X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dotst
    replied
    Rewatched the condensed version. Yeah we didnt play our best but if we dont make a few mistakes, we still couldve won this game.

Not miss the chip shot McManus makes almost every time, we couldve been 17-6 at the half. We will even keep his pick 6 in there. The TD we got later in the game and their field goal puts the score at 20-13. If we do make it at the half yard line and they get their field goal, looking at 23-20. I know 'ifs and buts'.. but a chip shot and getting a half yard touchdown? That doesnt seem too much to ask.

If Siemian also doesnt underthrow Charles near the redzone, it would bring up a shortish yard situation before the half and maybe he doesnt throw a pick 6 and we at least go into the half 10-9.

We also have to remember the Giants defense isnt bad, its their offense that is lacking. Sure our D couldve played a bit better but we did have 3 turnovers

I just really think we need to be more creative offensively and use our tight ends more

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    Good for them for doing it. They came out on paper as having already lost before the coin toss and they said not today. They came out swinging and fighting, hardly the form of a team that has rolled over with everything they've endured - especially after last week for them. We, on the other hand were in a fog the whole game.

It was weird to watch and reminded me of the playoff loss to the Colts in 2015.
    Good comparison wrh the Colts game and thankfully this wasn't a playoff team. Let's hope the team learns from this one but doesn't dwell on it. Tough schedule ahead especially with three games on the road.

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    Originally posted by GMTD View Post

As for the no fly zone/safety troubles, part of it stems from the way the team collectively defends. We have gone all-in to stop the run, such that we have been exposed over the middle, and put pressure on the cornerbacks to make one-on-one plays without any support. But I guess that's a choice we had to make.

Anyway, I remain optimistic about our prospects this season (in particular because our set up probably works better against better teams). Let's see what happens.
    I don’t think it has anything to do with us going all in. I actually don’t think we have gone all in on running at all minus the cowboys game. I think the issue revolves around how much we are playing zone now. We have three great corners that can play man and they are at their best in man coverage not zone. Leaves too much confusion where a player needs to be.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    I think we need to calm down a little.

We had the equivalent of a blowout loss against a severely depleted team. However, bar one or two teams everyone else has also suffered humiliating defeats. Some of them have even shown the spirit to come out fighting. We need to do the same.

I refuse to believe that Trevor is as bad as he has played in the last few games. While he has his weaknesses, he proved last season he can be effective. The coaches and his teammates have to do whatever they can to help him restore the self-confidence with which he started the season.

He also has to stop panicking and making bad decisions. It's really fine for him to play a conservative game and simply make no turnovers. If he does that we will win most games and his confidence will inevitably grow anyway.

As for the no fly zone/safety troubles, part of it stems from the way the team collectively defends. We have gone all-in to stop the run, such that we have been exposed over the middle, and put pressure on the cornerbacks to make one-on-one plays without any support. But I guess that's a choice we had to make.

Anyway, I remain optimistic about our prospects this season (in particular because our set up probably works better against better teams). Let's see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    It's our sad reality that the only hope is the great Brock will be the savior

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking... lol

Leave a comment:

• DavisMVP
    replied
    We have to find a way to score ponits, with that said we may need to strart Brock and trade some players for a right tackle. Left guard kills us sometimes to.

Leave a comment:

• bronco30
    replied
    the other I forgot why the heck did we not double the TE all night he was there only wr threat just pitiful n give up 116yds to unknown guy rushing

Leave a comment:

• bronco30
    replied
    i imagine its already been said but the offense gets an F from me they just have NO room for error when trevor missed derby that'd been 1st n 10 inside the 15, missed wide open charles that'd been 1st n 10 inside 25 n then numerous other bad decisions/throws by trevor to n then of course there is our kicker signs an extension n goes straight down hill unreal....

its been that since 3rd game of this season n looks pretty much looks like last year all over again can't convert 3rd downs, red zone stinks and run game is little to none n OL having break downs...now we go on a 3 game tough road trip ouch which imo will determine our season

Leave a comment:

• River Side
    replied
    Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
    ELWAY WE NEED A REAL QB. Tired of stop gap QBs that can't win us games. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He's on line 1 taking complaints about the garbage o-line he's assembled.

Leave a comment:

• River Side
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
    Feel the same way. With this team, you can tell early. They have no ability to adjust or turn the tide if things go poorly. They just keep doing poorly.

It feels as if they have very little competitive spirit. Not sure if that's coaching or just lack of leadership on the field or both.
    Entire team lacks mental and physical toughness. Making one contested catch just shakes them all up.

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    Originally posted by SwedeBronco View Post
    Screw them. They lost today too.
    Yea but they lost to teams that people knew could beat them.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSynapses
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I feel like you can always tell how the Broncos will do in a game after the first drive by each team. Tonight I looked at my GF during the Giants first drive and said to her the Broncos were going to lose tonight. They just never looked competitive.
    Feel the same way. With this team, you can tell early. They have no ability to adjust or turn the tide if things go poorly. They just keep doing poorly.

It feels as if they have very little competitive spirit. Not sure if that's coaching or just lack of leadership on the field or both.

Leave a comment:

• SMR81
    replied
    Nope. You're trying too hard to defend Siemian. He changed the play into a bad call, that shows a glaring lack of situational awareness. That play is his biggest red flag (and there were several) of the evening.
    Not at all, no need to try, I am stating facts. Siemian checked into a play and we got across the first down marker. I'd call that a success until DT fumbles. He had a lot of bad moments tonight but that wasn't one of them. You are reaching too hard on this one, it's actually funny.

Leave a comment:

• MajorFriend
    replied
    When a team is selling out to stop the run because they don't think your QB can do anything to hurt them, you kind of have your hand forced. The only way to change that is for Siemian to make plays to back the defense off, and for the last 3 games he's been incapable of doing anything close to that. Expect to see the same thing next week.
    You go to battle with the army you have not the army you wish you had.

We don't have a QB that can make those plays so you have to have some offensive creativity, you have to help him out. Spread the formation, call some TE screens, and once in a while you just have to man up and run against the 8 in the box. It's bad QB play and bad coaching.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    last 3 games we've scored

How many games do we have to wait till it is good enough. This game isn't just a single game that we can compartmentalize into a write off.

This offense needs to improve. McManus isn't helping things. If he makes his kicks, the whole complexion is different but those 2 INT's are the sole reason the Broncos couldn't climb back into this one
    This offense lacks leadership, they need somebody who can make a play when things aren't going your way and turn it around.

I don't know what the answer is, maybe a QB change would spark them, but Brock isn't any better than Siemian, we saw that on his one drive. Since the Cowboys win, the offense has looked worse every week, it seems like Buffalo exposed them pretty bad.

I guess if there is any positives it's the the pretty much the rest of the NFL looks pretty bad too, it feels like this year it's a bunch of 8-8 teams dueling it out every week.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X