Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Game Day Thread: 2017: Week 16 Broncos vs Skins

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Mediocre QB just put up 300 yards and 3 TDs against the NFL's 2nd ranked passing defense. Hmmm.....

    Not to mention without his #1 TE.....
    Yeah this D is so scary... it's a stat... on the field they can't get sacks, can't get turnovers. I'm sure their 2nd rank status will comfort them as they watch the playoffs on the outside.

    But sure let's pick up Cousins, We can sign Cutler again too because he looked good against us.
    Cousins is better than what we have, but that aint saying a lot.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Elway View Post
      Yeah this D is so scary... it's a stat... on the field they can't get sacks, can't get turnovers. I'm sure their 2nd rank status will comfort them as they watch the playoffs on the outside.

      But sure let's pick up Cousins, We can sign Cutler again too because he looked good against us.
      Cousins is better than what we have, but that aint saying a lot.
      The D is strong, they are getting killed by the offense every week. Anyone watching Bronco games can see that.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
        The D is strong, they are getting killed by the offense every week. Anyone watching Bronco games can see that.
        I've watched them, strong at time , inconsistent a lot. 2nd in total defensive yards . Great.

        Tied for 20th in Sacks with 31.
        Tied for 26th with 8 Ints. We have up 26 receiving Tds. going into today.

        Part of that is on poor offensive performance, but alot is still on the D.
        The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Elway View Post
          Yeah this D is so scary... it's a stat... on the field they can't get sacks, can't get turnovers. I'm sure their 2nd rank status will comfort them as they watch the playoffs on the outside.

          But sure let's pick up Cousins, We can sign Cutler again too because he looked good against us.
          Cousins is better than what we have, but that aint saying a lot.
          No quarterback has come close to passing 300 yards other than Cousins with 299. Guess which QB came the closest?

          The challenge for the Broncos defense has been the staggering number of turnovers and 3 and outs by the offense. Not to mention turnovers on special teams - McKenzie.

          Cousins career comp% is 66% - not just better than what we have. The Redskins used the franchise tag twice for a reason. Quarterbacks are hard to come by - look no further than John Elway's attempt at replacing Manning.

          Signing Cousins would immediately elevate the Broncos and I would put money on making he playoffs the first season.
          Last edited by Fantaztic7; 12-24-2017, 05:26 PM.

          Comment


          • This game was pretty beneficial in a ton of ways. It helped us understand that Brock is not the answer, despite some fans thinking he could be some form of long term answer after last week. Beating bad teams, as in bottom 3, and then falling apart against competition only one tier higher is not what I want in my QB. I hope everyone can stop clamoring for Brock to be our franchise starter - his sideline effort to motivate the team that ended in failure shows you already no one on the team thinks he's the guy or their leader.

            https://sports.yahoo.com/brock-oswei...214249601.html

            Secondly, it helped in that Kirk Cousins was practically being interviewed and auditioning in front of Elway, and you'd better believe Elway was paying attention. 300 yards, 3 TDs to 1 int and hitting his usual 4000 yards per season record on our defense sends a message - I'm your guy. Every QB on our roster is a pretender, Cousins is not - that's important to know going into the off-season. With Mayfield and Allen there are risks - no one knows how they'll turn out in the NFL. With Cousins there is not, only a massive cap hit.

            Thirdly, I had my reservations, but seeing the difference between Brock and Cousins was night and day. If we want to go anywhere in this league, we are going to have to pay for a QB, because I'm not certain this staff can develop a drafted one. Elway tonight saw the difference between the QB he likes vs the QB that wins.
            Last edited by TheAsianPA; 12-24-2017, 05:36 PM.
            Superbowl 50 Champions!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Elway View Post
              Yeah this D is so scary... it's a stat... on the field they can't get sacks, can't get turnovers. I'm sure their 2nd rank status will comfort them as they watch the playoffs on the outside.

              But sure let's pick up Cousins, We can sign Cutler again too because he looked good against us.
              Cousins is better than what we have, but that aint saying a lot.
              ???

              What's your malfunction with cousins?

              He's played lights out for years despite the dumpster fire that it's the redskins organization. Easily a top ten qb but maybe outside the top five.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Zealander View Post
                ???

