X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drhiii
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The coaching won them the game today. The adjustments made by both (mainly by the offense) and by some key decisions made by Jospeh. I get people dislike him, but he and his coaching staff won this game today.
    Will agree with that. Coaching won them the game. It is also what lost them the first 2 1/2 quarters too. The game starts well before you take the field. What we saw was horrific from a coaching standpoint, until the latter part. The commentators kept interjecting, well, comments, that seemed obvious to zillions of people watching. The pace, the rhythm of the game management which comes down to coaching was... did I mention horrific. It wasn't until they went into hair on fire mode that some things started happening. Which was being commented on very early.

Something else that seemed apparent is... leadership. Who are the leaders? There appears to be a gaping hole on leadership. It shows.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    I'm just not sure they can get that good deal. I think the value of both players together is in the 7th round range, maybe 6th if the re-sign Ray. But neither are attractive options at this point.
    I've seen stranger things, we got a 4th for Bibbs and a 5th for sambrailo.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Right now Ray's identity is a 2nd to 3rd tier pass rusher with concerning injury issues. Short of that, he's a liability in run defense. It's not looking good for Ray, though I'm sure he'll get picked up by another team after this season. Earlier in the off-season there was reported many attempts to pitch Ray to any teams interested, but there must have been very little interest or none at all. That tells me he's going to get fewer snaps and have even less of a chance to 'break out' and sell his trade value.
    Well prior to the draft we didnt have Chubb. Then in TC he got hurt early, so we didnt really have a big window to move him

Leave a comment:

• Dotst
    replied
    5 catches, 11 targets, for 18 yards for DT this game. So he has 11 catches, 21 targets for 81 yards. Wow. Does this guy NEVER get open? A 52% catch rate IS TERRIBLE.

The raiders played a pretty good game honestly. Their Oline is good so we couldn't get any pressure, but it doesn't help they had multiple open guys every play for quick throws. Then their dline kept our rushing game pretty slow for the most part. I didn't expect this hard of a game. It feels like we have 10x more talent than the Raiders, but we just keep getting out coached.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Right im not saying give him away for nothing, but if you can get a good deal pull the trigger.
    I'm just not sure they can get that good deal. I think the value of both players together is in the 7th round range, maybe 6th if the re-sign Ray. But neither are attractive options at this point.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Right now Ray's identity is a 2nd to 3rd tier pass rusher with concerning injury issues. Short of that, he's a liability in run defense. It's not looking good for Ray, though I'm sure he'll get picked up by another team after this season. Earlier in the off-season there was reported many attempts to pitch Ray to any teams interested, but there must have been very little interest or none at all. That tells me he's going to get fewer snaps and have even less of a chance to 'break out' and sell his trade value.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    I don't disagree with you, but I can't see them giving up a 3rd or 4th for it.
    Right im not saying give him away for nothing, but if you can get a good deal pull the trigger.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Well the Jets currently have something they havent had in a long time, and that's hope. Getting a guy like ray let's them negotiate now, and have the franchise tag if he explodes. Maybe a change of scenery is needed.
    I don't disagree with you, but I can't see them giving up a 3rd or 4th for it.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Yeah I'm sure teams will be eager to line up to give value for players struggling. Especially a team that's clearly in a rebuilding phase and not looking for one year veterans at the cost of draft picks....
    Well the Jets currently have something they havent had in a long time, and that's hope. Getting a guy like ray let's them negotiate now, and have the franchise tag if he explodes. Maybe a change of scenery is needed.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Flip Ray and DeMaryius to the Jets for a 3rd-4th round pick. Or an ILB, anything that will get Marshall off the field.
    Yeah I'm sure teams will be eager to line up to give value for players struggling. Especially a team that's clearly in a rebuilding phase and not looking for one year veterans at the cost of draft picks....

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Flip Ray and DeMaryius to the Jets for a 3rd-4th round pick. Or an ILB, anything that will get Marshall off the field.
    Getting rid of DT this year doesn't make any sense.

Leave a comment:

• KWHIT97
    replied
    Jets are looking hard at pass rushers. Honestly, we should move Ray. He has not been good, and I dont expect much in terms of comp picks from him. See if we can get the Jets to overpay.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Yeah. Not the best showing today, but walking away with a win with a go-ahead FG is always nice. Earlier I didn't think the team could overcome a 12 point deficit, but I'm glad I was wrong and you weren't!
    Gotcha covered Trust that I was not confident about winning just thought there was enough time IF they could play better.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Shane Ray probably wouldn't be worth trading for since he's on his last year of his rookie contract. I think most teams already know that Ray is a has-been and injury prone risk, and will decide to go for him or not after this season.
    Well they are looking at guys on 1 year deals. Lawrence and Ansah are the head liners. Also guys similar to Shane like Dante Fowler. Move on from ray, pay shaq, and promote Holland.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Jets are looking hard at pass rushers. Honestly, we should move Ray. He has not been good, and I dont expect much in terms of comp picks from him. See if we can get the Jets to overpay.
    Shane Ray probably wouldn't be worth trading for since he's on his last year of his rookie contract. I think most teams already know that Ray is a has-been and injury prone risk, and will decide to go for him or not after this season.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X