team. Tonight I looked at my GF during the Giants first drive and said to her the Broncos were going to lose tonight. They just never looked competitive.
                      Feel the same way. With this team, you can tell early. They have no ability to adjust or turn the tide if things go poorly. They just keep doing poorly.

It feels as if they have very little competitive spirit. Not sure if that's coaching or just lack of leadership on the field or both.

Comment

• Originally posted by SwedeBronco View Post
                        Screw them. They lost today too.
                        Yea but they lost to teams that people knew could beat them.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
                          Feel the same way. With this team, you can tell early. They have no ability to adjust or turn the tide if things go poorly. They just keep doing poorly.

It feels as if they have very little competitive spirit. Not sure if that's coaching or just lack of leadership on the field or both.
                          Entire team lacks mental and physical toughness. Making one contested catch just shakes them all up.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
                            ELWAY WE NEED A REAL QB. Tired of stop gap QBs that can't win us games. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            He's on line 1 taking complaints about the garbage o-line he's assembled.

Comment

• i imagine its already been said but the offense gets an F from me they just have NO room for error when trevor missed derby that'd been 1st n 10 inside the 15, missed wide open charles that'd been 1st n 10 inside 25 n then numerous other bad decisions/throws by trevor to n then of course there is our kicker signs an extension n goes straight down hill unreal....

its been that since 3rd game of this season n looks pretty much looks like last year all over again can't convert 3rd downs, red zone stinks and run game is little to none n OL having break downs...now we go on a 3 game tough road trip ouch which imo will determine our season

Comment

• the other I forgot why the heck did we not double the TE all night he was there only wr threat just pitiful n give up 116yds to unknown guy rushing

Comment

Working...
                                X