                What's your malfunction with cousins?

                He's played lights out for years despite the dumpster fire that it's the redskins organization. Easily a top ten qb but maybe outside the top five.
                They sold expired beer to fans. Need we say more?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Zealander View Post
                  ???

                  What's your malfunction with cousins?

                  He's played lights out for years despite the dumpster fire that it's the redskins organization. Easily a top ten qb but maybe outside the top five.
                  I watch a lot of Redskins football because that's hubby's team and we're in the DC viewing area. I have not seen the same thing you must be seeing. Cousins has flashes. I'm sure a healthy O-line would help, but lights out for years? No, I have not seen that.
                  Administrator

                  Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

                  Lupus Awareness Month

                  "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                    I watch a lot of Redskins football because that's hubby's team and we're in the DC viewing area. I have not seen the same thing you must be seeing. Cousins has flashes. I'm sure a healthy O-line would help, but lights out for years? No, I have not seen that.
                    Flashes?

                    Over three seasons 2015, 2016 and 2017 there are are five QBs to make the Top 10 for pass comp% - Brees, Cousins, Stafford, Ryan and Smith.

                    IMO his consistency is more than a flash here and there.

                    In 2016 Cousins threw for a franchise record 4,917 yards along with 25 touchdown passes to 12 interceptions.

                    Seven times Cousins threw for at least 300 yards and had two 400-yard games, 458 and 449 yards.

                    I would take the consistency and occasional 400+ yard game anytime! Lol
                    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 12-24-2017, 07:49 PM.

                    Comment


                    • We have the softest, weakest, slowest, most undisciplined pair of LBs in the NFL. I hate Marshall and Davis, these guys are atrocious and should not be starters on any NFL roster. Marshall especially, he is immensely overrated. Who taught these guys how to tackle? Marshall plays soft, prances around like a Queen, doesn’t fill the whole hard, and jogs everywhere he goes. Replace these 2 guys and our defense improves a great deal!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Elway View Post
                        I've watched them, strong at time , inconsistent a lot. 2nd in total defensive yards . Great.

                        Tied for 20th in Sacks with 31.
                        Tied for 26th with 8 Ints. We have up 26 receiving Tds. going into today.

                        Part of that is on poor offensive performance, but alot is still on the D.
                        I agree with you. I noticed the change right away at the beginning of the season when we were still winning and before the losing streak -- a few of us did but our observations were dismissed or argued down. The way they are schemed under Woods/VJ doesn't put them in position to make big plays and take the ball away contrasted to Wade. Wade made a big difference when he came on and replaced JDR, let's not pretend that he didn't or that his absence hasn't caused the D to diminish!

                        But I don't agree that Cousins would make no difference here, he absolutely would be a competent starter! Even a sub 2015 diminished D coupled with a decent QB can go the distance to a SB win, IF the coaching is competent too (big IF on that one!). However, though Cousins is good, he's not elite in my book yet he will cost elite money and I'd rather they not cripple themselves financially for years on this gamble.
                        Last edited by L.M.; 12-25-2017, 09:29 AM.

                        Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                        Comment


                        • The only thing that should possibly be the dealbreaker for Cousins is his asking price. But a fresh start away from a toxic organization where he has looked pretty solid may put him on the next level. Brees was good in SD, but once he headed to New Orleans he hit that next level. I honestly think Kirk Cousins can be an all-pro if he finds the right situation outside DC, but I agree with other posters here about proceeding cautiously about selling the proverbial farm to get him in Denver.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                            Flashes?

                            Over three seasons 2015, 2016 and 2017 there are are five QBs to make the Top 10 for pass comp% - Brees, Cousins, Stafford, Ryan and Smith.

                            IMO his consistency is more than a flash here and there.

                            In 2016 Cousins threw for a franchise record 4,917 yards along with 25 touchdown passes to 12 interceptions.

                            Seven times Cousins threw for at least 300 yards and had two 400-yard games, 458 and 449 yards.

                            I would take the consistency and occasional 400+ yard game anytime! Lol
                            Not a third down or playoff QB.. This is coming from someone who is a fan of Cousins. I watch Redskins just to root for him.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X