• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Well lets take a look at the options -

Stay with what we have

Hard to believe as surely TS is done, Kelly is a complete unknown and 7th round draft pick coming back from injury, Oz has proven at Houston and here enough times that he is a back-up but not a starter, and I can't see any progression or reason to have faith in Lynch

Draft

Darnold and Rosen will go 1 and 2 if they enter the draft. Would we sell the farm to the Giants to get another young QB..... I can't see it, and I think NY really want to take this opportunity to grab a young QB to take over from Manning in the near future.

That leaves Baker Mayfield.......... a real option

FA

Brees will stay imo, Eli will probably stay, Cousins is 50/50 but an expensive option.

I want no part of Cutler or Bradford.

I see 3 options -

1 - Throw the money at KC

2 - Draft Baker Mayfield

3 - Trade for Colt McCoy
    Nice breakdown of the options.

Kelly is an unknown however the injury and off-field issues weighed on the draft position. He has the arm, size and mobility required (so did Lynch). He might have a better chance of success after playing in the SEC...much harder than what Lynch faced playing at Memphis. Still an unknown.

Mayfield is a competitor however lacks arm strength, sound footwork and struggles to make reads from the pocket. He's still an option over TS and Oz...Mayfield reminds me of a better version of a former first round QB the Broncos drafted...not to be named here Lol A better version though.

What about Bridgewater if the Vikings sign Keenum to a long term contract?

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Agree about Cousins and the potential price tag. I was listening to the local coverage on WMAL about Cousins - no one can predict what he'll do going into the 3rd year of contract negotiations.

Interestingly, Cousins has phrased responses starting with "Our franchise" or "Our organization" which leads some to think he'll eventually make a deal to stay.

I thought about Eli as well. After the Giants fired the HC they returned Eli as the starter - could be a sign they want him to stay.
    Well lets take a look at the options -

Stay with what we have

Hard to believe as surely TS is done, Kelly is a complete unknown and 7th round draft pick coming back from injury, Oz has proven at Houston and here enough times that he is a back-up but not a starter, and I can't see any progression or reason to have faith in Lynch

Draft

Darnold and Rosen will go 1 and 2 if they enter the draft. Would we sell the farm to the Giants to get another young QB..... I can't see it, and I think NY really want to take this opportunity to grab a young QB to take over from Manning in the near future.

That leaves Baker Mayfield.......... a real option

FA

Brees will stay imo, Eli will probably stay, Cousins is 50/50 but an expensive option.

I want no part of Cutler or Bradford.

I see 3 options -

1 - Throw the money at KC

2 - Draft Baker Mayfield

3 - Trade for Colt McCoy

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    True and if I was pushed I would be for signing him.

I do wonder about the repercussions of going from one of the lowest cap % in the QB position (all 3 are paid peanuts) to possibly the highest in the league.

I'm not sure what other options there will be though. Brees won't leave NO, and the Indy win cost us a chance at a top QB in the draft.

What about Eli Manning if the Giants decide to move on ? Although I guess the money will be similar to Cousins and KC is a better QB at this point of time.

KC will be 30 when next season starts with low mileage, so you could get 5-6 seasons of production out of him.
    Agree about Cousins and the potential price tag. I was listening to the local coverage on WMAL about Cousins - no one can predict what he'll do going into the 3rd year of contract negotiations.

Interestingly, Cousins has phrased responses starting with "Our franchise" or "Our organization" which leads some to think he'll eventually make a deal to stay.

I thought about Eli as well. After the Giants fired the HC they returned Eli as the starter - could be a sign they want him to stay.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
    Hesitation about signing Cousins, yet are OK with OZ starting here next year?

If we have a chance to sign Cousins, there should be no hesitation, even if that means he makes Carr/Stanford money.
    Brock isn't a viable starter unless we have significantly more talent on the line and consistency at TE. Even then he's not the answer.

My hesitation about Cousins would be how much money it would take to sign him. He would be worth signing depending on how much cap space remains to address other needs.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    The Redskins defense is 29th in scoring defense. Cousins lost four starters on the line and Jordan Reed. It's tough to overcome your defense giving up nearly the most points per game and four starters on the line.
    True and if I was pushed I would be for signing him.

I do wonder about the repercussions of going from one of the lowest cap % in the QB position (all 3 are paid peanuts) to possibly the highest in the league.

I'm not sure what other options there will be though. Brees won't leave NO, and the Indy win cost us a chance at a top QB in the draft.

