X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread: 2017: Week 11 Bengals vs Broncos

Hey Bronco fans...

Have to still be a hand full out there. After all misery loves company.

Welcome to this weeks game, Not too long ago we played in the Super Bowl, this week it's The Horri-Bowl Where the 3-6 Pretender Bengals take on the 3-6 Pretender Broncos. This has the makings of a classic all right. Where Scut Farkus vs Mr. Temp in a battle of how much longer will they be starting for their team.

I know everyone has been down on Vance Johnson, but I think the man is an over achieiver. It took Josh McDaniel a season and a half to ruin this team. Vance may have done it in 8 weeks. I'm not going to jump on the fire him now band wagon. He is a 1st year coach and we have 7 games to go and some of this slide started on Kubes watch. The Oline wasn't great when Peyton was back there, but he managed to work around it mostly. I think we know that while Trevor has skills, he is not the answer, coming in we knew Brock was not it. Maybe its Paxton, Maybe Chad Kelly down the Rd. Or is it in the 2018 Draft?

No matter we need to play the opponent in front of us. D did better last week and was only served a 40 Burger. The last few weeks they have fought with the fury of the toothless Bumble. No one fears them. The pass rush is compromised, there is next to no turnovers, and they can't seem to perform in either zone or man coverage.
    The frustrating part is they used to. We saw them. Whether it is the coach, the scheme, or the players something has changed.

Special teams, (meh) If they were any more special they would be a charity started in their names where you could make donations to help educate them and buy them a clue. The Bengals are an up and down team with some good defensive pieces and AJ Green is a flat out play maker. No Fly zone will have their hands full with him.

I asked for heart last week from this team. I got a flat line. They are not built to win, or compete this season. The bright spot, neither is the team we are facing. So how do we do in or 10th game of the season. Over the last decade we went 7-3. Of the 7 wins 4 were at home, 3 on the road. Of the three losses 2 were on the road and one at home (Two of the losses were during the McDaniels debacle) In fact we have won 5 of the 6 last game # 10. Wins came from Tebow, Manning, Osweiler & Siemian.

It is brutal watching this team under perform week after week. I survived the Griese, Orton, & Cutler years. Was amused by the Plummer and Tebow tenures and was amazed by Manning. What we have now just has me baffled. I'll hang on and stand by this team. They have had down years before and they certainly have not endured the misery of the Browns.

There are players on that team are too good to give in. They need to play as a team and find that spark to rally by. I'm not looking for the playoffs this season. Just win a game and find your identity. Give the fans hope. That's what we want, something to look forward to.

Regardless if we win or lose, and it has been tough. Again I must ask that everyone follows the COC and watches what they post. It is Thanksgiving in a few days and over the long run this team gave me things to be thankful for. I am thankful for the Mods who help with this board and donate their time 12 months a year. I wish all a good holiday and as I have done for decades now I'll be in front of my TV rooting for this team, as always GO BRONCOS
    The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

First post!

Go Broncos. ( please)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      First post!

Go Broncos. ( please)
      Thank you Elway !!!
      Sticky it Eddie

Go Broncos !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Win streak starts now!

sigpic

Comment

Win, win, win!

Comment

Thanks, Elway!

Go Broncos!!

Thanks for the font idea, AZ..
            Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Go Broncos!!
              sigpic
              Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
              Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
              Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
              Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                sigpic
                2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

Back on track for a run, Go Broncs!!!
                  [sigpic

Comment

This should be a interesting game between two teams that are both desperate for a win.

Let's see who has the worse offensive line.

Go Broncos!!!

Comment

6 in a row?

Comment

From NFL.com (We'll see if this happens)

The belief is the offense has contained too much this year. At times, the playbook has featured more plays than even when Peyton Manning was under center in Denver, except this version of the Broncos has inexperienced QBs.

Fewer plays could equal better performance.

Some of this will change Sunday, a continuation of what started last week. The scheme will be pared down and simplified. The hope is it will potentially allow players to execute better. Play-calling has been an issue, those in charge believe.
                        The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elway View Post

No matter we need to play the opponent in front of us. D did better last week and was only served a 40 Burger. The last few weeks they have fought with the fury of the toothless Bumble. No one fears them. The pass rush is compromised, there is next to no turnovers, and they can't seem to perform in either zone or man coverage.
                          The frustrating part is they used to. We saw them. Whether it is the coach, the scheme, or the players something has changed.
                          Turnover differential is currently -14, ranked #32, though the Browns are awfully close at #31.

Hopefully they've changed some things this week and we can move that stat up a bit.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Let's get a Dub today. Please?
                            sigpic

Comment

I know that watching these games is more frustrating than entertaining but I still have to watch

I suppose it's morbid curiosity

Like watching the titanic sink. Can't stop watching

Comment

Working...
                              X