This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    I guess Keenum can be forgiven for the picks, but, if the defense is going to give up big plays, he better not throw any more of them.
    The defense/Von sacked Wilson six times for 56 yards lost, two INTs and Von’s fumble recovery/stripped ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
      The defense/Von sacked Wilson six times for 56 yards lost, two INTs and Von’s fumble recovery/stripped ball.
      They still gave up some big plays. That can’t keep happening, if the offense is going to keep turning the ball over.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• The INTs and some other mistakes are concerning and they are areas to work on, but they didn't cost us the game. "Almost" doesn't count in the NFL.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

They still gave up some big plays. That can’t keep happening, if the offense is going to keep turning the ball over.
          They held the Seahawks to 64 yards rushing with one long run for 24 yards. They gave up two long pass plays - one was on some missed tackles and the other our Safety bit the wrong way on coverage support (I think it was Simmons but could be wrong).

I think the turnovers were an exception for Keenum and will clean up those mistakes.

Comment

• If their kicker hadn't missed two FGs in a row, we may have lost that game if it had gone to OT.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

• Nobody is saying don’t feel good about the win.

However, don’t expect the season to go well, if the turnovers keep happening and the defense keeps giving up big plays.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                The INTs and some other mistakes are concerning and they are areas to work on, but they didn't cost us the game. "Almost" doesn't count in the NFL.
                Exactly. What’s impressive is overcoming three INTs. The defense didn’t let the turnovers get them down like last season.

Let’s not forget Keenum had 329 yards and 3 TDs. The INTs were rough but he also made some plays.

McManus was also one of the keys to winning.

Comment

It reminded me of Atwater, I think his first int of his career.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Great team win, we just need to clean up some stuff!

GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• Pro Football Focus

Refocused, NFL Week 1: Denver Broncos 27, Seattle Seahawks 24

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...27-seahawks-24

The Denver Broncos defeated the Seattle Seahawks, 27-24, during the NFL’s first full Sunday of action.

PFF’s ReFocused series this season features immediate takeaways and a key to the victory from two Senior Analysts who graded the performance, watching every player, on every play of the game.

FINAL SCORE
                      Denver Broncos 27; Seattle Seahawks 24

ANALYST TAKEAWAYS

DENVER BRONCOS

The brightest spot on the Broncos offense was by far Emmanuel Sanders. Sanders got the Broncos going early with a couple of big catches, the most important one on a 43-yard catch and run that gave the Broncos their first lead of the day.

The biggest assist in the passing game for the Broncos came from the offensive line. Case Keenum did not have much pressure on him throughout the game, and it helped him go through his progressions and control the offense. The solid blocking up front was also present in the running game, as the Broncos ran for 146 yards and averaged 4.6 yards a carry.

Von Miller got the sacks, but it was almost as impressive what Bradley Chubb was able to get done along the edge. Matched up often with Duane Brown, he got more than his fair share of victories.

The scary thing about Miller’ss performance is we’ve seen him play better. His clean pass-rush wins were lower than you’d normally see, yet his ability to finish plays looks as good as ever.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

The once vaunted Legion of Boom has been disassembled, but Seattle got particularly good play from their safeties Earl Thomas and Bradley McDougald. Both safeties combined for three interceptions and were one of the lone bright spots from the Seattle defense.

As much as a great story that Shaquem Griffin is, the rookie linebacker struggled mightily as a starter for the Seahawks today. He let in the first touchdown to Phillip Lindsay on a busted coverage. His replacement, Austin Calitro, was just as poor. It’s extremely hard to replace an All-Pro talent like KJ Wright, but Seattle right now has a massive hole at his spot.

It’s unlikely anybody saw Will Dissly playing like that. His time as a Huskie never showed it, but he moved well and did some surprisingly good work after the catch that could translate to a sustained role.

The knock on Seattle for so long has been their line, and they certainly weren’t great in Denver. But this was a game which highlighted how tough it is for them, as Russell Wilson was prone to both holding onto the ball and vacating a clean pocket to cost his lineman leverage. Of course, those tendencies are part of his brilliance, buying time and room to make big plays, but it can really hurt the impression of the big guys up front.

Key to the game
                      Without particularly good quarterback play, the Broncos relied on their big men at the line of scrimmage to win the game. Both the Broncos’ offensive and defensive lines controlled the game and were the biggest factors in the Broncos coming away with the win.

Sacks kill drives, and the Seahawks were guilty of taking more sacks than the Broncos earned. This isn’t just a fault of the offensive line but the whole protection unit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                        Exactly. What’s impressive is overcoming three INTs. The defense didn’t let the turnovers get them down like last season.

Let’s not forget Keenum had 329 yards and 3 TDs. The INTs were rough but he also made some plays.

McManus was also one of the keys to winning.
                        Yep! The team did lots of things right -in all three phases- with some big plays across the board. I loved the Sanders TD, and Von looked like his old SB MVP self, so count this guy happy!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Nobody is saying don’t feel good about the win.

However, don’t expect the season to go well, if the turnovers keep happening and the defense keeps giving up big plays.

So basically, if the offense and defense suck, the Broncos won't be very good? Thanks for that.

It was a good win. Look at it this way........ the team made a lot of mistakes, and STILL won. That's a good sign.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                            Maybe it's just me, but it seems like whenever a Bronco has a real shot at PoW award, some obscure player in a later game will go off. Someone tonight will have 4 interceptions or 6 sacks or something.
                            Well you called it. Mack has a strip sack takeaway and an interception for a TD in the first half.

Comment

• You called it maybe (Mack is a terror)

Von's stat line is still just as good if not better so far but it's early
                              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Yep! The team did lots of things right -in all three phases- with some big plays across the board. I loved the Sanders TD, and Von looked like his old SB MVP self, so count this guy happy!
                                Same here! Only speculating but I think Keenum tried too much to prove himself. I think he’ll settle in and clean up the mistakes. He won’t be perfect but a lot better.

Comment

Working...
                                X