What about Eli Manning if the Giants decide to move on ? Although I guess the money will be similar to Cousins and KC is a better QB at this point of time.

KC will be 30 when next season starts with low mileage, so you could get 5-6 seasons of production out of him.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Going into next season he will probably be the highest paid QB in the league, that affects your roster due to the cap being thrown at the position.

I like Cousins, I think he is a good QB and wouldn't mind him here. I just don't think he is a top QB and he hasn't propelled the Redskins to the playoffs this season like a top QB probably would of.

Its a big gamble to whoever takes him on
    The Redskins defense is 29th in scoring defense. Cousins lost four starters on the line and Jordan Reed. It's tough to overcome your defense giving up nearly the most points per game and four starters on the line.

Leave a comment:

• SMR81
    replied
    This is the hesitation I have about Cousins. No question he would be a significant step up for the Broncos. At the same time the Redakins only offered him $53 mil in guaranteed money - I don't think Cousins was unreasonable to want more considering the market.
    Hesitation about signing Cousins, yet are OK with OZ starting here next year?

If we have a chance to sign Cousins, there should be no hesitation, even if that means he makes Carr/Stanford money.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
    I know our defensive STATS look good but DC Woods has turned our defense into some soft garbage which we all see with our own eyes each week.

And how many times this year has our statistically high ranked defense been blown out and looked bad to your own eyes regardless of what the stats say???
    When your team is 2nd to the worst in turnovers (only Cleveland is worse), the defense has consistently been put in bad situations.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Is Carr elite? What about Stafford? Look at cousins body of work these past 3 years and he amongst the top 10 in majority of categories. What he is projected to make is the going rate becuase when lesser QBs hit the market they will be making more.
    Going into next season he will probably be the highest paid QB in the league, that affects your roster due to the cap being thrown at the position.

I like Cousins, I think he is a good QB and wouldn't mind him here. I just don't think he is a top QB and he hasn't propelled the Redskins to the playoffs this season like a top QB probably would of.

Its a big gamble to whoever takes him on

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Cousins is a tricky one because he is a good QB and they are hard to come by, but he wants to be paid like an elite QB which he clearly isn't
    This is the hesitation I have about Cousins. No question he would be a significant step up for the Broncos. At the same time the Redakins only offered him $53 mil in guaranteed money - I don't think Cousins was unreasonable to want more considering the market.

Leave a comment:

• Mel B.
    replied
    Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    With below average receivers and a banged up o-line he managed 3TDs on a defense that features arguably the best pass rusher and 2 elite corners.
    I know our defensive STATS look good but DC Woods has turned our defense into some soft garbage which we all see with our own eyes each week.

And how many times this year has our statistically high ranked defense been blown out and looked bad to your own eyes regardless of what the stats say???

Leave a comment:

• shawinkerpoppin
    replied
    So do you shell out 'elite' money for a 'good' QB ?
    Is Carr elite? What about Stafford? Look at cousins body of work these past 3 years and he amongst the top 10 in majority of categories. What he is projected to make is the going rate becuase when lesser QBs hit the market they will be making more.

Leave a comment:

• haciendadad
    replied
    We need to focus hard on the offense, sorry defensive people but the offense needs help ASAP!

The secondary can swarm on our TEs and Slot WRs because they don't have to cover anyone deep, get a deep threat and that can open up the middle.

- We need a real LT, move Bolles to RT,
    - Get a FA QB, doesn't really matter who, none of them are elite (except Brees, he's not leaving) nor would he want to come here.
    - Draft a LT in st round
    - Draft a RB that has crazy speed (Nick Chubb or Sony Michel)
    - Draft a WR that can lift the lid off the secondary
    - Draft a TE if there is anyone good, or go defense
    - Train D'Angelo Henderson to be a PR so he can get some playtime
    - Cut Sanders, he is getting hurt too much. At least DT has been durable
    - Attempt to keep CJ if he will take a pay cut
    - Keep Talib one more year
    - Dump Heurerman, Virgil
    - Trade Booker (too many drops/fumbles)

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    On the brighter side, I liked the game plan they had for Siemian. Not a single turnover!

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
    1 game out of how many as a starter vs winning teams???

Even a broke clock is right twice a day!

But Elway was dumb to sign Vance and dumb to let Wade go so he may continue to be dumb by signing a mediocre QB to a franchise QB contract!

I hope he smartens up before making another dumb decision.
    Mediocre QB just put up 300 yards and 3 TDs against the NFL's 2nd ranked passing defense. Hmmm.....

Not to mention without his #1 TE.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X