This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Amy-Selic View Post
    are you only positive when we're actually bad and losing?
    Lol, no. It's a weird, non-sensical thing I have with this team. I'm not always negative, although some may argue with that during game day. When I feel confident about things in life, that out of my control, they fall apart. When I'm negative, more times than not, they turn around. This isn't to say I have control. Another way to say it is when I have a negative viewpoint over things I can't control, life tends to surprise me.

The ironic thing is, in "real life" people know me as a very optimistic person who had a knack to see the silver lining. This negativity thing is sort of like my Skelton in the closet. This forum maintains my anonymity so I don't tarnish my optimistic persona and yet can vent out the negativity, which ultimately feeds the optimism.

It's a vicious cycle. Lol. And completely and totally ridiculous. I'm aware.

So I'm short, no, this is not the only time I'm positive. I am hopeful losing this year gives us a chance at another Von Miller type player. Perhaps even a QB!

Comment

• I like most think we have a major issue at QB but we have to at least give Lynch a shot now right?

He’s played only a few games, and yes, look completely lost. The O-line isn’t going to help matters but look at Goff last year vs. now.

That gives me at least a glimpse of hope. No, not for this season but if he plays well Elway can put his focus elsewhere.

Pipe dream? Yes. Worth trying now the season is 100% over? Yes!

Comment

• Originally posted by VonElway758 View Post
        I hear you friend,and there’s not a lot wrong with that post at all.
        And I remember looking at the list of #1 QB picks from the last near decade the other week.Not one of them bar Newton has got a sniff of a SB.
        But a deal like Peyton is a once in a Blue Oyster event.Fact is,we’ve had two HOF QBs in my lifetime (and I’m no spring chicken) and the way colleges are relying on dual threat guys who then don’t ever have long careers in the pros worries me.
        That’s why I think Elway would kill for Darnold.He’s a drop back gunslinger who isn’t afraid to make mistakes and we’ll never get him.
        So you have an OL that needs at least three good additions as well as a new QB.
        And Elway seems resistant to dual threat guys,probably for the reasons I mentioned.
        And sadly,the once great defence has some holes badly needing filled now too.
        Lynch looked the part when he got drafted / other GMs wanted him in the back of round 1 - but, like SP in baseball, go with those who can play. Cousins is no Manning but he can make deep throws to Thomas & Sanders that we need to stretch the D. They stacked today & blitzed a lot. They knew our OL sucked (just need 1 weak link), and they knew Oz couldn’t throw it deep. We are keeping 2 stallions in the barn. And paying them a lot to do it. Simply doesn’t make sense to me
        Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

• Originally posted by VonElway758 View Post
          Six game losing streaks that include being shut out by the Chargers,losing to the Giants and then letting the Bungles get a win in Denver tend to have that effect.
          If anyone has any suggestions on why we should be more positive i’ll be happy to hear them.
          Well, average seasons have a tendency to become self sustaining, never bad enough to get great players in the draft yet never good enough to compete for a SuperBowl. If you're not competitive, it's better to suck horribly. If you suck horribly, there is a chance at correcting the ship, especially when our roster has so many good players already. A bad year can propel a team into a decade of competitive seasons where as average years can maintain the status quo, never really being a competitive team. So, do you want to win now with a stronger chance at a similar season next year or lose now, and have a better chance at winning next year? I choose the better chance to win...long term.

Comment

• 6 game losing streak? After the game, Vance said it was a 5 game losing streak?

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
              Well, average seasons have a tendency to become self sustaining, never bad enough to get great players in the draft yet never good enough to compete for a SuperBowl. If you're not competitive, it's better to suck horribly. If you suck horribly, there is a chance at correcting the ship, especially when our roster has so many good players already. A bad year can propel a team into a decade of competitive seasons where as average years can maintain the status quo, never really being a competitive team. So, do you want to win now with a stronger chance at a similar season next year or lose now, and have a better chance at winning next year? I choose the better chance to win...long term.
              I hope I speak for every Broncos fan out there when I say playoffs or bust. We had a chance today to stay in the race. We are out. Time to see what we have in seldom used players including Lynch.
              Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                6 game losing streak? After the game, Vance said it was a 5 game losing streak?
                Yikes - root cause identified

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruke View Post
                  Yikes - root cause identified
                  Dudes gotta go

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                    6 game losing streak? After the game, Vance said it was a 5 game losing streak?
                    Yet another he got wrong .... LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                      I have a feeling in my tail that the W is coming!
                      GO BRONCOS!
                      Tail fail!!

Comment

• I feel bad for CJ Anderson. Idk if anyone watching his post game interview but that man took this loss to heart. He truly believes that he was the reason Denver lost this game.

Comment

• Our problems go way beyond the QB, right now Brock is the least of our problems. We need a LG, RT, TE and Backs that can hold on to the ball. We need a LB that can cove the TE and a saftey that can cove the TE. from what I saw on must pass situations, the pocket just collapsed in crunch time.

Comment

• And not to be left out, our wide outs LOVE to drop passes when we need the big play. All around the league yesterday players were making Big plays for their QB. But here, we make it worst, dropping the easy ones.

Comment

• Brandon Perna joked that VJ was actually Bokeem Woodbine in his role in S2 of Fargo and I’m not entirely convinced that Bokeem would do a worse job than Vance is doing right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X