Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you told me at beginning of the game that Keenum would throw for 350 yards and 3 TD I would have taken it in a heartbeat. That is the real positive. The O line and D line were both really good. Tighten up the tackling and the secondary and a bit better decision making by Keenum and we can be a factor this season.

Comment

• At no time did I think/feel we were going to lose the game.

BIG DIFFERENCE from last year.

With so many different pieces on offense that have yet to gel, they were still able to dictate the flow of the game.

The defense was supposed to be the key, but it also had some lapses.

The most important thing is that either side can see that both can rise to the occasion.
      That they can pick one another up.

Especially after 5-11, be happy that the Broncos are fielding a very competitive team.

Look at how the Chargers were supposed to win this thing hand down.

Enjoy yourself watching the games, and not having to turn it off to go do something else "more worthwhile".

Have some fun, guys and gals.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18Broncos View Post
        At no time did I think/feel we were going to lose the game.

BIG DIFFERENCE from last year.

I can't say the same. But I saw a lot of positives
        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
          I can't say the same. But I saw a lot of positives
          Do you really mean that you feel very confident last year?

Or you had not much confidence this year just the same?

Either way, I honestly think you're not being totally honest, or you were expecting a loss due to what happened last year that you're gun shy?

Comment

• Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
            To tell someone to "move on" just because you don't like the topic is catty.

If I ever disdainfully attempt to shut down future conversations, please feel free to call me out on it because we all have the right to speak our minds. In the meantime, I'll "move on."
            Fair enough. I may have been too subtle in my intent, but I think people get way to serious/sensitive on message boards. Even if someone "tells" me to move on, if it's on my mind to further comment on a subject I will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
              They held the Seahawks to 64 yards rushing with one long run for 24 yards. They gave up two long pass plays - one was on some missed tackles and the other our Safety bit the wrong way on coverage support (I think it was Simmons but could be wrong).

I think the turnovers were an exception for Keenum and will clean up those mistakes.
              Yes it was Simmons, and he was reading the play, the route was going out, and Russell was rolling that way. If he doesn't work that hard he doesn't get there to help on that.

Not sure if they roll out/pull up right throw deep well to the left was the called play or if it was improvised by the two Seahawks? But either way it was well executed. The Broncos defenders (both Simmons and Harris) looked bad on the play, but sometimes the other team just makes a good call/play. And I think the Seahawks did just that there.

Comment

• Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
                If their kicker hadn't missed two FGs in a row, we may have lost that game if it had gone to OT.
                But he did miss two field goals in a row, that were actually only one attempt. You could just as easily say if Keenum throws the ball a half second earlier on the third pick then the game isn't even close.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18Broncos View Post
                  Do you really mean that you feel very confident last year?

Or you had not much confidence this year just the same?

Either way, I honestly think you're not being totally honest, or you were expecting a loss due to what happened last year that you're gun shy?
                  All I'm saying is that there were times I questioned if we were going to win today
                  The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                    Yes it was Simmons, and he was reading the play, the route was going out, and Russell was rolling that way. If he doesn't work that hard he doesn't get there to help on that.

Not sure if they roll out/pull up right throw deep well to the left was the called play or if it was improvised by the two Seahawks? But either way it was well executed. The Broncos defenders (both Simmons and Harris) looked bad on the play, but sometimes the other team just makes a good call/play. And I think the Seahawks did just that there.
                    Agree. With Wilson at QB it woild be unrealistic for the defense to not allow any big plays.

Comment

Well you called it. Mack has a strip sack takeaway and an interception for a TD in the first half.
                      Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                      You called it maybe (Mack is a terror)

Von's stat line is still just as good if not better so far but it's early

We'll see. I think in Mack's debut in Chicago, if they hold on to win a game no one expected them to, they'll give it to him. I really hope not, but I think that's what happens. If Green Bay manages to win, Miller should win it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                        We'll see. I think in Mack's debut in Chicago, if they hold on to win a game no one expected them to, they'll give it to him. I really hope not, but I think that's what happens. If Green Bay manages to win, Miller should win it.
                        Credit to Mack without having camp. Most of his plays were with Kizer after Rodgers went out. Rodgers is doing his thing with a bad knee. Bulaga came back strong to hold off Mack in the second half.

Obviously I’m biased but Von has a better overall game.

Comment

Well you called it. Mack has a strip sack takeaway and an interception for a TD in the first half.
                          Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                          You called it maybe (Mack is a terror)

Von's stat line is still just as good if not better so far but it's early
                          Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                          Credit to Mack without having camp. Most of his plays were with Kizer after Rodgers went out. Rodgers is doing his thing with a bad knee. Bulaga came back strong to hold off Mack in the second half.

Obviously I’m biased but Von has a better overall game.
                          With the Bears losing I think it should be Miller.

Comment

They held the Seahawks to 64 yards rushing with one long run for 24 yards. They gave up two long pass plays - one was on some missed tackles and the other our Safety bit the wrong way on coverage support (I think it was Simmons but could be wrong).

I think the turnovers were an exception for Keenum and will clean up those mistakes.
                            I might be a bit tipsy for joy after the win, so I haven't really dig deep into the INTs, but...
                            I don't think they are all bad.

The one to DT was fairly obvious.
                            Keenum was anticipating that the receiver would not run toward the single deep safety, but to make the in-cut, to the spot where he threw the ball to.
                            Miscommunication.

The one where he was pressured, he left it behind 80 so we probably can say it was on Keenum.

The third one was when the Seahawks dropped into a 3-4 coverage.
                            Keenum was too busy looking off the 3 deep , he didn't expect the LCB to carry the receiver so deep.
                            Perhaps, we should have released the RTE to keep that defender honest (or at least pretending to).
                            In a 3-4 zone, you hardly ever see a middle defender carrying a receiver 20 yard deep.
                            Good coaching by the Seahawks, which is not surprising.

Like I said, I did have a few drinks.
                            If anything, these were just observations to try to appreciate how the game is played.
                            They all got paid, you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                              All I'm saying is that there were times I questioned if we were going to win today
                              Well, at least you didn't have the sinking feeling that they're going to lose for sure. 😀

Comment

• Originally posted by cirehawk View Post
                                Fair enough. I may have been too subtle in my intent, but I think people get way to serious/sensitive on message boards. Even if someone "tells" me to move on, if it's on my mind to further comment on a subject I will.
                                "Exactly , move on…"

Comment

Working...
                                X