This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I almost wonder if he's trying to do too much to impress the home fans and show everyone he's worth the money? Because the picks are him trying to force things. I'm looking forward to seeing him on the road, and seeing if that helps calm him down?
    It's also gonna help to have some solid RBs like Taz and Rolls-Royce. Once they started breaking runs in the second half he was able to open up the passing game. And I do feel satisfied with the team's overall effort to fight through some terrible officiating. They just did the highlights on NBC pregame and both Rodney Harrison and Tony Dungy were baffled that they called Sutton out of bounds on the TD catch.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post
      In fairness he could quite easily have had 2 TD today. Patrick couldn't quite hold on to one, the other was wrongly overturned.
      I'm fine if he doesn't rack up the stats with TDs, it's the interceptions that affect the game more in my opinion. He needs to learn that he should trust his feet or throw it away if the play isn't there. Short of that, we have probably the best running back set since 98/99, trust those guys to make a play.
      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by gerontion View Post
        I actually hated going for it on 4th and challenging the spot. I will credit VJ for his intestinal fortitude, though.
        I did as well. My comment as it was happening was that I hated going for it on 4th down regardless of the result. Now that they've won, I'm a little happier with it.

The challenging of the spot had to be done. It pretty much won the team the game, because they put 30 seconds back on the clock after they won the challenge. If he doesn't challenge it they lose that 30 seconds. That was bigger than the first down (which they got anyways).

Comment

• Originally posted by Elway View Post
          VJ gonna VJ. Didn't agree with all the ref calls, so I'm glad we still got the W.

But maybe it's time to put DT a little lower on the Depth chart. Time to put him on notice, you need to perform.

Next week we face Flacco, again not a world beater, but we need to build up as many wins as we can.
          I've been a staunch DT supporter for a long time now...Time for Sutton and Patrick to surpass him on the depth chart. His drops were just flatout inexcusable.
          sigpic

Comment

• Bright spot on this team. Can we give it up for the rookies? Solid play from several of our rooks. WR’s and RB’s coming to play.
            Geaux Tigers

Comment

• I was concerned about this when we signed Keenum - did we overpay for a backup? Most backups are capable of winning games and getting hot, but as we're seeing with Foles this year, consistency is where they fall down. On the plus side, Keenum's shown the ability to overcome poor decisions and lackluster play, something we didn't have with Siemian. But he's going to have to pick it up and bring consistent intensity and accuracy to complete the transition from backup to starter. Certainly he's not the only one at fault, but most of the time the offense follows the QB's lead. 2 games isn't a trend, but if we see much the same next week, I'll be worried.

Comment

• What type of return would we see from a DT trade right now? Would we get a 3rd-4th Round pick for him from a desperate team like NE or DAL?
                sigpic
                ******** Adopt a Bronco 2019 | #70 Ja'wuan James :thumb: ********
                ***** Adopt a Bronco 2017-18 | #72 Garett Bolles *****

Comment

• Originally posted by ManhattanBronco View Post
                  What type of return would we see from a DT trade right now? Would we get a 3rd-4th Round pick for him from a desperate team like NE or DAL?
                  No chance. Their coaches know exactly what our fans do. They also know he's basically on a one year contract. Maybe you can get a conditional 7th, but I don't think he has any trade value whatsoever at this point.

Comment

I did as well. My comment as it was happening was that I hated going for it on 4th down regardless of the result. Now that they've won, I'm a little happier with it.

The challenging of the spot had to be done. It pretty much won the team the game, because they put 30 seconds back on the clock after they won the challenge. If he doesn't challenge it they lose that 30 seconds. That was bigger than the first down (which they got anyways).
                    Fair point about the spot challenge. I forgot about the time put back on the clock. I thought he was just burning a time out for half a yard.

Comment

• The good:

The OL was good again, even losing Veldheer didnt break us.

Von is still a superstar.

The Rookie RBs are going to be a dynamic duo.

The defense. Yes the defense gave up 19 points, and was on the field for an entire chunk of the 1st half. They had their lapses, but if they can hold teams to 19 points I'll take that week in and out.

Team resiliency is at an all time high

The Bad:

Our big WRs. DT was bad, Sutton and Patrick have yet to come up as big as they were in TC. You can say almost as much as you want, but in the end the result is all that matters.

The effect a competent TE has on our game plan, Cook had his moments, and even then he forced bracket coverage and that caused us problems. He was in Simmons head for sure, the Seth Robert's TD was proof. Still thought we should have traded for Earl Thomas and paired him the JS.

ILB play was pretty weak today. Honestly, this is again our biggest weakness on D. Denver will likely move on from DT, they should do so with Marshall and Davis also. Throw the dollars and Mosely or Barr.

Coaching was questionable. The end of the 1st half was baffling. The coverage scheme by Woods was a head scratcher. and the 1st half play calling was confusing offensively. I will say the Raiders gameplan was way different from week one, so we got caught for a loop especially offensively.

All in all a lot to clean up, but the potential is definitely there. IMO we should trade for Josh Gordon, and get him either as a replacement for DT or a great 5th option.
                      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by LASERLIPS View Post
                        Bright spot on this team. Can we give it up for the rookies? Solid play from several of our rooks. WR’s and RB’s coming to play.
                        If Lindsay keeps going he could be a serious candidate for OROY. Of course he'll never win it if he has to go up against big name guys like Darnold or Barkley.

Comment

No chance. Their coaches know exactly what our fans do. They also know he's basically on a one year contract. Maybe you can get a conditional 7th, but I don't think he has any trade value whatsoever at this point.
                          That stinks... I'm a big DT Fan, but I think a fresh start for both sides would be good. What are the cap implications for a trade? I know we'd eat a ton of dead money if we released him...
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                            If Lindsay keeps going he could be a serious candidate for OROY. Of course he'll never win it if he has to go up against big name guys like Darnold or Barkley.
                            Well I'll tell you Darnold looked shaky at best today, we were stuck with the Jets game here in NYC and it was not as good of a game today as last week. Allen was destroyed (again) today during the Bills game... Barkley could go off tonight but our young RB's are right there in the conversation in my (slightly biased) opinion.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ManhattanBronco View Post
                              Well I'll tell you Darnold looked shaky at best today, we were stuck with the Jets game here in NYC and it was not as good of a game today as last week. Allen was destroyed (again) today during the Bills game... Barkley could go off tonight but our young RB's are right there in the conversation in my (slightly biased) opinion.
                              I think if Darnold is even decent this year the media will slobber all over him and give him the award.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                                In fairness he could quite easily have had 2 TD today. Patrick couldn't quite hold on to one, the other was wrongly overturned.
                                Yeah, Keenum definitely could have walked away with more in the end, but he did enough today to win the game. Patrick made up for it later with the final catch of the game.
                                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
                                X