X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amy-Selic
    replied
    Originally posted by Freestyle View Post
    Yep. An expansion franchise that was picking at the top of the draft every year became a monster under Wade. San Diego as well.

Calling him a failure because Kubiak had a stroke and they wanted a new coach is pretty lazy analysis.

Stars thrive under him and he makes new ones. "only taking a good roster"... You are far off the mark.
    Yes, it's outrageous to me that some fans here will actually say ditching wade was not a loss. Looking at the Rams this year I can only feel jealousy, their defense is, surprise surprise, looking historically good

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    Word is Jimmy G is done for ththe season. Package up CK and get him outta here!

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The first holding call on McGovern was a bad call. His hands stayed inside the entire time; second call was horrible and should have been on the Ravens for illegal hand to the face. I didn’t see Leary’s penalty but in any case it was called.

Penalties are bad but turnovers are worse. Keenum’s INT was another bad decision. Sure there was pressure but that happens - no way should Keenum make that throw off his back foot. Either take a sack or throw it away. Keenum has five INTs in three games. Sanders bailed him out on a lot of bad passes. The line gave Keenum time and he had trouble making a pass on a route to the sideline for 6-8 yards.
    There was tons of pressure throughout the game. His pick was bad, but also was the result of interior pressure. The OL got worked there are no two ways about it, and multiple OL penalties killed drives. Keenum was far from great, but he wasnt the reason we lost either.

Leave a comment:

• Jason Sitoke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    The refs certainly killed the momentum today.
    Why risk getting hurt? Why risk having brain damage later in in life when you know the referees are dictating the game!

The broncos started out strong but retorted to garbage but I think it all started with the officials today.
    Haha. Yes...the refs!!!! Said every football fan when the team loses.

Didn’t see the refs dominating the LoS on both sides. I did notice the ravens doing it though.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Not just Bolles, McGovern was awful, and Leary had his unsportsmanlike that pushed us out of FG range. They failed to get 1 yd in clutch time, ya he held on a little too long on a couple, but I'd rather that than forcing a throw.
    The first holding call on McGovern was a bad call. His hands stayed inside the entire time; second call was horrible and should have been on the Ravens for illegal hand to the face. I didn’t see Leary’s penalty but in any case it was called.

Penalties are bad but turnovers are worse. Keenum’s INT was another bad decision. Sure there was pressure but that happens - no way should Keenum make that throw off his back foot. Either take a sack or throw it away. Keenum has five INTs in three games. Sanders bailed him out on a lot of bad passes. The line gave Keenum time and he had trouble making a pass on a route to the sideline for 6-8 yards.

Leave a comment:

• Freestyle
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    After this horrible game you guys are argueing about Wade.... ok
    I hate arguing from this point. It means we're losing games. Bronco fan first and the names and faces come and go. The Patriots have gotten away with unpopular moves because they have a solid structure and keep winning games. We are trying to do that, but who knows what we have but it looks awful so far.

Game threads are kind of any topic anyway. As long as it's football.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Disagree. The penalties by Bolles were bad but Keenum had time on a lot of plays. When the QB gets 5-6 seconds or longer and can’t find an open receiver, that’s either on Keenum or the receivers not uncovering.
    Not just Bolles, McGovern was awful, and Leary had his unsportsmanlike that pushed us out of FG range. They failed to get 1 yd in clutch time, ya he held on a little too long on a couple, but I'd rather that than forcing a throw.

Leave a comment:

• Humberg
    replied
    Originally posted by PhoenixDread View Post
    Call me crazy but I don't think we're THAT bad of a team. Sure we could be 0-3 but the fact is we're not. We can only hope the team can pull it together and get in stride by mid season. We're still finding ourselves
    You're crazy....

Leave a comment:

• ManhattanBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Hard to win games when the OL is this bad.

4th and 6 and what happens ? A defender is in CK's face immediately. We can discuss a ton of issues but until the OL can at least function with some competency then we are going to struggle moving the ball with any consistency.
    Agreed here, I'm still holding out hope for Bolles but the big guys up front let us down today (Along with the refs...)

Leave a comment:

• Humberg
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    It's because we are all pretty much agreed our coaches and players are horrible right now. So we might as well argue about other teams' coaches. Why not?

Leave a comment:

• PhoenixDread
    replied
    Call me crazy but I don't think we're THAT bad of a team. Sure we could be 0-3 but the fact is we're not. We can only hope the team can pull it together and get in stride by mid season. We're still finding ourselves

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Freestyle
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Really? By modern era do you mean just Denver and the Rams? Phillips is very good at taking a good roster and putting them in position to be great. He's poor at taking a less talented roster and making them good.
    Yep. An expansion franchise that was picking at the top of the draft every year became a monster under Wade. San Diego as well.

Calling him a failure because Kubiak had a stroke and they wanted a new coach is pretty lazy analysis.

Stars thrive under him and he makes new ones. "only taking a good roster"... You are far off the mark.

Leave a comment:

• LASERLIPS
    replied
    The only tiny bit of solace I take in today’s putrid, poopy diaper, dumpster fire of a loss, is that the Vikings and their golden boy Cousins, who many project as being in the SB, got hosed by a winless, McCoy-less Bills team.

It’s the small things in life that keep you going. Like rejoicing in others failures. 😏

Leave a comment:

• Freestyle
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I'm not disputing 2015 in any single way. That defense was 100% elite, the talent level was unreal and Phillips did a great job with a loaded roster. I'm talking about the year after, when the personnel wasn't nearly as deep or good, and the run defense was awful. Hence the game against the Patriots, the Patriots just ran the ball and killed the clock, because of Denver's deficiencies.

So you're trying to throw shade on me by making straw man arguments.
    The stats posted were from 2016. A lot of teams would love the stats I pointed out. You didn't bother to address them.

I don't buy the "doesn't run zone enough" argument. I'm sure after decades in the NFL he knows a lot more about it than you realize. You should print up those offensive blueprints to beat his defense and hand it to everyone in the NFC West. I'm sure they don't know about it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X