X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread: 2017: Week 7:Broncos Vs Chargers

Hey B-Maniacs,

Still trying to recover over the debacle we called Sunday night football. Another winnable game that we made sure was losable. Not sure what I saw out there, but that was a sham of a Broncos team who missed a chance to catch up to KC.

Fates handed us a gift again as Oakland did the improbable and Gave KC its' second loss in 5 days time. So we have a chance to make up ground provided we take care of business with another AFC west foe The Chargers.

The Chargers may be a struggling team but they have been in every game this year and found ways to lose it. If it wasn't for a missed FG they would have beat us at home.

Sunday was a rough game. Trevor was banged up, Dt Banged up, Sanders banged up. Run game was ineffective and to me it looked like we had only 10 men on the field as the Giant Defenders seemed to have an open expressway to the backfield. If only we could find a lineman to fill that seemingly vacant spot.

So Sanders is out, DT and Trevor appear to be a GO. If he struggles we may get a Brock sighting. Who knows.
    So we are 3-2 trying to avoid 3-3. How do we do in our 6th game tilt. Well typically up to this point is the season we have a history of struggle in our 3rd and 5th games, this season proved no different. Luckily we do a lil bit better in game 7. Over the last decade we want 7-3. Of the 7 wins 4 were on the road, 3 at home. Of the 3 losses. 2 were at home and 1 was on the road.

If fact we have won 6 of the last 7 years in game 6. The catch is that one loss was last year to the Chargers in an away game. Let's hope history doesn't repeat. We have won 9 of the last 11 games vs the Chargers, most of that due to having a Manning at the QB spot. Still they have Ingram with 7.5 sacks this year and Bosa with 5.5 which will make it that much harder for us. They caused immense havok in our first match up.
    As a team they have 18 sacks and 4 ints.

Von as expected is our sack leader with 5 sacks up to this points, Barrett has 2. As a team Denver has 13 sacks and 4 Ints. I don't know this game will play out, but I need to see better than what we had last week. We need better play calling on both sides of the ball. Our Run D didn't do its job last week, so hopefully they are well rested and ready for Gordon again. It's gonna be a tough game, hope we're up to it!

We have great Mods here. Please be mindful of what you post. They hate when we lose as much as you do, but have to spend part of their day cleaning up here when we do. Please follow the COC and help make their jobs easier. To each and every fan here, Thank you for helping making this board great. As always looking forward to a great season and hopefully another win. GO BRONCOS!!!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

GO BRONCOS !!!

BEAT THE doltz !!!

Denver 42

doltz 13

Fill that soccer field with ORANGE !!!

(Thank you Elway !!!)

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

GO BRONCOS !!!

BEAT THE doltz !!!

Denver 42

doltz 13

Fill that soccer field with ORANGE !!!

(Thank you Elway !!!)
      Let's Go BRONCOS! Beat the dolts!
      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

(Thank you Elway !!!)

Not a problem AZ, Hopefully it is a good game.
        The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

It's going to be a hot one tomorrow. Hope the boys can tough it out and hand LAC another loss.

Go Broncos!
          Last edited by Rastic; 10-22-2017, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            sigpic
            2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
            2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
            BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

Why can I not muster enthusiasm for this game?

Oh ya.... last weeks non-effort and now this is a divisional road game....

Oh and the injuries....

And our QB.....

And that..... is your Debbie downer moment for now!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post

Oh and the injuries....

And our QB.....

I counter your Debbie Downer with a Peanut Upper.

If last week bothers us, it has to bother the team. I think they come out focused and determined. And they win!

Thanks again, Elway, for a great write up!

Go Broncos!!!
                Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post

Oh and the injuries....

And our QB.....

is it really a road game though? probably close to a neutral field

Comment

IF we can run the ball for 100+ yards we will have a good chance of winning if not n trevor has to throw 40 times it won't be good..TD's in the red zone b/c our kicker is below average right now yikes

the defense must stop Gordon I know it was faiders D but they gave it to him receiving to he was very effective n hopefully we can cover the TE today

Comment

Originally posted by bronco30 View Post
                      IF we can run the ball for 100+ yards we will have a good chance of winning if not n trevor has to throw 40 times it won't be good..TD's in the red zone b/c our kicker is below average right now yikes

the defense must stop Gordon I know it was faiders D but they gave it to him receiving to he was very effective n hopefully we can cover the TE today
                      The good thing about Gary Kubiak was he would balance the amount of passes and running plays. He would do this even if they could not run the ball and it was so annoying because Mike McCoys offense can run the ball but they get away from it so much.

Comment

Hopefully we have a good, injury free game.
                        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Go Broncos!!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Let's go Broncos!
                            sigpic
                            2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Any one think TS gets pulled this game if his play continues as it has been. I think he does.
                              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Working...
                              X