This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread: 2017: Week 6: Giants vs Broncos

Hello Everyone, Posting this a little early tonight.

Hope all had a relaxing bye week, but now until the end of the year it all business. 12 Games in a row, 5 Home games, 7 roads games, 3 of them 1 o'clock east coast tilts. Not a fan.

So we start this journey with a home tilt vs the winless NY Giants. Could be a trap game, but I think after the bye week, the fact it is a home game and after the Buffalo game we will be ready. Sucks for the Giants that their Receiving corps got banged up, but that is not our issue. They will still fight, but it should be a winnable game for us. NY thinks they found a running back in Darkwa , but we shut down Gordon, Elliot,Lynch and McCoy to less than 100 yards running combined. D has done much better job.

We still have issues though, O-line could be better, Trevor doesn't always make the best decisions, Dt has went 10 games without a TD and McManus has missed a few he should have made. Overall we don't have a bad team, but pieces we need to work better on.

The Giants D ranks 29th so this would be a good game to try and get the offense clicking the way we want.
    Giants average about 250 pass yards per game. That is about 50 more than Denver.

So in Game 5 tilts how do we do? Well in the last decade we've done mediocre 5-5. Of the 5 wins 2 were at home, 3 on the road. Of the 5 losses 3 were at home, 2 were on the road. So 2-3 At home. Not great stats.
    Last year we lost game 5 to the Falcons, no shame in that. Losing to the Giant 0-5 Giants would be harder to swallow.

We have a long road ahead of us, we need to find our Mojo. Run game has been great. I like our use of Tight Ends so far this season. Play calling could be better in spots, overall though I like what we've done on offense.
    We are not trying to have Trevor win games for us. It is not all on the D either. I know it is a late game, but I am hoping for Denver it is a good one, where we don't lose anyone to injury. :thumb:

Now for my usual reminder. Please be mindful of what you post. Regardless of the outcome of the game. The mods do a great job here and they can never receive enough thanks for the work they do. Please follow the COC and help make their jobs easier. As always looking forward to a great season. GO BRONCOS!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sigpic
    2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

Thanks, Elway!

Go Broncos!!!!
      Administrator
      sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
        Thanks, Elway!

Go Broncos!!!!
        My pleasure Peanut
        The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

If we don't hold the Giants to negative points, I'm going to be upset.

Go Broncos!!!
          To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
            Thanks, Elway!

Go Broncos!!!!

YES, Thank you Elway !!!

GO BRONCOS !!!

BEAT THE giantz !!!

Denver 42

giantz 13

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
            The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
            http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
            My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

GO Broncos!

Let's start this 2nd quarter with a statement win...

Or day I dream? A shutout?
              sigpic

Comment

on paper this should be a blow out they can't run it and now lost their best wr and can't pass protect very well not a good combination vs our defense but the way our offense has been going we keep teams hanging around....hope tonight we do not start fast and stay that way through out

Comment

I randomly decided to look on ticketmaster to see what the resale tickets were going for... Just out of curiosity... Well, now I'm going to the game solo, at face value.
                  :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                  Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                    I randomly decided to look on ticketmaster to see what the resale tickets were going for... Just out of curiosity... Well, now I'm going to the game solo, at face value.
                    That sounds like a good reason to go.

I check Baltimore and Washington occasionally and see some decent prices. Gives me hope, right? For some reason, when the Broncos come here the price doubles (or more).

Yell loud and hold a big sign that says "FRENCHY" so we can find you.
                    Administrator
                    sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

I just so happened to move my vacation a week earlier because my friend was working, realized we were playing the Giants at home and got 1 ticket for $160(after using thatsgoodsports discount code)

Comment

the giants are even more depleted than I thought I see starting wr shepard rb perkins center richburg and lb casillas all out and a back up DE wow no way we should lose this game

Comment

BLAM! BLAM!
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

GO BRONCOS!!!!!
                            Last edited by 80stheman; 10-15-2017, 08:13 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Okay, who gets the first pick 6 today? Talib or Harris? Or other?
                              What say you Broncos fans.

Comment

Working...
                              X